2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I knew UNLV was bad, not this bad though.

As bad as the UNLV defence looks, their offence looks sort of competent. The Wisconsin defence will need to improve before Oregon State, let alone Nebraska.

UNLV is bad, but I am sure who is worse? UNLV or Memphis? Both have channels to 3* and some 4* players (LA, SD, Central Cali for UNLV; TN/AK/MO/IL for Memphis), play in major cities thus can have access to some talent but they are awful. There is too much talent in both states for them to play this poorly.

Wisconsin lived up to my expectations tonight. I predicted 56-17 and it ended up being 51-17, thats one of the best guess I ever made. Russell Wilson was great, 10/13 255 passing yards. Thats my last post tonight <_<

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

How do you miss an extra point?

Simple, that's not the easiest angle ever for a kick. Kickers would much rather back it up about 5 more yards to make it easier but that'll never happen unless they take a penalty.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

How do you miss an extra point?

Simple, that's not the easiest angle ever for a kick. Kickers would much rather back it up about 5 more yards to make it easier but that'll never happen unless they take a penalty.

Funny, if that's the case, why don't teams just choose to spot the ball from the 7 or 8 yard line? They do, in fact, have the option.

LvZYtbZ.png

Here's my analysis on Syracuse-Wake Forest:

HOLY :censored: THAT JUST HAPPENED

OK, Syracuse was looking terrible in the first half and Wake got out ahead to a fairly sizeable lead. I believe start of the fourth quarter Bailey fumbles the football, all looks lost as Wake has a 29-14 lead. Then the Orange somehow someway manage to comeback, score two touchdowns, get a 2-pt conversion, then intercepting a pass. They miss a FG, but the game goes to OT. In the OT, Syracuse scores a touchdown on their possession and then forces Wake to go 4 and out. Syracuse wins 36-29.

Granted, this should've been a win from the get go, but that has to be, by far, the craziest college football game I've ever been to, and that's including the Pinstripe Bowl. Welcome back to College Football season indeed

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Funny, if that's the case, why don't teams just choose to spot the ball from the 7 or 8 yard line? They do, in fact, have the option.

Really? Source. Seems like such an out there rule that not many know about it.

In a heartwarming story Eric Legrand worked for Rutgers Radio yesterday supplying pre game and halftime time analysis.

Oh, it is quite the heartwarming story. Good thing he was there because Rutgers basically curb stomped North Carolina Central.

Is it me or did this first day seem a little... boring? There were no upsets and other then the Wake Forest-Syracuse game, not many of the games were close.

Did anyone else watch the Louisville game? I would be very worried if I were a cardinals fan. Ditto for Kentucky.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I missed the second half. The defense did their job. I thought Murray State would have scored 14ish the whole game. The offense, despite what some basketball-first UofL fans that think they're now football analysts thought, was pretty bad but had flashes. There were some flashes but there were also a ton of penalties and mis-cues. I'm actually nervous headed into the FIU game.

I missed the second half. The defense did their job. I thought Murray State would have scored 14ish the whole game. The offense, despite what some basketball-first UofL fans that think they're now football analysts thought, was pretty bad but had flashes. There were some flashes but there were also a ton of penalties and mis-cues. I'm actually nervous headed into the FIU game.

FIU looked really good. I think FIU could win by more than 10 points. This team is for real, and I'll be the first to jump on their bandwagon.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Too late. I've been on it for a while. I've got some friends that go there and I've always followed the smaller schools in Florida and Kentucky and cheered for them.

You heard it here first folks: 10 years from now, FIU is going to be a top 10 team every year. They're the next Boise State, only they have the location, along with the convenient fall of the U,to become a perennial power. They have BCS in their future (maybe not this year, but soon).

You heard it here first folks: 10 years from now, FIU is going to be a top 10 team every year. They're the next Boise State, only they have the location, along with the convenient fall of the U,to become a perennial power. They have BCS in their future (maybe not this year, but soon).

What is this, I don't even...

6fQjS3M.png

I'm serious. This is the next Boise State.

I'm serious. This is the next Boise State.

That's what everybody's said with FCS teams that have moved up recently. I mean, Western Kentucky's definitely like the new Boise State... :rolleyes:

6fQjS3M.png

Confused.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

FIU has been an FBS program for only 5 years, IIRC. In that time, they've only played in (and won) one bowl game. Boise won two in their first five years. From 2006-2007, FIU went on a 23-game losing streak, including a winless season in 2006. Boise State has never gone winless in the FBS, and furthermore, their record improved every year from 1996-2000 (their first five years). Boise State won two conference championships by the end of their first five years. FIU has only ever won a share of the Sun Belt Conference, and that was once (last year).

The rate of growth that Boise State has gone through since moving up to the FBS in '96 not only is far quicker than FIU's rate of growth and amount of success, but also is unlikely to be duplicated anytime soon. All the stars had to align and luck had to go BSU's way to be able to do what they've done - it's a once-in-a-lifetime feat, IMO.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived