2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...And the lot of Oregon nation collectively said:

mamapaynedamn.gif

I see your Mama Payne, and raise you Florida Evans!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm not defending Kelly. I really hope that they sit Seastrunk and possibly James, because I don't want us playing with ineligible players. Definitely not Ohio State or USC level, but I definitely see a loss in scholarships and possibly more. If Kelly really did cover this up, I don't want him as head coach.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

well...my sig is kind of embarrassing right now.

Caleb King ruled academically ineligible.

I was gonna tell you, but i though it would be better to learn your self :)

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So I talked with my uncle Jim who works for NCAA and he said that the reason Chip Kelly can't comment is because it's an on going investigation. They won't allow him to comment. THERE IS STILL HOPE!

Ohio State is going to get hit hard. I can guarantee you this isn't the last we hear of this story. Wouldn't surprise me if they get similar sanctions as USC.

tOSU should get worse punishments than USC. There was an eight-year pattern of repeated violations and lies at tOSU, as opposed to just one player at USC. tOSU should lose a ton of scholarships, 4 year bowl ban, and and maybe a 2 year TV ban, IMO. Harsh, but the NCAA should make an example out of tOSU.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Personally, the whole 'vacating your wins' thing is a total bunch of grade A horse puckey.

Most of us here watched Ohio State have a great season last year and they finally won a bowl game, against an SEC team no less! Now they want to tell everyone that 'It never happened. You didn't see anything...'

Bull.

Oh, and Lights Out: Nice idea, but you and I and everyone else here knows the NCAA isn't going to drop the hammer on Ohio State. If is it a hammer though, it would be one of those soft and squishy hammers that squeaks when it hits you. You know why? Because the NCAA is full of nothing more then spineless cowards that are more willing to follow a dollar trail then a trail of lies and deceit.

I said "should," not "will." The NCAA is the classic schoolyard bully - they love using the death penalty on D-III soccer programs, but when a blue-blood program screws up royally, they're too scared of lost revenue to give a real punishment.

That only happened once, and the athletic department in question wasn't even aware it had a soccer program for awhile...and that they were trotting out very ineligible players.

The other D-III death penalty involved giving athletic scholarships to foreign ringers players. D-III schools aren't allowed to give out athletic scholarships.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wait a second... A D-III school got the death penalty from the NCAA? When was that??

Only school I (and everyone else) know who got it was SMU's football program during it's 'Pony Excess' days (BTW, if you can find it on DVD, go and watch Pony Excess. It's a great documentary).

Wait a second... A D-III school got the death penalty from the NCAA? When was that??

Only school I (and everyone else) know who got it was SMU's football program during it's 'Pony Excess' days (BTW, if you can find it on DVD, go and watch Pony Excess. It's a great documentary).

There are 4 other instances:

1952-53 Kentucky basketball: Not a formal implementation of the modern death penalty, but a combination of point shaving and Kentucky players actually getting paid to play prompted the NCAA to set its phasers to "smite"-earning Kentucky a postseason ban and eventual season cancellation when the NCAA pressured the rest of its membership to not play them in Non-Conference play (the SEC already barred them from Conference play.)

1973-75 Louisiana-Lafayette basketball: Massive academic fraud, including ignoring GPAs that were below the NCAA's rather generous minimum and an assistant coach forging a principal's signature on a transcript.

2003 Morehouse College soccer: Explained above. The team does not exist anymore as a consequence. (oopsie, they were D-II, though)

2005-2007 MacMurray College tennis: The "ringers" incident. A postseason ban in 2008 and 2009 was also included.

In addition, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Boise State's women's tennis program got hit with the death penalty for their little scandal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived