2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Conversation in this thread with you guys becomes impossible at times...I want to say certain things but I know I will only get labeled as an SEC homer. Why can't you just realize that every game doesn't have to be a touchdown for touchdown shootout to be a good game between great teams?

If you say "SEC football is terrible", you are calling yourself an idiot.

I sometimes have to remind myself I am on a website catered to graphic design and the internet community then wonder how many people I am talking with have ever suited up and played the sport...much less ever been successful on the field at it.

I prefer defensive struggles and actually liked round one between these teams, but this game is awful. I like the SEC, but if you can sit here and defend this :censored: show then "SEC homer" is the only thing that comes to mind.

Exactly.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's OK Alabama #32. Nick Saban won't sign another 5 star and then grayshirt yoOH WAIT

EDIT: Good news LSU! 2 defensive scores still win it!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This game is getting pathetic. Playoff, please!

Odds are, these two would still be playing each other tonight.

Well, at the very least LSU's offense wouldn't have had 5-6 weeks to forget how to play football in a playoff.

EDIT: Jarrett Lee is secretly ineligible. That has to be the only reason Jefferson is still playing, correct?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Alabama FC knocks in the corner. 5-0

Today, we are all otaku.

Conversation in this thread with you guys becomes impossible at times...I want to say certain things but I know I will only get labeled as an SEC homer.

Newsflash: you are an SEC homer. No need to worry about being labeled. That ship sailed quite a while ago. Seriously, what else do you talk about in this thread? Ever? You talk about the conference more than you talk about your own team. It doesn't make you a bad person. So say what's on your mind.

BB52Big.jpg

We ALMOST had a touchdown there, but as the broadcast showed, we almost had a TD in this same game before and they were both broken up by the same guy.

Shelley, the kicker, has to be the offensive/game MVP right? They can't honestly give it to any of the skill players. If they gave it to McCarron, they'd have to be factoring in his holds on the field goal unit.

LSU has to score one let alone two touchdowns and a 2-pointer in one quarter to win? Congrats Alabama on your SEC West Co-Championship.

Does Okie State still have an outside shot at the AP title if this slopfest holds up?

I think the Pokes could muster a touchdown if they had played in this game.

I'd like to think so. Probably won't happen, but I'd like to think they have a shot.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Dear SEC,

Have fun with your "national championship" that everyone outside of PAWWWWWWLLLLLLL Finebaum's radio footprint considers fake and illegitimate. Your football sucks.

Signed,

The rest of the nation

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Does Okie State still have an outside shot at the AP title if this slopfest holds up?

I think the Pokes could muster a touchdown if they had played in this game.

I'd like to think so. Probably won't happen, but I'd like to think they have a shot.

If LSU can score a TD or get the game closer, I still think they win the AP National Title. They may even get it if this score holds up. The people in college football like to make such a big deal about how the regular season and conference championship games matter. Well here's a good test for it.

When was the last time a team won the National Championships without winning their conference championship? Does anybody know?

1991 Miami (technically-the Big East didn't keep standings that year). Otherwise 1989 Miami.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived