Gary

2011NCAA Football Thread

If Alabama can keep Florida between the tackles, this shouldn't be close.

Will Muschamp is going to have a heart attack.

Rough day at the office for the Utes, they beat themselves early then the Huskies were like a shark and ate up everything around them. Dreams of a PAC championship goes in flames....

Will Muschamp is going to have a heart attack.

I looks like he will choke a b***h after that stupid penalty.

I looks like he will choke a b***h

Football-poster1.jpg

Yes, yes he will, if necessary.

John Brantley probably tore his ACL.

If i'm a Florida fan, i'm probably wishing that fumble actually happened.

SMU upsets TCU in OT

Outside of Boise State losing a game, this is exactly what they don't need.

They didn't need Utah's pathetic performance as well...

SMU upsets TCU in OT

Utah's in the Pac 12 now dude.

SMU upsets TCU in OT

Utah's in the Pac 12 now dude.

But it's also a former MWC member looking for respect in their new conference, there is a connection here.

Currently debating on whether or not to keep my current signature based on today... :(

Remember that goodwill that the ACC somewhat gained a couple weekends ago? Clemson beat Auburn, Florida State played Oklahoma tough, and Miami beat Ohio State.

Yeah, that was shortlived.

Cincinnati 44, NC State 14

Temple 38, Maryland 7

Southern Miss 30, Virginia 24

Kansas State 28, Miami 24

And their preseason pick to be the conference champion (Florida State) is now 2-2.

Whoops.

Virginia Tech is still unbeaten.

... just saying.

Clemson's no clown-college opponent, are they?

But it's also a former MWC member looking for respect in their new conference, there is a connection here.

Utah is now in the PAC-12. Their success has nothing to do with the MWC no matter how much you wish it. A Utah loss in 2011 doesn't reflect in anyway on the MWC in anyone's mind but your own.

Hey guys, remember when Marcus Lattimore was a heisman candidate? Remember when South Carolina was considered good? Good times... good times...

And yeah, the FIU ferry just sunk :cry:

I think I probably jinxed them and they'll end up 3-9. It seems this is what happens when I jump on bandwagons... Wait a minute... GO STANFORD!! UNDEFEATED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! (Muhahahhahaha....)

FIU didn't even have a bandwagon. They had a SmartCar with one seat, and you were sitting in it.

FIU didn't even have a bandwagon. They had a SmartCar with one seat, and you were sitting in it.

Well no wonder FIU failed: we could barely fit one hooker in the car. What kind of recruit would be impressed with that? We need to upgrade to a sedan so we can at least fit two hookers and 3 bricks of cocaine. Then maybe we could get a few 2 star recruits here and there. Dammit Miami, why did you have to up the anti so much!?

Rough day at the office for the Utes, they beat themselves early then the Huskies were like a shark and ate up everything around them. Dreams of a PAC championship goes in flames....

BUT THEY WERE SO MUCH MORE AWESOME THAN USC.

Remember that goodwill that the ACC somewhat gained a couple weekends ago? Clemson beat Auburn, Florida State played Oklahoma tough, and Miami beat Ohio State.

Yeah, that was shortlived.

Cincinnati 44, NC State 14

Temple 38, Maryland 7

Southern Miss 30, Virginia 24

Kansas State 28, Miami 24

And their preseason pick to be the conference champion (Florida State) is now 2-2.

Whoops.

Virginia Tech is still unbeaten.

... just saying.

Clemson's no clown-college opponent, are they?

I guess I should have asked Auburn two weeks ago.

... oh wait a second, Clemosn plays in the ACC. Well there goes that argument.

Utah is now in the PAC-12. Their success has nothing to do with the MWC no matter how much you wish it. A Utah loss in 2011 doesn't reflect in anyway on the MWC in anyone's mind but your own.

The Utes are essentialy a top flight MWC team, still. Takes 2-3 years of 4-5 star recuiting to catch up to some of the top PAC squads. Last nights game painfully exhibited the Utes' lack of depth.

It don't matter anymore, the Utes will be playing for a Vegas Bowl birth :P and the Broncos will get a good BCS bowl game(ahem,if undefeated), Boise won't be in contention for the NCG after yesterdays events, thanks goes out to Utah and TCU.

ASU overcame a 13-0 1st quarter deficit against Oregon State and ended up winning by 21 points.

Can't start out the gates like that against good teams, and especially shouldn't be doing it to friggin Oregon State. But I liked the fight back. When they're going good, damn it's going good, but when they're bad, it's mostly because they're just stupid with turnovers or penalties. That's their big issues. It's not bad o-line, or bad coverage or things like that. ASU is fairly sound and good in most of the technical and skill areas. Their big problem is just stupidity. Stupid penalties, and occasionally, Osweiler makes some stupid reads on his throws. Those are both easily suppressable, So... just suppress them. Don't be stupid. Win games.

Also, with Illinois being ASU's only loss so far, I was quite pleased that they pulled that one out of their ass today over Northwestern. The better Illinois ends up, the better that one specific loss looks. So, go Illini.