2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

8-4 is a subpar record with the recruits Georgia consistently gets. How is it that every other school that finishes in the top-10 of the various recruiting rankings is able to get 10+ wins and conference/national championships but Georgia can't? The coaching staff has become stale and predictable. They aren't getting the most out of their players like other schools do.

Notre Dame?

It's not like I have unrealistic expectations for Georgia's football team.

I merely ask that Georgia's coaching staff take advantage of the resources they have and make Georgia football exciting again.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8-4 is a subpar record with the recruits Georgia consistently gets. How is it that every other school that finishes in the top-10 of the various recruiting rankings is able to get 10+ wins and conference/national championships but Georgia can't? The coaching staff has become stale and predictable. They aren't getting the most out of their players like other schools do.

Notre Dame?

I merely ask that Georgia's coaching staff take advantage of the resources they have and make Georgia football exciting again.

A la Notre Dame.

I'm not a Georgia fan, so I can't honestly say I know how it must feel to be disappointed year after year, but at the same time, Notre Dame has pretty much its own network for its games (NBC), not to mention the moniker "the university of football in America", as well as lukewarm strength of schedule year after year - and they still somehow manage to finish with mediocre at best records.

8-4 is respectable when going against ranked competition year after year. Respectable; not good, not great, but decent.

8-4 when playing all three service academies as well as contractually obligated soft-lobs from the Big East and rivals such as Boston College and Purdue is nothing short of a travesty.

Notre Dame?

I agree with you. I enjoy watching Georgia football and would like to see them reach their potential. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, I don't think it's with Richt at the helm. He plays the nice guy and that doesn't work in a conference with Saban and Spurrier.

Of course you remember this:

Anyone can say what they want about it, but I thought it was pure awesome. I never could stand Meyer and how sly he tried to be and thought Richt did an excellent job at going up against him and the move worked. That type of attitude, while not exactly rushing the field after a touchdown, is what Richt needs to show more of in games instead of the good christian.

I thought Georgia was going to come out in 2008 and be the top team in the SEC and the country, I believe that year was their biggest under achievement.

This is a few years old, but still makes me smile.

You could almost replace Notre Dame with Georgia to an extent.

Just sayin'

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This is a few years old, but still makes me smile.

You could almost replace Notre Dame with Georgia to an extent.

Just sayin'

Living 16 years of my life in the Chicagoland area, I can assure you Notre Dame fans are much worse than Georgia fans. Notre Dame fans think their team is God's gift to college football and while the same can be said for fans of the SEC, atleast SEC fans can go off something within the last 10 years.

I don't know every Notre Dame fan, but the ones I've dealt with, they all have the same South Side rockhead mentality. If you live(d), been to Chicago, or dealt with Chicago sports fans, you know what I'm talking about. I'll admit I suffer from it too, but for some reason it seems like Notre Dame fans have it the worse. It might be the fact that they're not even from Chicago and people there have claim them as their own. Not really sure how that came to be, it might have to do with them being the "Fighting Irish" and a vast majority of those rockheads call themselves the "Chi-rish."

Whatever it may be, from my dealings with Georgia fans, I have no seen the same level of ignorance or douchebaggery. Georgia just needs an angry coach and they'll be fine.

I got 79.7% of the college games right this week.

Games I got wrong:

Duke @ Boston College (20-19)

Ohio St. @ Miami, FL (6-24)

Iowa St. @ UCONN (24-20)

Louisville @ Kentucky (24-17)

Pittsburgh @ Iowa (27-31)

Northwestern @ Army (14-21)

Marshall @ Ohio (7-44)

Tulane @ UAB (49-10)

Central Florida @ Florida International (10-17)

Wyoming @ Bowling Green (28-27)

Hawaii @ UNLV (20-40)

Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt (7-30)

Indiana St. @ Western Kentucky (44-16)

Of the games I missed the average difference was a little more than 15 points.

