2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not like there weren't other possibilities. "Midwest" and "Heartland". "Hayes" and "Schembeckler"(sp?). CBS Sports had a bunch of possibilities they presented as suggestions when the B1G briefly abandoned the "Legends" and "Leaders" debacle - then decided to continue using it even with the almost universal disapproval.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think LSU is almost certainly going to lose at least 2 SEC games this year.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's not like there weren't other possibilities. "Midwest" and "Heartland". "Hayes" and "Schembeckler"(sp?). CBS Sports had a bunch of possibilities they presented as suggestions when the B1G briefly abandoned the "Legends" and "Leaders" debacle - then decided to continue using it even with the almost universal disapproval.

I kinda like "Cornfield" and "Rust Belt."

BB52Big.jpg

If they can't score, then yes. They should have blown Mississippi State out and on paper they did, even if the scoreboard doesn't say so. However, if their defense plays the way it has, I can only see Alabama giving them trouble.

Exactly. They did not, and have not, looked like the number 2 team in the country. Jarret Lee has done a phenomenal job, but they have to step up their offense. I laughed when the commentators were saying how LSU wore down Oregon. LSU kicked Oregon's butt because we kept on giving them possessions inside their own 40 because we kept fumbling. It looks like we finally found out how to hold onto the ball, but at the moment, neither team is a top 10 team. Oregon needs to lay a whooping on Arizona. Then maybe I'll believe that they've figured it out. But yes, LSU's defense has been saving them. But how long can they survive on defense alone?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If they can't score, then yes. They should have blown Mississippi State out and on paper they did, even if the scoreboard doesn't say so. However, if their defense plays the way it has, I can only see Alabama giving them trouble.

Exactly. They did not, and have not, looked like the number 2 team in the country. Jarret Lee has done a phenomenal job, but they have to step up their offense. I laughed when the commentators were saying how LSU wore down Oregon. LSU kicked Oregon's butt because we kept on giving them possessions inside their own 40 because we kept fumbling. It looks like we finally found out how to hold onto the ball, but at the moment, neither team is a top 10 team. Oregon needs to lay a whooping on Arizona. Then maybe I'll believe that they've figured it out. But yes, LSU's defense has been saving them. But how long can they survive on defense alone?

You're crazy about LSU. They are basically the Baltimore Ravens of the FBS. They just need a game manager since at the line of scrimmage, LSU is going to be bigger, deeper, faster than most every team they will face the rest of the season, even in the SEC west.

Last night, MS State has five "3 & outs", a one play drive (INT), and a two play drive (INT). LSU did not have any "3 & outs". They had a 16 play drive which resulted in a FG. A 16 play drive was something which was unthinkable with former OC Gary Crouton, just ask Chicago Bears fans.

Also, the Dabo Sweeney death watch starts on Saturday through October 1.

You're crazy about LSU. They are basically the Baltimore Ravens of the FBS. They just need a game manager since at the line of scrimmage, LSU is going to be bigger, deeper, faster than most every team they will face the rest of the season, even in the SEC west.

Last night, MS State has five "3 & outs", a one play drive (INT), and a two play drive (INT). LSU did not have any "3 & outs". They had a 16 play drive which resulted in a FG. A 16 play drive was something which was unthinkable with former OC Gary Crouton, just ask Chicago Bears fans.

Also, the Dabo Sweeney death watch starts on Saturday through October 1.

The Ravens have a good offense and better clock management. LSU's offense is going to have to play much better than they did in the first three games in order to beat teams like Alabama, and South Carolina.

Mike Leach should be the next coach at Clemson. Simple as that.

^^^ Teams play during the season to improve, so they should be able to do that. In addition, I hope you realize that their OC has been on the job for six weeks since Steve Kragthorpe had to step back due to Parkinson's.

Remember, Mike Leach is still suing Texas Tech for non-payment of his final year's salary. No school will hire him until that case is settled. Simple as THAT.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think LSU is almost certainly going to lose at least 2 SEC games this year.

Yes, because "Les Miles." I'm calling a loss to Arkansas and a WTF?! loss to Ole Miss.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Agreed, and I'm a State fan. If LSU's offense was at the same level as their defense, that would've been unspeakably ugly. Although I'm very disappointed that State couldn't get going at all, they were just going up against a juggernaut on the other side of the ball. If LSU gets past Bama, they're gonna keep the crystal ball in the south, even if The Hat gets extra Hattish.

Important weekend for the ACC, as far as getting national respect goes. One has to think that the league needs to go at least 3-2, with FSU beating Oklahoma almost a necessity for the conference to stay in the National Championship discussion.

The games the ACC schools need to show up for:

Auburn at Clemson

West Virginia at Maryland

Kansas at Georgia Tech

Oklahoma at Florida State

Ohio State at Miami

BSU's defense has been uncharacteristically bad tonight, but they've still got the lead.

Toledo's fans have been throwing yellow souvenir footballs on the field since the second quarter. That's small-school football for you! B)

OK, I'm used to being embarrassed by Cleveland fans. I'm used to everyone hating the arrogance (among other things, I'm sure there's more) of Ohio State fans. Never in my life did I think I'd be cringing over the actions of Toledo fans. C'mon Rockets fans, you're all I have left here. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Yes, because "Les Miles." I'm calling a loss to Arkansas and a WTF?! loss to Ole Miss.

They will not lose back to back games, can't see that happening. This season will be much like 2007. I'm unsure of the game against WVU next week because frankly, I don't know how WVU plays. So I'm predicting a loss next week and one later in the season either at Alabama or at Ole Miss.

Archived