2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I dunno, you gotta give Okie Light a shooter's chance at least.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That defense of theirs though.

Also, I agree with you on the Big 12 being better as a whole than the SEC this season.

Oklahoma State's defense tends to let up in the second half when the game gets out of hand-that contributes some to their defensive "issues".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also, I agree with you on the Big 12 being better as a whole than the SEC this season.

Oklahoma State's defense tends to let up in the second half when the game gets out of hand-that contributes some to their defensive "issues".

Don't get me wrong I like Oklahoma State crashing the BCS party but I still think they're somehow going to lose to Oklahoma on Saturday.

Don't get me wrong I like Oklahoma State crashing the BCS party but I still think they're somehow going to lose to Oklahoma on Saturday.

How would they crash the party? They're a BCS team.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Cause ESPN has some infatuation with Nick Saban and Alabama. They're pretty much saying, "No matter what, it's LSU-Alabama." Hell, today they even said there was just a slim chance Oklahoma State could make it. I think by BCS party he means the title game.

Cause ESPN has some infatuation with Nick Saban and Alabama. They're pretty much saying, "No matter what, it's LSU-Alabama." Hell, today they even said there was just a slim chance Oklahoma State could make it. I think by BCS party he means the title game.

Hey, I just want to ask you a question. This doesn't really have to do with the subject, but are you of the thought that if LSU loses to Georgia, they should still be in the championship game? I just want to get a smart SEC fan's opinion (for once).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

What I mean in crashing the BCS party is them playing in the BCS Championship Game or a BCS Bowl for the first time

Hey, I just want to ask you a question. This doesn't really have to do with the subject, but are you of the thought that if LSU loses to Georgia, they should still be in the championship game? I just want to get a smart SEC fan's opinion (for once).

In my opinion, if they lose on Saturday, they should not be in the National Championship game. I'm not really sure how it'll all work, but my stomach will drop from the moment the final whistle blows until Sunday night. The thing is, if they lose, I don't think they should be out and Alabama should be in. We had all that hype for the "Game of the Century" and how whoever won that game had a clear path to the BCS Championship Game. If the loser of that game made it, I would be more ticked than I would be if LSU loses to Georgia.

Now if it's all true and they do get in, I'm not going to say they don't deserve to get in because I really think they've proven to be the top team in the country. But, if they lose and the polls come out and they're ranked anywhere but first or second, then that's what they get for losing to Georgia. But as I said, if they lose to Georgia, then it shouldn't be Alabama in the title game either.

In my opinion, if they lose on Saturday, they should not be in the National Championship game. I'm not really sure how it'll all work, but my stomach will drop from the moment the final whistle blows until Sunday night. The thing is, if they lose, I don't think they should be out and Alabama should be in. We had all that hype for the "Game of the Century" and how whoever won that game had a clear path to the BCS Championship Game. If the loser of that game made it, I would be more ticked than I would be if LSU loses to Georgia.

Now if it's all true and they do get in, I'm not going to say they don't deserve to get in because I really think they've proven to be the top team in the country. But, if they lose and the polls come out and they're ranked anywhere but first or second, then that's what they get for losing to Georgia. But as I said, if they lose to Georgia, then it shouldn't be Alabama in the title game either.

If LSU loses, I think it should be Houston vs OSU. That would be the best championship game ever.

Well, that, and the 'Pokes have had 21 interceptions this season.

LSU? 16.

Alabama? 12.

/OSU has the much better body of work. Who's Alabama's best win again? An Arkansas team who has one good win themselves.

To add to the SOS discussion..., the ELO Chess ratings in this here go into the BCS. OSU's SOS is 8. LSU's is 20, Alabama's 23.

And I don't think that's even counting Bedlam.

6fQjS3M.png

So can somebody tell me why, oh why is Michigan projected in the sugar bowl in front of teams like Kansas St, Boise St. Arkansas??? im baffled by that really.

Not sure. Doesn't make much sense to me either, so I'm going to assume it's because Michigan is a traditional draw no matter how overrated they are or how suspect their defense is. It's probably money.

Yea, if watching Oklahoma State put up 50 points and beating Houston by 4 touchdowns is your thing, then it's a great National Championship.

You are severely underestimating Houston's defense.

OSU 59- Tulsa 33

Houston 48- Tulsa 16

Both were at Tulsa. OSU allowed more than double the points that Houston allowed.

So can somebody tell me why, oh why is Michigan projected in the sugar bowl in front of teams like Kansas St, Boise St. Arkansas??? im baffled by that really.

Kansas St and Arkansas because conferences can only have two teams play in the BCS, save for an insanely unlikely scenario where teams from the same conference finish #1 and #2, but fail to secure the automatic bid by winning their conference. Kansas State because of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, both of which beat them (Oklahoma destroyed them); Arkansas because of LSU and Alabama both of which handily beat them and have less losses.

Boise State because do you really think that a team that failed to win the Mountain West Conference deserves to go to a BCS game?

IUe6Hvh.png

Yea, if watching Oklahoma State put up 50 points and beating Houston by 4 touchdowns is your thing, then it's a great National Championship.

You are severely underestimating Houston's defense.

OSU 59- Tulsa 33

Houston 48- Tulsa 16

Both were at Tulsa. OSU allowed more than double the points that Houston allowed.

That's a terrible way of judging it.

New Mexico State - 10, UTEP - 16

Houston - 49, UTEP - 42

So by that measure, they have a much worse defense than New Mexico State, who has one of the worst defenses in college football.

For Oklahoma State, Tulsa is a game to fill out the schedule -- and one prior to a considerably larger game against the team was #8 in the country at that point. For Houston it was one of their bigger games, so that plays into it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Kansas St and Arkansas because conferences can only have two teams play in the BCS, save for an insanely unlikely scenario where teams from the same conference finish #1 and #2, but fail to secure the automatic bid by winning their conference. Kansas State because of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, both of which beat them (Oklahoma destroyed them); Arkansas because of LSU and Alabama both of which handily beat them and have less losses.

Boise State because do you really think that a team that failed to win the Mountain West Conference deserves to go to a BCS game?

well say Oklahoma loses to Ok state, then is there really much of a question, Kansas St, would be in the top 10 bcs Michigan is 15, Michigan lost to Michigan st and Iowa, Kansas St lost to both ok schools, just baffled by it plus i rather take the loser of the big 10 champ game over Michigan any day. and its not like bosie lost to Nevada they lost to TCU .

well say Oklahoma loses to Ok state, then is there really much of a question, Kansas St, would be in the top 10 bcs Michigan is 15, Michigan lost to Michigan st and Iowa, Kansas St lost to both ok schools, just baffled by it plus i rather take the loser of the big 10 champ game over Michigan any day.

You don't understand. It's a rule. Is Kansas State more deserving of a BCS game than two teams that beat them and are higher ranked? No, and since only two of them can get in, it makes room for Michigan. Same goes for Arkansas.

In the situation you said... if Oklahoma loses, then Kansas State could get a BCS bid, and Oklahoma would not. Either way, Michigan will still get a bid.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived