2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Hell, I bet you that in the Sunday paper, the Hurricanes and the Dolphins will get more coverage then FIU.

I decided to test your theory. My brother lives in Key West. I just sent him a text asking what he thought about FIU's season so far. He said "what is an FIU?"

Don't worry, eventually he will. Just tell me, what game on their schedule could they possibly lose?

It's possible that they could lose all of them.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spleen, it doesnt matter if they dont lose, they play in the :censored:ing sun belt

And Boise played in the WAC. What's your point? Undefeated is undefeated. Don't underestimate the small schools.

And no, they couldn't lose them all. If you knew anything about the Sun Belt, you would know that.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

And if FSU, Miami, and Florida remain average, more an more recruits, who may not get quite as much playing time at the bigger schools, will instead go to FIU. This is why Boise and Oregon became successful.

That's not at all how Boise became successful. Boise has gone after low-star recruits that big schools didn't even want, let alone wouldn't give playing time to, and coached them up into NFL players. They've also done a lot of scouting internationally (which is usually restricted to the realm of college hoops) and have found some solid players in the Netherlands, Japan, and now England, where they've gotten a commit from who they describe as "the best DE prospect we've seen in at least 10 years".

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

who they describe as "the best DE prospect we've seen in at least 10 years".

I thought Jadevon Clowney went to South Carolina

LOL... personally, I think Boise ratcheted up the hype machine way too far on that quote, but hey, if Elliot Hoyte stunningly turns out to be better than Clowney, I won't be complaining! B)

In all seriousness, all I'm really hoping from Hoyte is that he picks up where Shea McClellin leaves off. Everything else is just gravy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And if FSU, Miami, and Florida remain average, more an more recruits, who may not get quite as much playing time at the bigger schools, will instead go to FIU. This is why Boise and Oregon became successful.

That's not at all how Boise became successful. Boise has gone after low-star recruits that big schools didn't even want, let alone wouldn't give playing time to, and coached them up into NFL players. They've also done a lot of scouting internationally (which is usually restricted to the realm of college hoops) and have found some solid players in the Netherlands, Japan, and now England, where they've gotten a commit from who they describe as "the best DE prospect we've seen in at least 10 years".

That is exactly what I'm saying.

So Spleen, you're saying a kid who wouldn't play for an average Miami or FSU team would turn FIU into a contender?

Yes. The amount of stars next to the prospects name means nothing. There've been some 1 star recruits who went on to become great players. Then there are 5 star players who end up being complete busts. And if I'm a kid, who had a choice of what Sun-Belt, or C-USA school to go to, playing in Miami and probably starting immediately would factor into my decision.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Name the top true freshman from last season, then say how many stars they were

And spleen, your banking on a team full of low recruits turning into a title contender. Just quit talking about FIU. If they somehow turn into contenders in a few years (which they wont) come back and rub it in our faces about how you told us so. Until then, stfu about FIU

I slept through the entire Illini game and...they won!?!? Illini gonna be in the top 25, what a win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And spleen, your banking on a team full of low recruits turning into a title contender. Just quit talking about FIU. If they somehow turn into contenders in a few years (which they wont) come back and rub it in our faces about how you told us so. Until then, stfu about FIU

I'm holding you to that.

About the FSU game, wow. Both teams look great, and is it just me, or is Tricket playing twice as good as EJ played?

I'm holding you to that.

About the FSU game, wow. Both teams look great, and is it just me, or is Tricket playing twice as good as EJ played?

You beat me to it! Tricket is looking really impressive right now. The kid can really throw! FSU is really making things interesting right now. It's looking like the offense is starting to cook at the right time, while the defense is starting to really step up. This is turning into a fantastic game.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Speeny, you may have forgotten that South Florida has carved out quite a little niche in Florida as well, one of the more under-appreciated programs in the land.

EDIT: What the heck is Utah wearing? Looks awesome from the little highlight I saw.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Speeny, you may have forgotten that South Florida has carved out quite a little niche in Florida as well, one of the more under-appreciated programs in the land.

YOU FORGOT THE L YOU SON OF AN ENGLISH MUFFIN!!! That aside, both programs could rise simultaneously.

And HOLY S&^T THAT WAS THE MOST UNLIKELY TOUCHDOWN I'VE EVER SEEN! 3rd and 28, and they get a touchdown?! Manuel might have just lost his starting job. FSU looks like it's back.

Archived