2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

So far, I have yet to see a compelling difference from the last game that required a rematch to settle. Oklahoma State got hosed.

...hosed? You'd need a more harsh adjective to describe the beating they would take from either of these teams.

Why do people expect one team to completely overtake another in a matchup of this proportion?

You can't say that for certain can you. And that's a shame.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts of the game so far.

Nope. Not really.

I still wish we saw an Oklahoma State-LSU matchup (I know, I know, I'm the 100 billionth person to say that). That offense against that defense would've been great.

~~~~

Way to early 2012 Pac-12 predictions:

North

1. Oregon

2. Stanford

3. Washington State (surprise team)

4. Washington

5. Oregon State

6. California (disappointing team)

South

1. USC

2. Utah

3. UCLA

4. Arizona State

5. Arizona

6. Colorado

Pac-12 Championship Game: USC over Oregon

BCS Championship: USC

Rose Bowl: Oregon

Alamo Bowl: Utah

Holiday Bowl: Stanford

Sun Bowl: UCLA

Las Vegas Bowl: Washington State

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Washington

New Mexico Bowl: Oregon State

As an all-around Pac-12 fan, I approve of this. USC National Champions? Hell yes.

spacer.png

Nope. Not really.

I still wish we saw an Oklahoma State-LSU matchup (I know, I know, I'm the 100 billionth person to say that). That offense against that defense would've been great.

Just from an interest perspective the BCS screwed up big time by not having OK State in this game. Nothing gets proven from the outcome of this game. Either LSU proves they are the best team in college football or we have the potential for controversy.

Just from an interest perspective the BCS screwed up big time by not having OK State in this game. Nothing gets proven from the outcome of this game. Either LSU proves they are the best team in college football or we have the potential for controversy.

Or they prove they can beat a team they've already beaten. They can prove again that they are the best team in the SEC.

So again, not a thing gets proven in this game.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Nope. Not really.

As much as I hate 'Bama (they just represent the entire SEC for me, and I hate the SEC), I want them to win just because I want to see the :censored:storm that follows.

spacer.png

Holy hell am I glad I'm not watching this :censored:.

God, SEC football is terrible.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Of all the days for my remote control to basically conk out on me, it has to be stuck on this game....

*sigh* If Alabama wins, then I have the right to call them the Illigitimate National Champions.

Both have a great offense, but both also have the greatest defenses in College Football. Just deal with it, I want a playoff just as much as the rest of you, good chance this will change stuff. Also I just want a National Title. If you don't like the game, don't watch it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Both have a great offense, but both also have the greatest defenses in College Football. Just deal with it, I want a playoff just as much as the rest of you, good chance this will change stuff. Also I just want a National Title. If you don't like the game, don't watch it.

I really do as well but college football takes longer then evolution to adopt to change.

Again I'm all I'm all for the rule that states if a team doesn't win their Conference Title they can't be in the National Title game.

Be interesting to see if Alabama hangs on. Can a regular season road win and a conference title win be enough to overcome a neutral site loss?

So far, I have yet to see a compelling difference from the last game that required a rematch to settle. Oklahoma State got hosed.

...hosed? You'd need a more harsh adjective to describe the beating they would take from either of these teams.

Why do people expect one team to completely overtake another in a matchup of this proportion?

You can't say that for certain can you. And that's a shame.

I honestly wish I could for certain. From everything I know and have seen, that is just my opinion. I wanted a SEC vs whoever matchup more than anyone just for an argument like this.

136348686_crop_650x440.jpg

National Champions

Can someone make that into a banner? I'd like to put something in my signature.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

136348686_crop_650x440.jpg

National Champions

They struggled against Stanford. Oklahoma State couldn't hang within two scores of either of these teams. The game is boring as crap, probably shouldn't have happened to begin with, but Oklahoma State can't play with either of them.

IUe6Hvh.png

9-0 Bama at half. Since neither of these jerksquads are going to score a damn touchdown tonight, game over.

This is stupid.

Seriously, why the hell is anybody even watching this?

Holy hell am I glad I'm not watching this :censored:.

God, SEC football is terrible.

Pac-12 for lifez.

[/troll]

Of all the days for my remote control to basically conk out on me, it has to be stuck on this game....

*sigh* If Alabama wins, then I have the right to call them the Illigitimate National Champions.

Ha. That joke's funny because it's true.

~~~~

This dude could be the first team kicker for about 60% of Division I schools.

spacer.png

Archived