2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Juron Criner will be good to go for training camp, according to Coach Stoops. B)

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...I think my avatar has become a Madden cover...

everytime I put a UGA tailback in my avatar something happens.

Washaun Ealey--dismissed

Caleb King--ineligible for senior season

Carlton Thomas--suspended 1-2 games for violating team rules

shoot.....

If I put a picture of Marcus Lattimore in my avatar and cross my fingers, nobody can judge me.

My friends Facebook status earlier was: "Just saw Mark Richt at Starbucks earlier. I tried to start a conversation with him, but he was too busy posting a 'vacant tailback' ad on Craigslist"

I wouldn't be complaining if I had to settle for Isaiah Crowell taking the starting job.

Yeah, and Ken Malcome seemed to have an edge over the other guys as well, but Crowell and Malcome have a lot of learning to do by September 3rd.

Somehow, some of the major publications think a non-BCS conference school belongs in the top 10 and could actually challenge for a national title, despite the fact that they don't play any teams that will be in the top 25 to start the year. Has someone forgotten that you need to win your BCS conference to have any realistic shot to appear in the BCS title game? No voters would give a team that didn't win their BCS conference a vote to get into the title game.

Besides that, they're in a rebuilding year and are going to get trounced by Air Force, Navy, and Wake Forest.

LvZYtbZ.png

Couldn't you have waited until August with that crap will?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That "non-BCS conference school" you're ranting about wouldn't happen to wear navy blue and gold, would it?

The school in question has green jerseys, actually. And no, they're not one of the 66 schools in a BCS conference.

LvZYtbZ.png

That "non-BCS conference school" you're ranting about wouldn't happen to wear navy blue and gold, would it?

The school in question has green jerseys, actually.

They may be improved, but I'm pretty sure North Texas is not ranked in the top 10.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So Texas A&M and Oklahoma might be slightly unhappy with some of Texas' plans for the Longhorn Network.

I do eagerly await the explanation as to why implicitly promising top recruits that they will play nationally on Bevo TV if they commit to Texas is NOT a recruiting violation.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So Texas A&M and Oklahoma might be slightly unhappy with some of Texas' plans for the Longhorn Network.

I do eagerly await the explanation as to why implicitly promising top recruits that they will play nationally on Bevo TV if they commit to Texas is NOT a recruiting violation.

That's why the plans for the HS games are on hold while the NCAA takes a look at them. I guarantee there will be extremely strict limits on it if the NCAA lets it go ahead at all.

That's why the plans for the HS games are on hold while the NCAA takes a look at them. I guarantee there will be extremely strict limits on it if the NCAA lets it go ahead at all.

This is not a new issue, yet Aggie and Sooner are now publicly complaining about this. Back in January, the initial combined press release talked about a prep component. When the network was initially conceived with the possibility of airing prep games, some writers questioned the process.

High School Coverage

ESPN will also create and operate a new, authenticated online/broadband site that will aspire to broadly aggregate content from around the state. It will provide fans, students and parents with access to extensive Texas high school sports, including football, basketball and more, through this centralized home.

Also, the Pac-12 may have their own network announcement as early as tomorrow.

High School Coverage

ESPN will also create and operate a new, authenticated online/broadband site that will aspire to broadly aggregate content from around the state. It will provide fans, students and parents with access to extensive Texas high school sports, including football, basketball and more, through this centralized home.

I don't know about your house, but in my house the TV and the internet are still separate. And they made it sound like the prep games would be on the TV.

Today, we are all otaku.

High School Coverage

I don't know about your house, but in my house the TV and the internet are still separate. And they made it sound like the prep games would be on the TV.

I have DirecTV and wi-fi which is free and thus not combined. UT wanted to have a network and have programming, like prep games back in November 2010. It seems they want to be between the BTN, which does not air infomercials, and The Mtn. which is not shot in HD and has hours of infomercials each week, but closer to BTN. Heck, BYUtv is not in HD, but has better programming than The Mtn.

So...I think my avatar has become a Madden cover...

everytime I put a UGA tailback in my avatar something happens.

Washaun Ealey--dismissed

Caleb King--ineligible for senior season

Carlton Thomas--suspended 1-2 games for violating team rules

shoot.....

If I put a picture of Marcus Lattimore in my avatar and cross my fingers, nobody can judge me.

My friends Facebook status earlier was: "Just saw Mark Richt at Starbucks earlier. I tried to start a conversation with him, but he was too busy posting a 'vacant tailback' ad on Craigslist"

Don't get crazy on me.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand, but: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6806206/alabama-disassociates-store-owner-three-years

Outkickthecoverage.com is what broke the story to my knowledge, a blog that has 31 articles in which over half are bashing Alabama. Sounds like someone trying to dig up dirt on the school or has an axe to grind. This is also the credible journalist who felt the need to ask Tim Tebow if he was a virgin at the 2009 SEC Media Day...what makes him such a force to listen to now?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand, but: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6806206/alabama-disassociates-store-owner-three-years

Outkickthecoverage.com is what broke the story to my knowledge, a blog that has 31 articles in which over half are bashing Alabama. Sounds like someone trying to dig up dirt on the school or has an axe to grind. This is also the credible journalist who felt the need to ask Tim Tebow if he was a virgin at the 2009 SEC Media Day...what makes him such a force to listen to now?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

5243aa99544510e.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

5243aa99544510e.jpg

Please, Trent paid for his own meal ;)

I hope that this proves to be nothing but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised. It seems like dirt is coming out on all the big schools right now and I'm just hoping that the report on espn is true and this proves to be nothing more. Plus Bama can't afford to have Trent suspended right now, the runningback depth has already taken a hit this offseason, we don't need to have the starter and the team's best player gone.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived