2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn's luck had to run out sometime. I mean, after two very close calls (Hell, you could make the case that Auburn could be staring down the barrel of an 0-3 start had they not got those lucky bounces), you know that someone was going to end that streak. Didn't think it would be Clemson though... They had issues with Wofford last week.

A few other things to add on here...

-If I'm a Pitt fan, I'd be freaking livid right now. They were up 24-3 on Iowa in the 3rd before a catch (which was originally called incomplete but got overturned) sparked the Hawkeyes' comeback. Maybe the Panthers were more worried about the fact that everyone now knows they had got the paperwork done to see if they can join the ACC.

-Kansas just plain out loud stinks. Proof? Georgia Tech went 'Rout 66' on them today.

-Is it me or does Maryland look weird (OK, less weird) in the whole 'Blackout' getup they had today?

Randomly, I'm watching Notre Dame/MSU and during a set of Spartan highlights the background music was Gangrel/The Brood's theme music, dating back to WWF Full Metal: The Album from 1996.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hate when you can't watch your team play. Oregon isn't even on ESPN3.

Actually, the Missouri State-Oregon game will be on ESPN3 today. I just wonder why they are playing Missouri State.

What, is the WAC afraid to send out another sacraficial lamb after what Oregon did to Nevada last week?

Is Portland State or Eastern Washington not availible right now?

Actually it's not on ESPN3

Missouri St. was a late replacement after we became the PAC 12 and had to replace the Utah game

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Missouri St. was a late replacement after we became the PAC 12 and had to replace the Utah game

Really? Why couldn't they do what Cal and Colorado did and keep the game, but call it a non-conference game?

Really? Why couldn't they do what Cal and Colorado did and keep the game, but call it a non-conference game?

Because Oregon, being a second-rate program, would rather play a fourth-rate program than a second-rate program like Utah or god forbid one of the twelve first-rate programs in the country.

LvZYtbZ.png

Because Oregon, being a second-rate program, would rather play a fourth-rate program than a second-rate program like Utah or god forbid one of the twelve first-rate programs in the country.

Shoo! Shoo! Go away SEC Fanboy. Go away.

Have you noticed who won the last five national championships? All other conferences are inferior. Besides, don't forget that the NCAA allows the SEC to do things that other conferences can't (see the Cam Newton situation).

LvZYtbZ.png

Have you noticed who won the last five national championships? All other conferences are inferior. Besides, don't forget that the NCAA allows the SEC to do things that other conferences can't (see the Cam Newton situation).

Don't make me roll up that newspaper and hit you on the nose with it.

Now go. Go outside and stay there. Can someone put a leash on him so he can stay outside where he belongs?

Don't make me roll up that newspaper and hit you on the nose with it.

Now go. Go outside and stay there. Can someone put a leash on him so he can stay outside where he belongs?

Just because we disagree on things doesn't make opinions any less valid.

LvZYtbZ.png

It was up to the schools...Cal/Colo decided to play...and i believe Utah backed out

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Just because we disagree on things doesn't make opinions any less valid.

See, this whole thing isn't about your opinion not being any more or less valid. This is all about you being your annoying ass SEC fanboy self. I know that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when you start on your constant SEC fanboyism.

It was up to the schools...Cal/Colo decided to play...and i believe Utah backed out

OK. That makes sense. Thanks for answering that, man.

-Is it me or does Maryland look weird (OK, less weird) in the whole 'Blackout' getup they had today?

If by "weird" you mean another butt-ugly uniform, then yeah, they looked weird.

On topic: Looks like MSU - Notre Dame is raising more questions than it's answering.

BB52Big.jpg

The first Auburn game I catch this year and they loose. Figures.

Oh well. Given how they played the first two weeks this was inevitable.

Jinx

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Georgia Tech had 604 rushing yards on 50 carries. :shocked:

/Set phasers to eviscerate.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived