2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's it? Surprisingly light. I was expecting much harsher penalties.

Ohio State threw themselves on every sword they could find with the hope that the NCAA would go easy on them. Looks like it worked.

Damn right it worked. It's some bull :censored:, but it worked. Their "punishment" is laughable. Good on The OSU though.

Urban Meyer's gonna have them in the BCS 'Ship mix in 2013.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Ohio State threw themselves on every sword they could find with the hope that the NCAA would go easy on them. Looks like it worked.

The NCAA loves to go easy on teams that "self penalize".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Pitt Panthers have found a Head Coach....Wisconsin Offensive Coordinator Paul Chryst. I already think anything is an improvement over Todd"Bye,Bye,Bye"Graham so it's a start. I don't know much at all about Coach Chryst but I do know the Wisconsin offense is usually pretty good. "Meat and Potatoes" type of offense will fit right in with the city of Pittsburgh and the surrounding area fans. I do wonder what he'll do for defense, what's his defensive philosophy and who will he hire as Defensive Coordinator?

Any Badger fans mind giving the scoop on Paul Chryst? Does anyone know his defensive philosophy?(I know alot of coaches have coached both sides of the ball during their careers)

Link to ESPN on story

Hey, Jim Tressel was one of the least bad humans in the Big Ten! [/low standards]

So do teams from the state of Arizona just not show up to bowl games? That's three years running now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is painful.

ASU starts to play themselves back into position, then they give it away. They make another play to get back into position, then they give it away. Now they're marching down the field again, and I'm sure they'll find a way to give it away again. (And sure enough they did.)

Can't wait until this game is over and Erickson is gone. Can't even both himself to run down the sideline/make some big gesture to get someone's attention to call a timeout. Also, I hope UCLA fans like swing passes, because they'll have a blast with Noel Mazzone at the helm.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Pitt Panthers have found a Head Coach....Wisconsin Offensive Coordinator Paul Chryst. I already think anything is an improvement over Todd"Bye,Bye,Bye"Graham so it's a start. I don't know much at all about Coach Chryst but I do know the Wisconsin offense is usually pretty good. "Meat and Potatoes" type of offense will fit right in with the city of Pittsburgh and the surrounding area fans. I do wonder what he'll do for defense, what's his defensive philosophy and who will he hire as Defensive Coordinator?

Any Badger fans mind giving the scoop on Paul Chryst? Does anyone know his defensive philosophy?(I know alot of coaches have coached both sides of the ball during their careers)

Link to ESPN on story

Pitt has fans?

1zqy8ok.gif

I know it will never happen but I would love to see Boise State in the Pac-12 to see what they could do.

Well, we know they can beat Oregon, Utah, Oregon State, and Arizona State... B)

In all seriousness, Boise belongs in the PAC, but it's not going to happen until the facilities get upgraded, the stadium gets expanded, and more money gets raised on the education side of things. The Big 12 might be a more realistic goal to hope for right now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I know it will never happen but I would love to see Boise State in the Pac-12 to see what they could do.

Well, we know they can beat Oregon, Utah, Oregon State, and Arizona State... B)

In all seriousness, Boise belongs in the PAC, but it's not going to happen until the facilities get upgraded, the stadium gets expanded, and more money gets raised on the education side of things. The Big 12 might be a more realistic goal to hope for right now.

Since the school's response to the $2000 stipend and multi-year scholarships differs from the opinions of the full membership of both the Pac-12 and Big XII, then you (as well as the school itself) may want to reconsider that. There is only one AQ school who was a part of the override for the stipend, Wake Forest.

On multi year scholarships:

Boise State believes the following:

1. 2001-97 creates a recruiting disaster that affects both the prospective student-athletes and the institutions. Institutions

will be competing for recruits by "making the best deal." One school may only be able to offer a one-year grant while

another offers 2-years and another 4-years. In order to be competitive, institutions may offer multi-year awards so they

can sign higher level recruits. However, there is never a guarantee that the incoming student-athlete will be a good fit for

the program and the institution. If it is a poor fit the program is put in a difficult situation to continue to keep a studentathlete

on scholarship.

2. When you combine 2001-97 with 2001-96 it creates a culture of brokering. For a prospective student-athlete, the

decision as to where to attend college and participate in athletics is most likely the biggest decision they will make at that

point in their lives. That tough decision becomes more complicated when the student and his/her family have to factor in

what school "offers the best deal" versus where they may want to attend if all offers were for one year without the

enticement of 2,000.

On the $2000 stipend:

Boise State believes the following:

1. 2001-96 creates an unfair playing field between institutions. It expands the divide between the "have's" and "have

not's." It creates a recruiting advantage for those that can afford it and puts those that can't at a disadvantage.

2. 2001-96 creates a divide internally between those student-athletes who receive a full ride and those that do not. We

believe this is unfair and unjustifiable.

3. 2001-96 creates a Title IX issue. Looking at head count sports alone, football and men's basketball have 98 full rides as

compared to 47 on the women's side. That widens the gap allowable to be in compliance with Title IX.

Kellen Moore caps off an excellent career with win #50. Well done.

They'd be a .500 team in the Pac-12. Probably comparable to a UCLA, Oregon State, or Utah. The issue I see is that they wouldn't be competitive in any other sports. I never really hear of Boise making any noise in basketball, soccer, baseball, or even softball.

Kellen Moore caps off an excellent career with win #50. Well done.

They'd be a .500 team in the Pac-12. Probably comparable to a UCLA, Oregon State, or Utah. The issue I see is that they wouldn't be competitive in any other sports. I never really hear of Boise making any noise in basketball, soccer, baseball, or even softball.

Do some research before you get your bashhammer out, OK?

Boise doesn't have a baseball program. No one knows how good either the soccer or softball programs are. The basketball team made the NCAA's a few years ago. Boise is a Pac-12 member in wrestling, but that's not a great indicator of how they would fare in the Pac-12 if they were added for other sports.

Archived