Season Record (174-33)

Week 1 - (70-8)

Week 2 - (53-12)

Week 3 - (51-13)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Whatever it may be, from my dealings with Georgia fans, I have no seen the same level of ignorance or douchebaggery. Georgia just needs an angry coach and they'll be fine.

MarkMangino.jpg

:blink:

He took Kansas to an Orange Bowl. Turner Gill lost to North Dakota State.

/Just sayin'

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Notre Dame greatly outplayed South Florida and Michigan, just didn't execute to get the points on the board.

/Just sayin'.

In that case all the players should get gold stars for effort. Then Brian Kelly can take them to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and cola after the games, because in his book, they were all winners.

A la Notre Dame.

I'm not a Georgia fan, so I can't honestly say I know how it must feel to be disappointed year after year, but at the same time, Notre Dame has pretty much its own network for its games (NBC), not to mention the moniker "the university of football in America", as well as lukewarm strength of schedule year after year - and they still somehow manage to finish with mediocre at best records.

8-4 is respectable when going against ranked competition year after year. Respectable; not good, not great, but decent.

8-4 when playing all three service academies as well as contractually obligated soft-lobs from the Big East and rivals such as Boston College and Purdue is nothing short of a travesty.

8-4 is not good enough. Not with the talent Georgia gets year after year. Perennial top-10 recruiting rankings (taken with a grain of salt, sure) do not aspire for year-in, year-out 8-4 (or worse) seasons.

Jim Donnan got fired because he consistently went 8-4. Richt should get fired because he can't even get to 8-4 lately without having Coastal Carolina and New Mexico State on the schedule, and 8-4 seems a bit of a stretch at this point.

It's also not so much straight wins/losses, but how the games are being played. In-game adjustments aren't there. Creative playcalling isn't there. Defense hasn't improved. Losing way too many games at home. Georgia is no longer a feared opponent.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Notre Dame greatly outplayed South Florida and Michigan, just didn't execute to get the points on the board.

/Just sayin'.

In that case all the players should get gold stars for effort. Then Brian Kelly can take them to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and cola after the games, because in his book, they were all winners.

That's not what I'm saying at all, actually. This has nothing to do with "effort" at all. It has to do with Notre Dame being one of the 15 teams with the most talent in college football. After all, they just handled the 15th ranked team in the nation pretty easily...

6fQjS3M.png

/Just sayin'.

That's not what I'm saying at all, actually. This has nothing to do with "effort" at all. It has to do with Notre Dame being one of the 15 teams with the most talent in college football. After all, they just handled the 15th ranked team in the nation pretty easily...

Don't forget, turnovers killed Notre Dame their first two games. They definitely have the talent to 9-3 for the season or they could lose at home on Saturday.

/Just sayin'.

Don't forget, turnovers killed Notre Dame their first two games. They definitely have the talent to 9-3 for the season or they could lose at home on Saturday.

I had them going 8-4

now 7-5 and based on the first 3 game results

but i could see them still winning 9 games

the talent is there

the coaching is there

need to fix the turnovers and bring their A game in big games

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Wow, NC St looks horrible. Zach Callaros has just been tearing them up. Look out WVU, you might have a competitor.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

/Just sayin'.

I think the first half of that game says different. While the current starter wasn't leading the team, Crist looked horrible and South Florida should have taken even more advantage in that game.

In no way can I say that ND "outplayed" South Florida, as I thought it was the Bulls game from the get go and wondered why they weren't capitalizing earlier.

Michigan game, you have a point...but Michigan isn't any good. They have an overrated QB who shines against the early schedule and then suffers. I'll wait to see how Robinson does from this point (I personally think he is one of the most overrated players in Div 1).

I also think ND loses this weekend unless their rushing game takes over. Nothing, at this point, has said they really beat a "#15 team" in Michigan State.

No one denies the talent they recruit, but that doesn't equate to W's.

Archived