2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

No, we lost. LSU was the better team. Our D-line is very inexperienced, and they took advantage of it. I don't think they would've whipped us had we not fumbled the ball so much.

This post is completely edited. It originally said LSU wasn't two TDs better. Dont act dumb spleen (or maybe its not acting)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, we lost. LSU was the better team. Our D-line is very inexperienced, and they took advantage of it. I don't think they would've whipped us had we not fumbled the ball so much.

This post is completely edited. It originally said LSU wasn't two TDs better. Dont act dumb spleen (or maybe its not acting)

Spleen, you're kind of jumping around. You're saying that LSU was the better team and then you're saying Oregon beat themselves. The D-Line was weak, but it was the fumbles that killed you. So what exactly was it? The fact is LSU is better than Oregon. You can blame whatever reason you want, but at the end of the game it was LSU on top of Oregon. A good football team will exploit the other team's weaknesses and take advantage of them. The only thing LSU did wrong was let Oregon score 27 points.

Now now, play nice...

The fact that Texas is ranked is a travesty. The fact that Ohio State is still receiving poll votes is a bigger tragedy.

That's not fair. We're going to be the best 6-6 team in the Big Ten this season. That should be good for a spot in the top 25. B)

Seriously though, I'm an Ohio State fan and I can't believe they were ranked at all after that Toledo game. I've said all along that a 7-5 season would be about all they could hope for. After the Toledo game, it was pretty obvious that the Buckeyes aren't going to be very good this season. Just goes to show how much the rankings are based on reputation at the beginning of the year. Ranking teams before week five is just silly.

BB52Big.jpg

Spleen, you're kind of jumping around. You're saying that LSU was the better team and then you're saying Oregon beat themselves. The D-Line was weak, but it was the fumbles that killed you. So what exactly was it? The fact is LSU is better than Oregon. You can blame whatever reason you want, but at the end of the game it was LSU on top of Oregon. A good football team will exploit the other team's weaknesses and take advantage of them. The only thing LSU did wrong was let Oregon score 27 points.

Yeah, i knew this would be kinda of hard to understand. I think Oregon could've, and should've, won that game, but LSU is better than Oregon. Oregon had all of the momentum. LSU's passing attack had done nothing, and for some reason, they decided to not run the ball up the middle a bunch, which worked. Then, Barner fumbled the punt, which took away most of the momentum Oregon had, and allowed LSU to gain confidence that they could score. From then on out, Oregon seemed rattled, especially after they kept fumbling inside their own 40. LSU scored alot of touchdowns because they didn't have to go far to get them. When Oregon's offense actually went on to the field, they were effective. However, they weren't able to get on the field much, because of turnovers, and LSU taking advantage of them by taking time consuming scoring drives. Had Kenjon Barner not made that fumble, I fully believe Oregon would've blown them out. Oregon's offense was getting into a groove, and they would've probably scored on that drive. This would've forced LSU to pass, which they aren't the best at. HOWEVER. LSU's running game was working in the begging, and if they had stuck to that consistently, they would've worn down that young d-line much earlier, and, if Oregon's offense kept their normal pace, would've probably won a field goal. Basically, both teams didn't play their best that night, but Oregon played much more bellow their potential then LSU.

Does that make any sense at all?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregon would be maybe the fourth best team in the SEC. Until Oregon finds a way to be both bigger and faster, teams like LSU, Florida and Alabama, are going to run circles around the Ducks. It's just the way it is. LSU's defense was every bit as fast, if not faster, than Oregon's "skill" players. Plays that would have gone for big gains against teams like Oregon State or Cal were three yard gains against LSU. That's why Oregon lost to LSU. It's simple really, LSU is a better than Oregon. It was obvious to anyone who was watching the game.

BB52Big.jpg

Does that make any sense at all?

Not at all.

I could sit here and use the same argument that if LSU had a better passing attack, they would have completely blown out Oregon. But, that wasn't the case. LSU kept Oregon's weapons locked-down and overcame the question of if Jarrett Lee was a liability proved to be false. He didn't throw any interceptions. LSU overplayed them on two phases of the ball and proved they were the better team when they were the underdog going into the game. I understand it's hard to accept the fact they're not as good when you've blown out Nevada and Missouri State since, but you guys were outplayed, plain and simple.

"Then, Barner fumbled the punt,"

"Had Kenjon Barner not made that fumble"

Go back and watch the tape. It's not as if Kenjon Barner just butterfingered the ball and handed it over to LSU. There were a few more factors involved:

- The punt was a deep, high, long beaut of a kick (props to LSU punter), which had Barner backpedaling.

- Cover team got down to Barner quickly; and he had nowhere to go (props to LSU special team speed and smarts)

- Once Barner started running, Tyrann Mathieu goes to tackle him and STRIPS THE BALL from Barner (props to Mathieu's tenacity, technique and skill)

- Mathieu then beats Barner (and everyone else) to the loose ball, snatches it in stride, and jaunts into the end zone (props to Mathieu's field awareness and speed).

It is what it is.

Did you guys not read the first line of my post? Here, I bolded it for you.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

But if Barner wasn't watching himself on the video board, he wouldn't have fumbled. :rolleyes:

Or if he had been smart at all, and just called a fair catch, instead of trying to emulate Cliff Harris.

I believe LSU is better than Oregon this year. But if LaMike and Thomas return, we could dominate next year. We're really young, and I think we have the talent to be set for a long time.

Oregon would be maybe the fourth best team in the SEC. Until Oregon finds a way to be both bigger and faster, teams like LSU, Florida and Alabama, are going to run circles around the Ducks. It's just the way it is.

You're probably right, but how come nobody seems to be able to talk about any non-SEC college football team without speculating on where they'd place in the SEC? There are other conferences besides the SEC, you know.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's simple really, LSU is a better than Oregon. It was obvious to anyone who was watching the game.

Except Oregon fans ;)

Oregon would be maybe the fourth best team in the SEC. Until Oregon finds a way to be both bigger and faster, teams like LSU, Florida and Alabama, are going to run circles around the Ducks. It's just the way it is.

You're probably right, but how come nobody seems to be able to talk about any non-SEC college football team without speculating on where they'd place in the SEC? There are other conferences besides the SEC, you know.

Probably because, in this instance, Oregon was playing a SEC team. So the SEC comparison is relevant.

Also, it's fun to point it out to Oregon fans. Given that Oregon hypes themselves up as yet-to-be-crowned champions, yet they haven't beaten a team from the conference that's produced every National Champion since 2007.

Lets instead speculate where they'd finish in the WAC or Mtn West

Archived