2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Wow, NC St looks horrible. Zach Callaros has just been tearing them up. Look out WVU, you might have a competitor.

9711500.jpg

Ummmm, what?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be former NC State (and current Wisconsin) star quarterback Russell Wilson.

Oh. U funny,

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Rece "Why does ESPN put me with two pairs of bumbling idiots twice a week" Davis (seriously, that guy deserves a lot better than the following duo plus Mark May and Lou Holtz), Jesse Palmer and Craig James

Better yet, nice of Jenn Brown to call Butch Jones, "B!tch" Jones tonight.

Rece "Why does ESPN put me with two pairs of bumbling idiots twice a week" Davis (seriously, that guy deserves a lot better than the following duo plus Mark May and Lou Holtz), Jesse Palmer and Craig James

Better yet, nice of Jenn Brown to call Butch Jones, "B!tch" Jones tonight.

Dammit, I literally switched the channels right before that interview! Thanks for the great find.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Notre Dame greatly outplayed South Florida and Michigan, just didn't execute to get the points on the board.

/Just sayin'.

I think the first half of that game says different. While the current starter wasn't leading the team, Crist looked horrible and South Florida should have taken even more advantage in that game.

In no way can I say that ND "outplayed" South Florida, as I thought it was the Bulls game from the get go and wondered why they weren't capitalizing earlier.

Michigan game, you have a point...but Michigan isn't any good. They have an overrated QB who shines against the early schedule and then suffers. I'll wait to see how Robinson does from this point (I personally think he is one of the most overrated players in Div 1).

I also think ND loses this weekend unless their rushing game takes over. Nothing, at this point, has said they really beat a "#15 team" in Michigan State.

No one denies the talent they recruit, but that doesn't equate to W's.

The total yardage in that game was a landslide. ND had 508 yards of offence. USF had 254. How often does a team double the total yardage of their opponent and lose? That's the sign that ND dominated the game. I mean, just taking out that goal line fumble and replacing it with an Irish touchdown and ND wins comfortably 27-16.

6fQjS3M.png

BYU's offense looks atrocious. Their defense is saving them right now. Where was this against Utah last week?

You know what? Screw it, I'm giving my predictions on the important games this week.

Colorado @ Ohio State: I know Colorado hasn't won outside the state in their last 19 tries, but this is a different team this year. They showed a lot of promise against Cal, and while they didn't absolutely blow out CSU, they got the job done. Ohio State, on the other hand, has been very hard to beat at home, but they've looked very unimpressive in this year. Especially since their QB is making their first start, it makes me think that his Ohio State team just doesn't have the game experience, with all their starter suspended and all, and Tyler Hanson has shown some immense promise. I'm calling upset.

Colorado 23 Ohio State 20

USC @ ASU: I think this is the game ASU bounces back. They are a heck of a lot more talented then they showed last week at Illinois. I give them the home field advantage.

ASU 34 USC 26

Ok St @ Texas A&M: This is the toughest game to predict. Both have looked great, but I think A&M jus hasn't been tested as much as Ok St has been, and that will be the difference.

Ok St 41 Texas A&M 37

FSU @ Clemson: Yes, FSU lost a heartbreaker to OU, but keep in mind, that this is the same Clemson team that almost lost to Wofford and Troy. I'm not buying Clemson.

FSU 28 Clemson 14

Notre Dame @ Pittsburg: Make no mistake. They may be overrated, but Notre Dame is good. Pittsburg has struggled against two FCS schools, and a very down Iowa team. I smell an angry Irish team, out to prove their preseason ranking was no error.

Notre Dame 38 Pittsburg 17

SDSU @ Michigan: SDSU is good. Michigan's head coach was their coach last year. He knows this team inside and out. No upset in the big house, but SDSU's offense keeps it close.

MIchigan 40 SDSU 33

LSU @ West Virginia: LSU's defense is for real. West Virginia has gotten of to slow starts, except for the last game, where they finished horribly. If WVU can play solid ball for 4 strait quarters, this could be interesting. If they can't...

LSU 24 WVU 10

UNC @ GT: UNC has played pretty average football against pretty average opponents. GT has played great football against pretty bad opponents. Tevin Washington has the best QB rating in the nation (of course, he's only thrown it 28 times, but still). The wreck get it done.

GT 38 UNC 31

Arkansas @ Alabama: It looks like AJ McCarron has turned the corner, and Arkansas looked less than steller against Troy. I know these are two SEC teams, but i call blowout.

Alabama 32 Arkansas 13

Oregon @ Arizona: On paper, this should be a blowout. Oregon has talent abroad, and Arizona mostly relies on Nick Foles to do everything. But Oregon away from home, is not the same team as Oregon at home. I still think it'll be a blowout, but Nick Foles and co. won't go down without a fight. Look for this to be Darron Thomas's statement game.

Oregon 44 Arizona 21

Well, that's what i got. What do you think?

You know what? Screw it, I'm giving my predictions on the important games this week.

Notre Dame @ Pittsburg: Make no mistake. They may be overrated, but Notre Dame is good. Pittsburg has struggled against two FCS schools, and a very down Iowa team. I smell an angry Irish team, out to prove their preseason ranking was no error.

Notre Dame 38 Pittsburg 17

Well, that's what i got. What do you think?

Learn how to spell Pittsburgh.They play in PA, not CA.

Wow, Maryland is getting crushed! I have a feeling we're not going to see the black helmets against for a long time.

Ok, go to this link, and look at SMU's player stats

http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mfootbl.html?event=982725&school=cbs&sport=mfootbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Now look at the rushing yards. Now look at the averages in front of the players. Notice anything odd?

More specifically, look at the rushing stats for Kelly Turner of SMU. Apparently, he is god.

Archived