2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Robert Griffin is the Warren Norman of quarterbacks - a beast who's unfairly overlooked because his school is mediocre.

You mean the Warren Norman that had 400 yards and 4 tds on a 2-10 team?

Nah, I mean the Warren Norman who broke Herschel Walker's SEC freshman all-purpose yardage record in '09 with 1,941 all-purpose yards, who tied the SEC single-season kickoff return TD's record in '09 with three, who was the 2009 SEC Freshman Player of the Year, who had almost twice as many all-purpose yards as any other player on his team last year, and who led his team in rushing and kickoff-return yardage last year... and last year, he played after having knee surgery in the offseason.

Oh... That Warren Norman!

Still don't think it's a viable comparison.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game has gone completely stupid.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like Baylor also stored more than the regulation number of shells in their turrets.

#EggshellsArmedWithHammers

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's what everybody's said with FCS teams that have moved up recently. I mean, Western Kentucky's definitely like the new Boise State... :rolleyes:

That's really an ignorant statement. Are they going to be the next Boise State? Probably not, but Willie Taggert is doing a great job turning them around and recruiting really well.

Meh, it's all the other (former) Gateway Conference members had to hear about when they made the jump up the FBS.

As far as the MVFC goes, I was really impressed with how my Penguins from Youngstown State played. Controlled the ball well, lead in TOP. I think YSU can beat out Spammy's boys in the FCS discussion! :P

6fQjS3M.png

Today, we are all otaku.

Dear Baylor fans. You are a BCS school, beating a non-BCS school. You are NOT supposed to storm the field. Act like you've been there before!

But honestly, they haven't.

We're talking about BAYLOR here. :blink:

Dear Baylor fans. You are a BCS school, beating a non-BCS school. You are NOT supposed to storm the field. Act like you've been there before!

You mean the five-time conference champion Baylor Bears?

You're still supposed to act like you've been there before. I can't think of a legitimate reason to storm the field, ever.

LvZYtbZ.png

You mean the five-time conference champion Baylor Bears?

You're still supposed to act like you've been there before. I can't think of a legitimate reason to storm the field, ever.

Last year was their first yr making a bowl game in 16 years, they went 7-6 last year, TCU is a huge in state rival in which they (don't quote me) haven't beaten them in a long f-ing time, they're on a national tv, it's a ranked opponent regardless of BCS/Non AQ.

They deserve to storm the field.

Go back to your tower and let the THESE Baylor fans who havent been able to enjoy a big win in awhile and didn't get to enjoy baylor's 5 conference wins back in the heyday, let them be happy for their team.

spacer.png

*Conveniently ignoring willmorris's willmorrising*

That was an awesome game.

College football is already in full swing, and it's not even Saturday yet. Fantastic.

Also, cool stat from the end of the game. TCU vs Baylor all-time is now 50-50-7. Now THAT is a good rivalry.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I can't believe I used to hate college football. I don't see how anybody couldnt love it. Baylor did have a legitimate reason to storm the field though. Baylor a top 25 team? maybe ask me again next week.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived