2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona has just taken down the Sun Devils, IN TEMPE.

Who saw this happening one month ago?? :wacko:

I didn't, but that has more to do with me giving it literally zero thought. Not having KevinW around really allows to me ignore the entire state of Arizona.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's like teams are trying to lose the Pac-12 south.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Lemme throw another curveball into the mix.

UGA beats the west rep in the SEC title game. What then?

UGA is 9-2 (won 9 in a row). Our two losses at the beginning of the season: Boise and Carolina. We would be the SEC champs. It's a legitimate question because it's not an easy road for the other guys. LSU plays Arkansas next week, so either Arkansas will have two losses, or LSU will take their first loss. Alabama plays Auburn in Auburn, where the Iron Bowl is never a given. UGA is done in conference play and squares up vs. GT next week.

Thoughts, please.

Tonight, the Cats bent a lot, but didn't break. It really frustrates me; where was this gutty effort earlier this year? The Cats defense was opportunistic and physical for once, and kept Sparky out of the endzone in the 2nd half. Ah, what could've been.

BEAR DOWN!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Georgia's not going to jump from #14 to #2 in the matter of two weeks. (Very good possibility that Georgia doesn't move up at all in Sunday's new BCS rankings.)

Too many teams ahead of Georgia play each other, and too little season left for Georgia to make that significant a climb.

Given that hypothetical scenario, I simply fail to see how it may be possible for a team who failed to win their conference (possibly Bama) to play for a national title.

Okie State and Houston play for the title in that scenario.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Georgia's not going to jump from #14 to #2 in the matter of two weeks. (Very good possibility that Georgia doesn't move up at all in Sunday's new BCS rankings.)

Too many teams ahead of Georgia play each other, and too little season left for Georgia to make that significant a climb.

I'm not saying we will jump that far, but we have the new BCS rankings tomorrow, where I do expect us to jump a little considering 2, 4, 5, and 7 all lost. Then take the Tech game into account and whatever happens that weekend, we will have a new set of BCS rankings. Then if we beat LSU, we will be given a new ranking again. I'm not saying we will go to number two, but we have 3 new rankings along the way before the bowl games. Just playing devil's advocate.

I'm not saying we will jump that far, but we have the new BCS rankings tomorrow, where I do expect us to jump a little considering 2, 4, 5, and 7 all lost. Then take the Tech game into account and whatever happens that weekend, we will have a new set of BCS rankings. Then if we beat LSU, we will be given a new ranking again. I'm not saying we will go to number two, but we have 3 new rankings along the way before the bowl games. Just playing devil's advocate.

You use "we" too much.

The fact that UGa still lost to South Carolina will hurt them with the human portion. Then the Bulldogs have to beat Tech and the West Champion for your pipe dream to even be considered. Just be happy that Georgia has one nine consecutive games for the first time in nearly 30 years.

FYI, is Richt still on the "hot seat"?

You use "we" too much.

The fact that UGa still lost to South Carolina will hurt them with the human portion. Then the Bulldogs have to beat Tech and the West Champion for your pipe dream to even be considered. Just be happy that Georgia has one nine consecutive games for the first time in nearly 30 years.

FYI, is Richt still on the "hot seat"?

As a student of the University, they're my team. They embody all students. I see nothing wrong with claiming them as my team. And no, Richt is not on the hot seat. That hot seat was abandoned in Jax when he beat Florida.

I know its not likely, but like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate. There's still a lot of football to play.

The BCS top 3:

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Arkansas

The SEC does freakin' rule. No questions asked.

No, those three teams wreaked wild havoc on a steaming hot pile of dog doo, with Georgia dodging the worst of it due to scheduling quirks. Their success does not mean the rest of the conference is awesome.

I'd put Okie Light (assuming they win Bedlam) in ahead of SEC #2 (or 3). Especially since the Big XII is actually the strongest Conference in the country this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Possible BCS matchups

Championship - LSU (13-0) vs. Alabama (11-1)

Rose Bowl - Oregon (11-2) vs. Michigan State (11-2)

Sugar Bowl - Arkansas (10-2) vs. Houston (13-0)

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech (12-1) vs. Rutgers (9-3)

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State (11-1) vs. Stanford (11-1)

Stanford cannot move tickets. Wisconsin can.

Even a 10-3 Wisconsin and the president of the Fiesta Bowl is a a Stanford grad

Actually you're more likely to get a two loss Michigan team up there instead of the Big Ten Championship game loser. And yeah, Arkansas cannot play in the BCS if both Alabama and LSU are already in it. 2 team per conference max.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Possible BCS matchups

Championship - LSU (13-0) vs. Alabama (11-1)

Rose Bowl - Oregon (11-2) vs. Michigan State (11-2)

Sugar Bowl - Arkansas (10-2) vs. Houston (13-0)

Orange Bowl - Virginia Tech (12-1) vs. Rutgers (9-3)

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma State (11-1) vs. Stanford (11-1)

Stanford cannot move tickets. Wisconsin can.

Even a 10-3 Wisconsin and the president of the Fiesta Bowl is a a Stanford grad

Actually you're more likely to get a two loss Michigan team up there instead of the Big Ten Championship game loser. And yeah, Arkansas cannot play in the BCS if both Alabama and LSU are already in it. 2 team per conference max.

Exactly. The Pac-10/12 rarely gets an at-large bid.

If Penn State happens to beat Wisconsin, they will be slotted no lower than Gator Bowl. If they are not in the title game, they are possibly too hot to handle.

I want Houston to get a BCS NCG bid just to hear what Lights Out has to say about it

Why the :censored: not? It's not like anyone else wants to be #2. I don't watch much college football, but I was transfixed by the USC-Oregon game... (and the only other game this year I sat through and kept watching was Hawai'i and San Jose State :wacko:)

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived