2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Notre Dame is now 0-2. I feel justified when I said the Irish had no business being ranked in the preseason.

Notre Dame Hype strikes again. They do have some talent on that team, but not enough to be ranked.

Unless it's "Same Old Spartans", the Fumbling Irish should be 0-3 next week. :D

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look now, but a lot of gamblers are probably upset that USC's players rushed the field after that blocked kick against Utah. USC was an 8 point favorite.

ETA: Three minutes after I post this, the Pac-12 actually stepped in and gave USC the touchdown the officials waved off. Spread covered after all!

LvZYtbZ.png

Really frustrating end to the USC-Utah game. It looked like the Utes would all but tie it up, and then...

But I have to say, the Utes hung in there. I was nervous about the game beforehand, especially with how sloppy some parts of the Montana State game were. But, they kept fighting and nearly took it into OT. I can't say I'm dissapointed in them. Would've liked to see how OT would have shaken out, but oh well.

Now they've got BYU next weekend. Time to prepare for the many trash-talk wall posts that will plaster my facebook wall, and get my red on!! :P Anyways, I'm hoping it's a good game. Utah needs a bit of a boost, I think. They've got a few tough games ahead, and defeating BYU beforehand would be huge for them.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Don't look now, but a lot of gamblers are probably upset that USC's players rushed the field after that blocked kick against Utah. USC was an 8 point favorite.

ETA: Three minutes after I post this, the Pac-12 actually stepped in and gave USC the touchdown the officials waved off. Spread covered after all!

Wooo! NCAA sponsored point shaving!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I used to like Notre Dame, but watching them lose makes me kind of happy. They are bad, real bad, and their legend may be faded beyond repair.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wooo! NCAA sponsored point shaving!

ToddFuhrman Todd Fuhrman

@

@notthefakeSVP We do not recognize suspended games, protests, or overturned decisions, etc. for wagering purposes. Graded the game 17-14.

Everyone works differently but majority of books are cashing Utah tickets.

I'm going to jump on the Darron Thomas Heisman campaign. He's gonna put up big numbers against some pretty mediocre defenses until they face Stanford.

I'm gonna have to jump that bandwaggon aswell. Good teams, bad teams, whatever, 6 touchdown passes for a quarterback that's also a deadly runner is nothing to look over.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

i went 70-8 for the first week of the season

in the 8 games i got wrong, the average difference was a little over 7 points

i went 53-12 for the second week of the season

in the 12 games i got wrong, the average difference was a little over 8 points

seasone record 123-20 (good for 86%)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

I'm going to jump on the Darron Thomas Heisman campaign. He's gonna put up big numbers against some pretty mediocre defenses until they face Stanford.

I'm gonna have to jump that bandwaggon aswell. Good teams, bad teams, whatever, 6 touchdown passes for a quarterback that's also a deadly runner is nothing to look over.

I don't like to commit to anyone too early, but Thomas is definetely a guy to look for. I think we're looking at another quarterback year, what with the likes of Luck, Landry Jones, Moore, Thomas, and perhaps Weeden or Denard Robinson in the mix.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This is a few years old, but still makes me smile.

You could almost replace Notre Dame with Georgia to an extent. Bu yes, this video is hilarious.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

ND was ranked because they have so much talent. Notre Dame dominated the game against South Florida, and dominated the game against Michigan. What is it, 5? red zone turnovers in these two games?

The Irish should've won by at least 14 or so against both USF and Michigan. This team's inability to finish is just frustrating as all hell.

6fQjS3M.png

Talent means nothing if execution is lacking.

Notre Dame is not a mentally tough team. Brian Kelly showed he gets rattled when things are not going his way, and that rubs off on the team. Notre Dame lost two games in which they were favored to win, and now have almost no shot of reaching a BCS bowl. But hey, at least they'll get a bid to the NobodyCares.com Bowl where they can gloat about beating Northern Illinois or whoever.

As long as ND has games televised on NBC, their "legend" is still there. Never mind the fact that the last time they won a National Championship was before any of the players on their current roster were even alive.

Talent means nothing if execution is lacking.

Notre Dame is not a mentally tough team. Brian Kelly showed he gets rattled when things are not going his way, and that rubs off on the team. Notre Dame lost two games in which they were favored to win, and now have almost no shot of reaching a BCS bowl. But hey, at least they'll get a bid to the NobodyCares.com Bowl where they can gloat about beating Northern Illinois or whoever.

As long as ND has games televised on NBC, their "legend" is still there. Never mind the fact that the last time they won a National Championship was before any of the players on their current roster were even alive.

UNI could beat Notre Dame.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

^ I wouldn't go that far, to say UNI would beat ND.

Anyways AP Top 10

1. Oklahoma

2. Alabama

3. LSU

4. Boise State

5. Florida State

6. Stanford

7. Wisconsin

8. Oklahoma State

9. Texas A&M

10. Nebraska

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm interested to see how good Nebraska is going to be this season. I still have Wisconsin Pasadena bound again, but I'll be keeping an eye on the Huskers. They're a team that I could see potentially making a run of thier own.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived