2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, OSU's defense sucks. They can't stop the run at all.

For the other OSU (in Oregon), they're down 6-0 at halftime to BYE.

As for Oregon, I was really disappointed with their 1st quarter defense, but they really hunkered down after that. DT looks like he's ready to break out, and this game might be the game LaMichael needed to get back to his old self. After he got injured against Cal, he just hasn't been the same. It's like he lacks confidence or something. Of course, with the Quack Mamba (DeT) on the loose, it might not matter. Overall, good game for the Ducks. Really looking forward to next week.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That terrible kick-catch interferance call killed UW

Except it was a good call. The terrible kick that set up the penalty killed UW.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow, OSU's defense sucks. They can't stop the run at all.

For the other OSU (in Oregon), they're down 6-0 at halftime to BYE.

As for Oregon, I was really disappointed with their 1st quarter defense, but they really hunkered down after that. DT looks like he's ready to break out, and this game might be the game LaMichael needed to get back to his old self. After he got injured against Cal, he just hasn't been the same. It's like he lacks confidence or something. Of course, with the Quack Mamba (DeT) on the loose, it might not matter. Overall, good game for the Ducks. Really looking forward to next week.

Definitely can't wait for next week. We should've beat you guys 2 years ago at home, so hopefully we can get you back. Stanford-Zona is on soon. Last year they mauled us in Palo Alto, but we did beat them in a shootout in 09' at home, so hopefully Tucson can be friendly to us again. Our defense will be the key, especially after it looked terrible at OK St last week. On top of that, Luck is the QB! Whatever the case, I have a feeling it will be close.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Kenny Shaw of the Noles' got sandwiched between two Sooners, hopefully he'll be okay!

Yeah, he took helmet to helmet hits on both sides of his head. This could be bad.

In other news, FIU just beat UCF, who beat BC 30-3 last week. Still not too late to jump aboard.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Kenny Shaw of the Noles' got sandwiched between two Sooners, hopefully he'll be okay!

Yeah, he took helmet to helmet hits on both sides of his head. This could be bad.

In other news, FIU just beat UCF, who beat BC 30-3 last week. Still not too late to jump aboard.

Duke beat BC for goodness sakes

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Duke beat BC for goodness sakes

20-19. I think we can definitively say that FIU is better than both Duke and BC, which is a helluva lot more than you could say last year. Boise has their bus, and I'm creating the FIU Ferry.

A 17-10 win for FIU over UCF.

That's not impressive. BTW, I suggest you pump the brakes a little there, Mr. FIU Ferryman. Just because the Golden Panthers are 3-0 right now means diddily squat to the rest of the nation. Hell, I bet you that in the Sunday paper, the Hurricanes and the Dolphins will get more coverage then FIU.

FIU remaining schedule.

vs

Louisiana-Lafayette

6:00 PM ET

Sat, Oct 1

vs

Duke

6:00 PM ET

Sat, Oct 8

@

Akron

2:00 PM ET

Tue, Oct 18

@

Arkansas State

8:00 PM ET

Tue, Oct 25

vs

Troy

8:00 PM ET

Sat, Nov 5

@

Western Kentucky

4:00 PM ET

Sat, Nov 12

vs

Florida Atlantic

TBD

Sat, Nov 19

@

Louisiana-Monroe

TBD

Sat, Nov 26

@

Middle Tennessee

ULM is the only one of those games that could be even remotely competitive. And UCF is a good team. They were predicted to win C-USA this year. This year could be a spring board for them to leap into the national stage. And if FSU, Miami, and Florida remain average, more an more recruits, who may not get quite as much playing time at the bigger schools, will instead go to FIU. This is why Boise and Oregon became successful. FIU could be the next school to break out.

Hell, I bet you that in the Sunday paper, the Hurricanes and the Dolphins will get more coverage then FIU.

I decided to test your theory. My brother lives in Key West. I just sent him a text asking what he thought about FIU's season so far. He said "what is an FIU?"

BB52Big.jpg

Hell, I bet you that in the Sunday paper, the Hurricanes and the Dolphins will get more coverage then FIU.

I decided to test your theory. My brother lives in Key West. I just sent him a text asking what he thought about FIU's season so far. He said "what is an FIU?"

Don't worry, eventually he will. Just tell me, what game on their schedule could they possibly lose?

Archived