2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

So far, I have yet to see a compelling difference from the last game that required a rematch to settle. Oklahoma State got hosed.

A month ago, you said you weren't going to watch the game.

What made you change your mind?

I was scoreboard-watching, honestly. At the time of posting, it was still an all-field goal game.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.... that was literally the worst football game I've ever witnessed. At least the first matchup was close. The way LSU's offense and defense (yes, LSU's defense did not play well tonight) were playing tonight, I'm pretty sure Houston and Keenum could've put 50 on them. And that's only partially hyperbole. Dammit why couldn't you play this bad when Oregon played you!?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm glad I don't live in SEC territory. Up here is nice and I can just enjoy the Tide winning a National Title with out the SEC extremists like Updike and Finebaum, and the idiots call Paul Finebaum. And I really only have to hear the bitching about ESS EEE SEE FOOTBALL!11!!!! From guys here. It's nice!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

FWIW, I wish they'd have won the first game and we'd have found a way to have an Okie State vs. Bama game. That would have been interesting.

It would not have been. Such a matchup would have been similar to the Alabama/Arkansas game this season..

It would have been Nick Saban with six weeks to prepare for Mike Gundy? That's less than fare with how poor the Ok State run defense was all season (180 yards per game). Alabama would have still played to keep that offense off the field.

I don't like the BCS, but given that it exists, this rematch was not a travesty. OK State beat more tough opponents, but psssst; beat Iowa State.

Psst, win your conference. Yes, that means you, Bama.

College football is different. It's based on the body of work. Not having to play in your own conference's championship game is not analagous to letting the Jets into this year's super bowl despite missing the playoffs. (beside, you don't have to win your 4-team NFL division anyway).

College football is weird...after the season, Bama had lost once; to the #1 team. Okie State may have been the better team, but in a world with no margin for error, you don't want to lose to Iowa State.

In college football (much like college hoops) I don't think not winning your conference needs to be an eliminator...they were still viewed as the #2 team in the country. Turns out, they were probably the best.

FWIW, I wish they'd have won the first game and we'd have found a way to have an Okie State vs. Bama game. That would have been interesting.

You know, a road OT loss to Iowa State this season isn't like a loss to Indiana for :censored: s sake. Iowa State was a decent squad. Would we hold it against LSU if they had lost to say Florida this season on the road in overtime? Because this season Iowa State and Florida would probably be on par with each other.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No matter the AP poll was going to be big.

For years the people in college football have tried to sidestep the question of how important bowl games really are in comparison to the regular season and conference championship games. I don't know how many times I've heard our regular season is our playoffs. Well this is definitive proof that when push comes to shove, the regular season is not a playoff system. It is not on par with what goes on in January. The fact that LSU won their conference title and beat Alabama earlier in the year didn't mean anything. Anyone who bought a ticket to the SEC championship game or watched it on TV essentially wasted their time and or money because it was a pointless game. It wouldn't be an issue if the college football higher ups hadn't banging this drum for the past decade about the importance of the regular season to answer people who say they're should be a playoff system but the fact that they did makes it an issue.

We'll see if they address the issue in the coming weeks or do what they usually do which is to just change their argument to try and justify what has long been a broken system.

Oh, and I'm listening to Finebaum right now. Oh. My. God. What have I done?

"BUT PAWWWWWWWLLLL EVERYONE KNOWS THIRD PLACE IN THE ESS EEE SEE IS MORE MEANINGFUL THAN WINNING THE BIG 12, IT'S JUST SIMPLE MATH PAWWWWWWWL! RAWL DAMN TODD."

I was actually contemplating calling in as either a Notre Dame or Ivy League homer to brag about National Titles from God knows when and say how that's more than Alabama has. Maybe tomorrow... :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

It would not have been. Such a matchup would have been similar to the Alabama/Arkansas game this season..

It would have been Nick Saban with six weeks to prepare for Mike Gundy? That's less than fare with how poor the Ok State run defense was all season (180 yards per game). Alabama would have still played to keep that offense off the field.

Okie State's ability to force turnovers would have worked against the pedestrian McCarron.

If it was against LSU- pickfest on Jefferson.

Oklahoma State will be to 2011 what Miami was to 2000- the team that should have had a shot it never got.

Okie State's ability to force turnovers would have worked against the pedestrian McCarron.

Oklahoma State will be to 2011 what Miami was to 2000- the team that should have had a shot it never got.

In 2000, Miami to a Washington team who finished in the AP as #4. Where was Iowa State?

"BUT PAWWWWWWWLLLL EVERYONE KNOWS THIRD PLACE IN THE ESS EEE SEE IS MORE MEANINGFUL THAN WINNING THE BIG 12, IT'S JUST SIMPLE MATH PAWWWWWWWL! RAWL DAMN TODD."

I was actually contemplating calling in as either a Notre Dame or Ivy League homer to brag about National Titles from God knows when and say how that's more than Alabama has. Maybe tomorrow... :P

"BUT PAWWWWWLLLL, PRINCETON CHEATED! THERE'S NO WAY THOSE HIPPIE LIBRULS WITH THEIR READIN' BOOKS COULD EVER BE GOOD AT FOOTBALL WITHOUT PAYIN' PLAYERS, THE AUBURN WAY! I'MMA HANG UP AND LISS'UN, PAWWWWWWWL."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

In 2000, Miami to a Washington team who finished in the AP as #4. Where was Iowa State?

As a reminder, Oklahoma State defeated Oklahoma, Kansas State, Baylor, Texas, et al.

6fQjS3M.png

"BUT PAWWWWWLLLL, PRINCETON CHEATED! THERE'S NO WAY THOSE YANKEE HIPPIE LIBRULS WITH THEIR READIN' BOOKS COULD EVER BE GOOD AT FOOTBALL WITHOUT PAYIN' PLAYERS, THE AUBURN WAY! I'MMA HANG UP AND LISS'UN, PAWWWWWWWL."

FTFW for the sake of PAWWWWLLL authenticity, but regardless I laughed hysterically at that :lol:

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived