2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

They struggled against Stanford. Oklahoma State couldn't hang within two scores of either of these teams. The game is boring as crap, probably shouldn't have happened to begin with, but Oklahoma State can't play with either of them.

You don't know that for sure. No two games are alike (unless you're talking about SEC vs. SEC snoozefests, since it's all boring crap) and I'm sure you were one of the ones predicting that Oklahoma would slaughter Boise State.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conversation in this thread with you guys becomes impossible at times...I want to say certain things but I know I will only get labeled as an SEC homer. Why can't you just realize that every game doesn't have to be a touchdown for touchdown shootout to be a good game between great teams?

If you say "SEC football is terrible", you are calling yourself an idiot.

I sometimes have to remind myself I am on a website catered to graphic design and the internet community then wonder how many people I am talking with have ever suited up and played the sport...much less ever been successful on the field at it.

I guess I'm an idiot then. If liking fast football that won't put me to sleep makes me an idiot, I'm ok with that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I guess I'm an idiot then. If liking fast football that won't put me to sleep makes me an idiot, I'm ok with that.

Good to know. Try NASCAR.

Conversation in this thread with you guys becomes impossible at times...I want to say certain things but I know I will only get labeled as an SEC homer. Why can't you just realize that every game doesn't have to be a touchdown for touchdown shootout to be a good game between great teams?

I sometimes have to remind myself I am on a website catered to graphic design and the internet community then wonder how many people I am talking with have ever suited up and played the sport...much less ever been successful on the field at it.

I prefer defensive struggles and actually liked round one between these teams, but this game is awful. I like the SEC, but if you can sit here and defend this :censored: show then "SEC homer" is the only thing that comes to mind.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow, and I thought I was a homer. :rolleyes:

You are... and he does have a point. There's a reason they produce the National Champions every year.

IUe6Hvh.png

I just think that the last meeting between these two teams just left a very sour taste in the collective mouths of fans everywhere. While Alabama is basically dominating LSU in every stat so far (The fact that LSU hasn't even reached mid-field is amazing or just horrifying, depending on the point of view), the score right sure doesn't show that.

And to be fair, SEC football isn't terrible... everyone else is tired hearing how great it is though.

I like fast sports.

Both have a great offense, but both also have the greatest defenses in College Football. Just deal with it, I want a playoff just as much as the rest of you, good chance this will change stuff. Also I just want a National Title. If you don't like the game, don't watch it.

Just claim one for your next workplace accomplishment. All other Alabama fans do it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jesus, no. How in god's name is NASCAR more exciting than football, even when it's this kind of football?

spacer.png

Both have a great offense, but both also have the greatest defenses in College Football. Just deal with it, I want a playoff just as much as the rest of you, good chance this will change stuff. Also I just want a National Title. If you don't like the game, don't watch it.

Just claim one for your next workplace accomplishment. All other Alabama fans do it.

Uh, can I nominate this for a Post of the Day or would it be in bad taste for me to do it?

They struggled against Stanford. Oklahoma State couldn't hang within two scores of either of these teams. The game is boring as crap, probably shouldn't have happened to begin with, but Oklahoma State can't play with either of them.

You don't know that for sure. No two games are alike (unless you're talking about SEC vs. SEC snoozefests, since it's all boring crap) and I'm sure you were one of the ones predicting that Oklahoma would slaughter Boise State.

More on point, all bowl games not labeled "the BCS title game" are glorified exhibitions and should be treated as such from a "who's better than who" perspective. You just can't account for "the players didn't give a rats ass."

OK fine, its terrible aesthetically. And Nick Saban is the chief culprit. This game is like watching a boa constrictor trying to strangle an elephant.

Of course I will also suggest that just because Crackalacky can't beat the SEC's Elite teams doesn't mean nobody else can.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

LSU just giftwrapped another field goad. 15-0 Tide.

WTF? This crap isn't football!

Archived