2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

They realize Randy Edsall is a bad coach.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Maryland is getting crushed! I have a feeling we're not going to see the black helmets against for a long time.

What happens when they get crushed in the turtle shells?

The Maryland state flag uniforms start getting used full time.

Awesome!

Temple definitely looks like the team to beat in the MAC. Too bad they couldn't hold on against PSU, they might be looking at a national ranking if so. 38-7 over an ACC team is pretty damn impressive.

Really pulling for Colorado today! I know they are struggling this year, but watching OSU lose two weeks in a row would be the greatest!

And Arkansas' defense just had a pretty impressive goal line stand with Alabama pretty much 1st and goal from the 1. Held them to 3 points.

In a kinda related comment: I really hate when people talk about Red Zone Percentage, and they count Field Goals the same as Touchdowns. Right now if you're in the red zone 10 times and score 7 touchdowns and 3 field goals your red zone percentage is 100%. In my opinion only touchdowns should count as a successful red zone trip. In the previous example, you'd be 70%.

1zqy8ok.gif

And Arkansas' defense just had a pretty impressive goal line stand with Alabama pretty much 1st and goal from the 1. Held them to 3 points.

In a kinda related comment: I really hate when people talk about Red Zone Percentage, and they count Field Goals the same as Touchdowns. Right now if you're in the red zone 10 times and score 7 touchdowns and 3 field goals your red zone percentage is 100%. In my opinion only touchdowns should count as a successful red zone trip. In the previous example, you'd be 70%.

Agreed. I think anything less than a touchdown when you're in the red zone is a failure. Especially if you have 3 tries from the one and can't get the ball into the end zone. Settling on a field goal is NOT the same as 6.

See, to me, 7 touchdowns and 3 field goals on 10 red zone trips is 85% efficiency.

LvZYtbZ.png

As a half-assed Maryland fan, I'll say this:

That show by the Terps was flat out embarrassing. What made it worse was those atrocious-looking uniforms. The Terps didn't play like a team that had enough respect to put their hearts into the game. Randy Edsall was supposed to be the man to lead this "Maryland Pride" movement in Maryland football, but so far all I've seen has been flash. Not even impressive flash, but Randy Edsall flash.

If the Terps can't play better against Temple, I don't see how they can win more than 5 games this season. They play Towson at home (which I can't even say honestly will be a cakewalk), then the gauntlet of games at Georgia Tech, vs. Clemson, and at Florida State. They'd be lucky to win even one of those.

Nobody cares about "tricked out" uniforms if the team wearing them can't score anything but a "gimme" TD against the third-best team in the MAC.

Archived