2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was that Will said about ranked SEC teams not losing to unranked SEC games?

Will said it, therefore, it's untrue.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Illinois might actually be a good team?? Especially if the defense keeps playing like that. Could (big could) be 6-0 going into Ohio State who is very beatable this year.

The defense definitely impressed me tonight. I thought this was going to be a high scoring game, but it turned out to be just the opposite. It was great to be at though, by far the best in the two years I've been here. This was the first time we've beat a ranked team since 2007 I think too. I just hope there isn't a let down in the next couple weeks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Kenny Shaw of the Noles' got sandwiched between two Sooners, hopefully he'll be okay!

Yeah, he took helmet to helmet hits on both sides of his head. This could be bad.

In other news, FIU just beat UCF, who beat BC 30-3 last week. Still not too late to jump aboard.

Duke beat BC for goodness sakes

20-19. I think we can definitively say that FIU is better than both Duke and BC, which is a helluva lot more than you could say last year. Boise has their bus, and I'm creating the FIU Ferry.

Kellen Winslow Jr. just crashed a jetski into it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hell, I bet you that in the Sunday paper, the Hurricanes and the Dolphins will get more coverage then FIU.

I decided to test your theory. My brother lives in Key West. I just sent him a text asking what he thought about FIU's season so far. He said "what is an FIU?"

:lol:

That actually got a laugh out of me infrared. Congrats on testing (and assuring) that my theory is correct.

Some other things to think about from this week...

-I know nobody cares about Sun Belt schools (or current non-football members that are going to join it's football league soon), but South Alabama lost for the first time last night at North Carolina State. Before this game, USA was 19-0 (This includes a 2-0 start this season) beating up on NAIA, Division II and even beating some FCS schools. It'll get them ready for FBS play down the road.

-As a Washington fan, the postive thing coming from the game yesterday against Nebraska is that they scored 38 on them. Nebraska has given up only 26 points before that game, so to show that the defense does have weak points is a good thing. But those mistakes in special teams were very costly. Still, 2-1 is a good start and a bowl game is definitely in reach.

Before the Arizona -Stanford game, I was worried about going into the desert this saturday. Now? Thomas might put up 300-400 yards on them. This could be the game Thomas jumps back into the heisman race. Sorry, but UA looks like a very one dimensional team. A very beatable one at that. Of course, Oregon tends to struggle down in Tucson... Should be interesting.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Darron Thomas was ever in the Heisman race? Regardless, with Andrew Luck, Kellen Moore, and Landry Jones all in the running, Thomas has zero chance at the Heisman.

Landry Jones isn't even in the top 50 in terms of passing efficiency. Kellen Moore plays for Boise, and they'll probably lose a game they shouldn't, and he'll be out. And I think Oregon will beat Luck (if they can figure out their D line). Thomas is going to put up some big numbers. You watch.

Darron Thomas was ever in the Heisman race? Regardless, with Andrew Luck, Kellen Moore, and Landry Jones all in the running, Thomas has zero chance at the Heisman.

Landry Jones isn't even in the top 50 in terms of passing efficiency. Kellen Moore plays for Boise, and they'll probably lose a game they shouldn't, and he'll be out. And I think Oregon will beat Luck (if they can figure out their D line). Thomas is going to put up some big numbers. You watch.

But he's not going to be playing on a team that's playing for the BCS championship, and therefore his campaign is dead in the water.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But he's not going to be playing on a team that's playing for the BCS championship, and therefore his campaign is dead in the water.

Tim Tebow would like to have a word with you.

The Heisman is all about hype, and Luck has more of it than all the other candidates combined. Thomas on the other hand, has none

Let's all not forgot that Andrew Luck got picked off TWICE by Cliff Harris last year.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

The Heisman is all about hype, and Luck has more of it than all the other candidates combined. Thomas on the other hand, has none

Let's all not forgot that Andrew Luck got picked off TWICE by Cliff Harris last year.

And let's not forget despite that, and despite losing to Oregon (just like Spleen's prediction for this season), Luck still finished 2nd because Cam Newton went all Cam Newton on everybody.

Unless somebody has a Cam Newton-like emergence, I'd say Luck is the front-runner.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Or that Oregon got smacked around by LSU.

Today, we are all otaku.

But only positive perfromances by Oregon players that happened last year count for this year. None of this current season crap.

1zqy8ok.gif

No, Kenjon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas' ball handling skills smacked Oregon. He's how I see it:

Oregon: 27, LSU: 19, Kenjon Barner and DeAnthony Thomas: -21

Sadly, Spleen is far from the only Oregon fan whining that LSU's win doesn't count because the Ducks made a lot of mistakes. With few exceptions, Duck fans are TOTAL sore losers. Take it from someone whose team whooped them two years in a row.

No, we lost. LSU was the better team. Our D-line is very inexperienced, and they took advantage of it. I don't think they would've whipped us had we not fumbled the ball so much.

Archived