2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Boise State just had the play of the year before halftime.

The play of the year was the missed field goal against TCU that lost them the game...did that happen again? cool

LOL... when was the last time an Akron game had BCS bids at stake? Oh, never? Cool.

this is cool

calling out someone else's team proves that you are too stupid to think of anything better to say. My team sucks, are you telling me something I didn't know? Do I run around trying to pretend they are good, like Boise people do?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, so why is Alabama different from Michigan?

*note, I understand that Okie Light hasn't played that additional game, but the fact they played the full round robin should cancel that out.*

We had just as good an option in Florida as there was in Michigan. Both were the lone 1-loss teams (at least, the teams that matter). Folks went with the option that won their conference and hadn't already lost to the lone undefeated team.

Right now, other than Alabama, there's only three other 1-loss options: Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, and Stanford. Virginia Tech lost at home to Clemson by 20, and Stanford lost at home to Oregon by 23. It'll be hard to convince voters that Virginia Tech and Stanford are better than Alabama.

If Oklahoma State finishes 11-1, the voters will do a bit of a "market correction" and put them at #2 in the voter polls. (Arkansas will drop, so that helps OSU in that they'll be, at worst, #3 in the next polls.) Oklahoma State is already #2 in the computer polls.

If every other BCS conference champion finishes with 2 losses, Alabama likely plays in the national championship game. If Stanford and/or Virginia Tech are the lone 1-loss teams left, I'm not sure either of them have enough steam to overtake Alabama. (And Stanford very well could be an at-large 11-1 team, which won't help their cause any.)

Are we seriously having a Boise-Akron trash war? My gosh, I've seen it all now.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Do I run around trying to pretend they are good, like Boise people do?

#7 in the country, 9-1... pretty sure nobody has to pretend BSU is good. And no, you don't pretend Akron is good, you just insult other people's teams, and that's when you're not busy Clevejacking.

You play 1 good team every year...yes you are pretending. What's next saying Houston deserves to play in the National Championship?

This is in no way an Akron-Boise argument. I said Akron was terrible, so he went on to prove my point by posting their record? If that's his way of arguing cool. Doesn't make much sense, but that you for proving my point!

Are we seriously having a Boise-Akron trash war? My gosh, I've seen it all now.

It's more.a vmd is trolling AGAIN war, but Jesus, LO, you gotta let some :censored: slide. You took the bait like that.

This is a thread about COLLEGE FOOTBALL and I posted the play of the year? yeah trolling for sure...

Congratulations Michigan fans. That was a helluva game. Going in, I didn't think Michigan scoring 40 would have surprised me much. Now if you had said Michigan will score 40 but Ohio State will only lose by 6, I would have said you were nuts. The truth is, the game was never really as close as the score might lead people to believe. I felt Michigan was pretty much in control the entire game. Anyway, the Buckeyes played a helluva lot better than I thought they would. Nothing to be ashamed of. Enjoy the win Wolverines fans. You guys earned this one.

BB52Big.jpg

So it's finally time for Illinois to start looking for a new head coach. How can a team only put up 18 yards of offense in the first half against Minnesota? And it's been 2 months since they've scored points in both halves of a game. This offense is just pathetic.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

this is cool

So is this.

TfkOH.png

Yes it is. :grin:

Congratulations Michigan fans. That was a helluva game. Going in, I didn't think Michigan scoring 40 would have surprised me much. Now if you had said Michigan will score 40 but Ohio State will only lose by 6, I would have said you were nuts. The truth is, the game was never really as close as the score might lead people to believe. I felt Michigan was pretty much in control the entire game. Anyway, the Buckeyes played a helluva lot better than I thought they would. Nothing to be ashamed of. Enjoy the win Wolverines fans. You guys earned this one.

Michigan better enjoy this one and thank their lucky stars Braxton Miller didn't connect on that pass with two minutes to go.

I forgot what it was like to lose to Michigan. It feels foreign, yet familiar at the same time. It reminds me of being a kid in the 90's when every year ended in a heartbreaking loss to Michigan. This wasn't that hard to take because I didn't expect them to win and I'm honestly not that upset about. OSU winning every year was making things boring anyways. The rivalry needed a Michigan W.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There is no chance in hell Alabama isn't heading to the National Championship.

No chance.

Why is destroying Auburn that meaningful? Georgia did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Also high grade bull :censored: at the end of the Indiana-Purdue Game. Like :censored: simultaneous catches aren't reviewable. The goddamn refs used replay to reverse one of those down the wire in 2009 Indiana-Michigan. DIAF, all of you. <_<:cursing:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone who says Alabama shouldn't be in the national championship is just being anti-SEC. That was one of the top two teams in the country playing against Auburn.

Trent Richardson should also at least be in NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Anyone who says Alabama shouldn't be in the national championship is just being anti-SEC. That was one of the top two teams in the country playing against Auburn.

Trent Richardson should also at least be in NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

Alabama can play LSU in the National Championship.

After they both win their way through an 8 or 16 team tournament. You had your chance. You :censored: ed it up. Go destroy Houston in the Sugar Bowl. If we're going to maintain that the farcical notion that the regular season is a playoff, Alabama was eliminated by virtue of their loss to LSU. No second chances.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived