2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else asking themselves if Garcia is drunk again? 4 ints today, and he's just looked lost all game. Has Vandy improved that much or is South Carolina not the no. 12 team in the nation?

In honor of the great Redd Foxx, 'spleen', :You big dummy!"

I gave a drunken Garcia comment in post #1501, apparently to go over your head after I also mentioned Ingram and Clowney.

Also, you should have seen that the line for UF@UK was amazingly low (UK -19.5).

North Dakota State beat Minnesota.

For NDSU, being an FCS team, it can't get much better. Even a national championship wouldn't be as good because this is against Minnesota, and there's long been a history of Minnesota in general thumbing its nose at North Dakota. Life is sweet for the Bison.

For Minnesota, it can't get much worse. Things are supposed to get better under new coach Jerry Kill, and it hasn't. They're still the same sucky Gophers. In fairness, though, Kill said when he was hired that it will take time for the Gophers to bounce back, and he's right.

This also goes to show that a good FCS team will often beat a bad FBS team. Although that's nothing new.

But it sure is sweet to be a Bison fan.

For NDSU, being an FCS team, it can't get much better. Even a national championship wouldn't be as good because this is against Minnesota, and there's long been a history of Minnesota in general thumbing its nose at North Dakota. Life is sweet for the Bison.

For Minnesota, it can't get much worse. Things are supposed to get better under new coach Jerry Kill, and it hasn't. They're still the same sucky Gophers. In fairness, though, Kill said when he was hired that it will take time for the Gophers to bounce back, and he's right.

This also goes to show that a good FCS team will often beat a bad FBS team. Although that's nothing new.

It hurts to be a Gophers fan, losing game after game to FCS and mid-major conference teams. Well, at least I have the Vikings Twins Timberwolves. Go Brewers!

How many Dakota teams has Minnesota lost to in the last decade now?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don'k know, but this is the second Big Ten team North Dakota State has beaten in recent memory (Wisconsin in 2006).

LvZYtbZ.png

So ASU looks pretty good against USC so far. Go Sun Devils. That is all.

But Utah is awesome and will dominate Arizona State.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don'k know, but this is the second Big Ten team North Dakota State has beaten in recent memory (Wisconsin in 2006).

For clarification, the 2006 win over Wisconsin was in basketball. Alando Tucker was something like 2 for 20. And when you look at Bo Ryan's home record...it was quite a win for the Bison.

Also, this is North Dakota State's third win over Minnesota since 2007.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So ASU looks pretty good against USC so far. Go Sun Devils. That is all.

But Utah is awesome and will dominate Arizona State.

Yes they will. I'm just enjoying the time left before Utah puts ASU, and by extension, the entire PAC-12 in their respective places.

BB52Big.jpg

I really hope Oregon fans don't look at this game and think "Dude, we killed them!" No, Arizona killed themselves. This should have been maybe a 10 point victory. But the horrid first half killed Arizona. I was honestly laughing at how pathetic Arizona and Mike Stoops were at times. Our offense is great, and it's good to see LaHeisman back in his place, but our defense needs to improve. Still, I'll take a 25 point win any day of the week, GO DUCKS!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm very happy with the outcome of the LSU-WVU game. I was worried going into it that the swamp cats would let the last three games give them false confidence and get upset. It looked like WVU was getting into a rhythm there in the third, they really started to pick the D apart with short passes, but it really didn't keep up. The touchdown return definitely took away all the momentum WVU had going for them. I'm still not ready to say this team's the "best" in the country, I haven't seen any weakness from Oklahoma yet, but I think they made their case tonight that this team is for real.

Does Mike Stoops ever stop screaming? He looks like an idiot. That is all.

Idiot. Just like his brother Bob.

LOL really? I know you're a Horns fan but that's just being insane. Bob Stoops isn't at all close to the same catagory of "Screaming, Loud, Pop a Blood Vessel" Coach such as Mike Stoops, Bo Pelini, and Brian Kelly.

spacer.png

AWESOME win in Tempe tonight, ASU 43 - USC 22.

ASU's first win vs USC since 1999. First win vs USC in Tempe since 1997.

Another fun fact: ASU's first game in the Pac-10 was a win over USC. ASU's first game in the Pac-12 is a win over USC.

3-1. 1-0. GIVE 'EM HELL DEVILS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Pretty disappointing game from Illinois, but they got the win to move to 4-0 for the first time since 1951. This game was way too long and closer than it should have been, but we got another close win. One thing that I like seeing is that we're actually winning close games. It seemed like last year that none of the games we one were really close. This could be a really good season if they win the games they're supposed to. There's a pretty good chance that Ohio State will be coming in a a couple weeks to play a 6-0 team. If that's the case, I'll be in for a great time. But watch now they'll go out and lose to an Indiana team that lost to Ball State and North Texas or a Northwestern team whose best win is at a Boston College team that lost at home to Duke.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived