2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

The problem Penn State has is that their "lettermen" or "Penn Staters" or whatever they want to call themselves are too high on themselves and too busy worshiping JoePa to understand that what the program needs is an organizational eradication and reconstruction. Anyone who was even loosely tied to Sandusky needs to be handed a pink slip.

Tom Bradley was never going to get that job, as well he shouldn't have, because any "Penn Stater" who got that job would have been irreversibility tied to the scandal and the black cloud around the program would have remained.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to early 2012 Pac-12 predictions:

North

1. Oregon

2. Stanford

3. Washington State (surprise team)

4. Washington

5. Oregon State

6. California (disappointing team)

South

1. USC

2. Utah

3. UCLA

4. Arizona State

5. Arizona

6. Colorado

Pac-12 Championship Game: USC over Oregon

BCS Championship: USC

Rose Bowl: Oregon

Alamo Bowl: Utah

Holiday Bowl: Stanford

Sun Bowl: UCLA

Las Vegas Bowl: Washington State

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Washington

New Mexico Bowl: Oregon State

You can probably shuffle 3-6 in the South and it'd still be valid. UCLA, ASU and Arizona are all going through growing pains and who knows how they'll turn out, and Colorado was somewhat surprising in their first year, especially considering the hurting they put on Arizona.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler declares for the NFL draft.

Fantastic... Personally I think it's a bad decision for ASU and for him. He'd definitely benefit from an extra year, in my opinion (one year plus a few games as a starter). But hey, good luck to ya Brock.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

North

1. Oregon

2. Stanford

4. Washington

5. Oregon State

South

1. USC

2. Utah

3. UCLA

4. Arizona State

5. Arizona

6. Colorado

Pac-12 Championship Game: USC over Oregon

BCS Championship: USC

Rose Bowl: Oregon

Alamo Bowl: Utah

Holiday Bowl: Stanford

Sun Bowl: UCLA

Las Vegas Bowl: Washington State

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Washington

New Mexico Bowl: Oregon State

I think I'm with you here on just about every team. I'll be keeping a close eye on Washington State myself - I like the hire of Mike Leach (aside from my Utes, I really enjoyed watching/following his Texas Tech teams), and am anxious to see how the Cougs do in taking this new direction.

The fan in me wants to say Utah will be Pasadena bound, but I think your prediction for them is where I realistically expect them to be. I'll gladly take an Alamo Bowl bid next year.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Michigan: Moeller replaces Schembechler (it was not the record which hurt Gary, but the pressure of the job)

And Les Miles diddling his wife. That also helps you go berserk in a restaurant.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

North

1. Oregon

2. Stanford

4. Washington

5. Oregon State

South

1. USC

2. Utah

3. UCLA

4. Arizona State

5. Arizona

6. Colorado

You've got Colorado wayyyy too high.

:P

6uXNWAo.png

Judging by the activity on this thread, I would say the biggest thing to take away from tonight's SEC I'm mean BCS title game is that you should never have a National Title game be a rematch.

Even if Alabama wins its not even a guarantee they will be the undisputed National Champion.

Judging by the activity on this thread, I would say the biggest thing to take away from tonight's SEC I'm mean BCS title game is that you should never have a National Title game be a rematch.

Even if Alabama wins its not even a guarantee they will be the undisputed National Champion.

I already commented on this game back on November 5th.

It's the exact same game.

IUe6Hvh.png

That.

Or we're all just watching the game without this thread open.

But yeah, this game isn't shaping up to be all that different than the first game. Alabama is taking a few more chances, but they're amounting to nothing.

I already commented on this game back on November 5th.

It's the exact same game.

I hate the BCS and hope it dies a horrible death, but if its going to stick around a rule should be made that you cannot be in the BCS title game if your not also your conference champion.

If LSU wins big deal. If Alabama wins by a close margin, it proves nothing.

So far, I have yet to see a compelling difference from the last game that required a rematch to settle. Oklahoma State got hosed.

...hosed? You'd need a more harsh adjective to describe the beating they would take from either of these teams.

Why do people expect one team to completely overtake another in a matchup of this proportion?

Is this a football game or a documentary on the mating habits of Galapagos Tortoises?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So far, I have yet to see a compelling difference from the last game that required a rematch to settle. Oklahoma State got hosed.

...hosed? You'd need a more harsh adjective to describe the beating they would take from either of these teams.

Why do people expect one team to completely overtake another in a matchup of this proportion?

We don't.

We just expect more than 3 damn points and a blocked field goal. A single touchdown would be nice at this point.

And we know this how?

Seriously, just because these two teams are in the SEC doesn't mean they're unbeatable. However, they are unwatchable.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived