2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not anymore, someone actually scored a touchdown. Clearly, that's just not TROO ESS EEE SEE FOOTBAWWW, PAWWWWWL.

Why do you harp on one off-chance game being an indictment of how everything always goes? For some reason, you have a raging hard-on for LSU beating Alabama 9-6 and Connecticut and Butler's low-scoring championship game being the norm.

LSU averages just under 41 points a game when they aren't facing Alabama's defense. To date (before the Auburn game), Alabama averages 38 points a game when they aren't facing LSU's defense. Despite these facts, you have the mindset that every SEC team struggles to score 10 points a game.

When it comes to making observations, you're at Tnakian levels. That's not a good thing.

So I assume Kentucky-Tennessee is an exciting defensive classic, correct?

I think we need to ask the kid who has 37 usernames all involving Tyler Bray.

I just want to see the updated avatar where Bray threw game-clinching INT to Kentucky.

Bray sucks. Most overrated QB in college football.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Think back to 2006. You would have thought a lot of people needed convincing that Florida was a better team than Michigan going into the last poll.

USC was a lock for the championship game until they lost to UCLA in the final game.

Michigan not having played a game in two weeks prior to the last poll, while Florida won the SEC Championship, also was a major boost.

But the logic behind bumping up Florida was 1 "You should win your Conference" and 2 "Michigan had their chance." So why is the logic different for Alabama?

Because when it comes down to it, with every "big win" LSU has against a ranked team, it makes Alabama look better. If LSU goes out next week and defeats Georgia handily, it makes Alabama look even better. You might not agree with it, but in my opinion that's the logic behind it.

Looking back, I don't think you can say Florida didn't deserve to go to the National Championship. That being said, it doesn't have to do so much with the fact they won their conference, but more of the fact Michigan played one less game than Florida. Coming from the SEC and winning it helped Florida's case but I really think it had more to do with Florida being 12-1 and Michigan being 11-1 at the second to last poll.

Poll: How fired is Derek Dooley?

1. Yes

2. Very

3. They also s'posed to be SEC

4. LAST PLACE IN ESS EEE SEE EAST PAAAWWWWLLLL

5. Achievement unlocked: 27 year winning streak snapped

/If you know a Tennessee fan, please check in on them now. Keep them away from sharp objects and rope.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not anymore, someone actually scored a touchdown. Clearly, that's just not TROO ESS EEE SEE FOOTBAWWW, PAWWWWWL.

Why do you harp on one off-chance game being an indictment of how everything always goes? For some reason, you have a raging hard-on for LSU beating Alabama 9-6 and Connecticut and Butler's low-scoring championship game being the norm.

It's a joke. Clearly you can't take one.

And for some reason, you have a raging hard-on for my posts, since you can't stop replying to them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's a joke. Clearly you can't take one.

And for some reason, you have a raging hard-on for my posts, since you can't stop replying to them.

I can take jokes. You just can't deliver them. You also can't deliver intelligent insight on college football discussion.

My point stands.

Update for those of you who are wondering which Big East team will screw up the BCS bowls this year :D :

Today's significant Big East Scores:

Rutgers 22, Connecticut 40

Cincinnati 30, Syracuse 13

Two loss teams still alive for BCS birth:

Louisville Cardinals, 5-2 in conference

West Virginia Mountaineers, 4-2 in conference

Cincinnati Bearcats, 4-2 in conference

(Rutgers is now 4-3 in conference and was eliminated today. Other eliminated teams are Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, and South Florida)

The Cardinals go to the Orange Bowl IF:

Cincinnati loses to Connecticut. The Cardinals do not play next weekend.

The Mountaineers go to the Orange Bowl IF:

They defeat South Florida on Thursday AND Cincinnati defeats Connecticut. West Virginia does not get the BCS birth if Cincinnati loses, regardless of the outcome of their game against USF.

The Bearcats go to the Orange Bowl IF:

They defeat Connecticut AND West Virginia loses to South Florida. Cincinnati does not get the BCS birth if West Virginia wins, regardless of the outcome of their game against UConn.

The winner of the Big East will play the ACC champion in the Orange Bowl.

25yzwqg.png

Poll: How fired is Derek Dooley?

1. Yes

2. Very

3. They also s'posed to be SEC

4. LAST PLACE IN ESS EEE SEE EAST PAAAWWWWLLLL

5. Achievement unlocked: 27 year winning streak snapped

/If you know a Tennessee fan, please check in on them now. Keep them away from sharp objects and rope.

You forgot that they have a brand new AD too.

But again we still need to ask the kid here with one birthday, but 37 different handles all involving Tyler Bray.

Think back to 2006. You would have thought a lot of people needed convincing that Florida was a better team than Michigan going into the last poll.

USC was a lock for the championship game until they lost to UCLA in the final game.

Michigan not having played a game in two weeks prior to the last poll, while Florida won the SEC Championship, also was a major boost.

But the logic behind bumping up Florida was 1 "You should win your Conference" and 2 "Michigan had their chance." So why is the logic different for Alabama?

Because when it comes down to it, with every "big win" LSU has against a ranked team, it makes Alabama look better. If LSU goes out next week and defeats Georgia handily, it makes Alabama look even better. You might not agree with it, but in my opinion that's the logic behind it.

Looking back, I don't think you can say Florida didn't deserve to go to the National Championship. That being said, it doesn't have to do so much with the fact they won their conference, but more of the fact Michigan played one less game than Florida. Coming from the SEC and winning it helped Florida's case but I really think it had more to do with Florida being 12-1 and Michigan being 11-1 at the second to last poll.

Again, so why is Alabama different from Michigan?

*note, I understand that Okie Light hasn't played that additional game, but the fact they played the full round robin should cancel that out.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I completely understand where you're coming from and I'll give you my honest answer, I don't know. The only thing I can assume is that people think Alabama is more deserving because they took the #1 team to overtime and only loss by a field goal. We know the computer's don't think like that because they have Oklahoma State ranked 2nd in SOS and I believe after next week Oklahoma State will be 2nd in the computer polls. It pretty much comes down to how people vote and what they see. But, most of the voters don't watch every game which is a sham and I hope Oklahoma State comes out with a big win next week over Oklahoma.

Archived