2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

The Utes gave me the vibe of "all we have to do is show up and we'll win today"...

Hope we get White IV back in time for the bowl game or we'll get steamrolled, won't matter the opponent

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who has Oklahoma State beaten? Kansas State, Baylor, a crappy Texas and less than worthy Missouri, barely beat Texas A&M and lost to Iowa State. If they beat OU, sure they should at least get a shot.

PROTIP: The Big XII is actually stronger than the SEC this season by actual objective measures. And Oklahoma State will have played a full round robin against them.

Additionally they have a non-Conference slate of Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulsa, and Arizona-with Arizona likely being the worst opponent of the 3. There's a chance that by the end of the season Oklahoma State will have played 10 Bowl teams.

Alright I'll give you that, and I'm less than impressed with Bama's choice of a Non-Conference schedule. Kent State, North Texas, Penn State and Georgia Southern. Next year so far they have Michigan (In Arlington) Western Kentucky and Florida Atlantic. Two Sun Belt teams c'mon. Could you at least bring in an ACC or go on the road to a quality Big XII school. I don't know what their problem is. I guess they don't mind handing out big checks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So ASU gets eliminated early in the day (Thanks for nothing Utah!), so why not just throw it all out there for senior day and end on a high note... Or not. Just have Vontaze Burfict blow up for really the first time this year, offense goes streaky hot and streaky cold all game, then just fall in a wimper to Cal...

ASU was 2-0, beat ranked Mizzou, then loses to unranked Illinois in Champaign... Come back to Tempe and demolish USC (now 9-2 with their other loss in 3OT to Stanford, and a win over Oregon), work their way back to 5-1 and into the rankings, hang with Oregon but lose, but hey comeback to destroy Colorado and be 6-2. Finish up with UCLA, Wazzu, UA, Cal? 10-win season and a Oregon rematch here we come!... Except they lose to UCLA, Erickson says it's the worst loss of his career... Lose to Wazzu, Erickson says its the worst loss of his career... Lose to UA, Erickson says its the worst loss of his career... then finish it all out with the Cal loss.

This season had been built up to. This season was just so set up for an 11-1 season, at worst 10-2 most likely, then there's this crap and another 6-6 season.

See you in the next life, Dennis. <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Pac-12 Bowl Predictions

1 BCS Team:

Rose: Oregon (11-2)

Alamo: Stanford (10-2)

Holiday: Washington (7-5)

Sun: Cal (7-5)

Las Vegas: Utah (7-5)

Kraft Fight Hunger: Arizona State (6-6)

New Mexico: N/A

2 BCS Teams:

Rose: Oregon (11-2)

Fiesta: Stanford (11-1)

Alamo: Washington (7-5)

Holiday: Cal (7-5)

Sun: Utah (7-5)

Las Vegas: Arizona State (6-6)

Kraft Fight Hunger: N/A

New Mexico: N/A

Bowl Ineligible:

USC (10-2) - on probation

UCLA (6-7) - lost Pac-12 Championship Game

Arizona (4-8)

Washington State (4-8)

Oregon State (3-9)

Colorado (3-10)

Hope for Iron Bowl hell tomorrow. It's the only chance LSU-Alabama Part Deux does not occur.

No, Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma should solidify their computer numbers enough that it wouldn't take that many "dear God no rematch please" votes to put them in.

But yeah, let's have Auburn beat Alabama anyway just to be safe.

Alabama's "quality of loss" is much, much stronger than Oklahoma State's.

I can't fathom Alabama dropping a spot if they beat a ranked team tomorrow. So, hopefully, Auburn allays those problems.

:censored: your quality of loss. Play a real schedule some time and not the dregs of the SEC East, a toothless Penn State team that is only not hovering around .500 because the rest of Big Ten is a crapfest, and 3 tomato soup cans. 'Bama had their shot at home and they kicked it wide right. And left. And short. And anyplace besides through the uprights.

I agree. Hope it works out that way.

I agree as well, I definitely hope there isn't a rematch. But, the way it's looking that's the most likely scenario unless Alabama loses today against Auburn. We all know the computer doesn't take into account scores of games, just whoever gets the win. In that sense, Alabama's loss does look a lot better than Ok State's. Then there's the human factor. In my opinion, Oklahoma State's going to have to win substantially against Oklahoma to convince voters they're the better team to play in the National Championship.

Think back to 2006. You would have thought a lot of people needed convincing that Florida was a better team than Michigan going into the last poll.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So I assume Kentucky-Tennessee is an exciting defensive classic, correct?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Think back to 2006. You would have thought a lot of people needed convincing that Florida was a better team than Michigan going into the last poll.

USC was a lock for the championship game until they lost to UCLA in the final game.

Michigan not having played a game in two weeks prior to the last poll, while Florida won the SEC Championship, also was a major boost.

spacer.png

USC was a lock for the championship game until they lost to UCLA in the final game.

Michigan not having played a game in two weeks prior to the last poll, while Florida won the SEC Championship, also was a major boost.

But the logic behind bumping up Florida was 1 "You should win your Conference" and 2 "Michigan had their chance." So why is the logic different for Alabama?

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived