2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

But it's also a former MWC member looking for respect in their new conference, there is a connection here.

Utah is now in the PAC-12. Their success has nothing to do with the MWC no matter how much you wish it. A Utah loss in 2011 doesn't reflect in anyway on the MWC in anyone's mind but your own.

The Utes are essentialy a top flight MWC team, still. Takes 2-3 years of 4-5 star recuiting to catch up to some of the top PAC squads. Last nights game painfully exhibited the Utes' lack of depth.

It don't matter anymore, the Utes will be playing for a Vegas Bowl birth :P and the Broncos will get a good BCS bowl game(ahem,if undefeated), Boise won't be in contention for the NCG after yesterdays events, thanks goes out to Utah and TCU.

Utah's success or failure this season does not impact Boise State's. That's like saying Oklahoma can't be good because Nebraska got abused by Wisconsin last night.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Utes are essentialy a top flight MWC team, still. Takes 2-3 years of 4-5 star recuiting to catch up to some of the top PAC squads. Last nights game painfully exhibited the Utes' lack of depth.

It don't matter anymore, the Utes will be playing for a Vegas Bowl birth :P and the Broncos will get a good BCS bowl game(ahem,if undefeated), Boise won't be in contention for the NCG after yesterdays events, thanks goes out to Utah and TCU.

How can I put this nicely:

1. No, they're :censored: ing not. You can't be a "top flight" team for a conference you're not in.

2. Utah never mattered for Boise's 2011 season because they don't play each other.

3. Since you're such a big fan of equating old MWC teams to the 2011 MWC why don't you mention BYU's struggles against Utah State and a lowly (as you see it) C-USA team in UCF?

There's nothing wrong with being a fan of mid-major conference, just don't make ignorant arguments that are easily proven wrong with facts and you can't count the performances of a team not in the league for the league's resume.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

1-Obviously your not reading my posts, understand here....do you think out of the blue, Utah all of the sudden has a roster full of 5 star recuits becasue of their admission to the PAC?...Uh, not by a long shot. Most of this current roster is still from the MWC days. lots of Juniors and Seniors who were recruited 2-3 years ago, when landing in the PAC was still a pipedream at best. And honestly, Utah is probably lucky to be IN(they were 2nd or 3rd option in the PAC's plans), but that's another subject for another day :rolleyes:

How can anybody not believe this is a top flight MWC roster here treading the mighty waters of the PAC? It's your classic top-tier MWC team, the starting 22 can go toe-to-toe with anybody in the country, however it's the depth that kills it. And last nights game painfully exposed that, especialy on the O and D-lines. It's gonna take Utah anywhere from 2-4 years to catch up in that department with hopefuly great recuiting Whittingham. So in essense, Utah is still a good team, maybe good for a 7-5 or 8-4 season and at worst 6-6. Just not quite good enough to reach the PAC championship this year.

2- Of course they don't play, but you know down the line (sometime in November), comparisons will be made. Does Boise deserve to be in the NC Game? they will say, well Look at Utah and how they are barely surviving the PAC-10 rigors, you know those ESPN chumwaders/or even those stupit BCS computers will use that against Boise State. and face it folks, the mighty espn runs the show here.

I can't stress it enough here, a succesful Utah season bodes well for Boises hopes of landing in. why is that so tough to understand??

3-BYU is a program retreating backwards, they beleive in their own hype way too much. As a MWC fan, it's sad to see Utah and TCU depart,sure. BYU on the other hand, hell no!. I don't give a pop about BYWho, have fun Cougars with your lower-tier WAC schedule :P, wouldn't be suprised at all to see them drop one to either SJSU or NMSU or even Idaho to be very honest, the games they've won have been very

Lucky to say the least. They are due for a drubbing by a lesser team( insert Oregon State here perhaps)

@ Rams80, no reason to compare Nebraska and Oklahoma, Nebraska has been a big-boy for a very long time. they have nada to prove. no way in any shape and form could I compare those two, Now that's pretty silly.... :P

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

I can't stress it enough here, a succesful Utah season bodes well for Boises hopes of landing in. why is that so tough to understand??

Because...

1. Utah is not in Boise's conference.

2. Utah is not on Boise's schedule.

3. Utah will not be playing Boise for the foreseeable future, since they bought out of their schedule deal.

To argue that how Utah does in the PAC impacts a team that isn't playing them is insipid, wrongheaded, and just plain dumb. Additionally, you really think the media would be shocked that Utah is struggling in the PAC? Newsflash: any program that moves up to an AQ conference will have to face transition years.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Sometimes i do wonder why i argue til i'm blue in the face about this :P . I sure don't have a hard time getting this point across to people in REAL LIFE. Maybe communicating on the net is a JOKE after all :rolleyes:

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

@ Rams80, no reason to compare Nebraska and Oklahoma, Nebraska has been a big-boy for a very long time. they have nada to prove. no way in any shape and form could I compare those two, Now that's pretty silly.... :P

I'm using the same bleeping logic you are using. There has been a perception that the Big XII is the Big Ten's equal, if not superior. So if a top-flight Big XII team faceplants in its first Big Ten game, by your logic this reflects poorly on the remaining teams in the Big XII.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Does Boise's success this season reflect well upon the WAC? No. No :censored: Utah wad in the MWC last year but the key word there is "was". The 2011 season is based upon the 2011 season and for this season Boise is no longer in the WAC and Utah is no longer in the MWC. Or would you rather Boise's BCS game (if they get in one, not a certainty) count for the WAC as far as the league's qualification for AQ status?

Say what you want about BYU but to use the argument for Utah and not for BYU is stupid. Your reasoning for Your argument not applying for them is the same as imy argument that it does not apply to Utah.

There are AQ schools that lack depth so that argument is invalid.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I hate Alabama, but they sure looked like the best team in the country against Florida. I just don't think anybody's going to touch them.

And it would be very easy to vote for Wisconsin as No. 2 (if I had a vote) after the thrashing of Nebraska. That Badger quarterback is GOOD.

Sometimes i do wonder why i argue til i'm blue in the face about this :P . I sure don't have a hard time getting this point across to people in REAL LIFE. Maybe communicating on the net is a JOKE after all :rolleyes:

Please stop abusing emoticons. It makes you look at a 12 year old.

Utah is not in the same conference as Boise. Period. They never were. They have no impact on their schedule. Not hard to figure out.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

And it would be very easy to vote for Wisconsin as No. 2 (if I had a vote) after the thrashing of Nebraska. That Badger quarterback is GOOD.

You got that right, on both counts. I said one or two weeks ago that Russell Wilson is a guy to really look at for the Heisman. I think after last night, he's a bonafide, serious candidate.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I was never sold on Nebraska either. Any team that takes itself seriously as a National Championship contender can't give up 29 points at home to Fresno State. Ever. Their defense has looked suspect all season.

Are the Buckeyes missing Pryor yet? :)

No. But we are missing a few other things, like talent for example. This is going to be a long season.

In all seriousness, I'm convinced Braxton will be a very good QB in the future, but he's not ready yet. And this conservative play calling is not helping him.

On a more concerning note, your D-line is almost non-existant, which surprises me because of the JV line MSU is rolling with due to injuries.

The defense held MSU to ten points. MSU injuries or not, I'll take that. The problem is losing a game when you only give up ten points. That's a real problem; especially when it's a home game. With regard to Miller, I agree 100%. And you're right, the play calling isn't helping, with Miller or the entire offense for that matter. Fickell may as well just post "I have no confidence in any of you" on the locker room wall.

That's all fine though, we're only another loss or two from Fickell sealing his fate. Then it's time for the Urban Meyer sweepstakes. B)

Of course, I posted that about the defense during the first quarter when Cousins had a tea party in the pocket before lobbing one up to Cunningham and Bell was ripping off 7 YPC. But you're right, after the first quarter the defense settled down... Luckily for both OSU and Michigan, the B1G is down this year outside of Wisconsin: Penn State can't find a serviceable QB, Persa can't stay on the field for NW, MSU's offense is dysfunctional at best, Illinois can't stop anyone, NEB's Taylor Martinez makes Denard look like Tom Brady when throwing the football, and Minnesota doesn't deserve to be D1, let alone the BigTen. So what may normally be a 6-6 year for bad OSU and Michigan teams may turn into 9-3, 8-4 type seasons.

I went down to Champaign this weekend to visit the girlfriend and was able to get tickets to the NW/UofI game last minute. I gotta say, it was quite exciting. I thought from the start the game was going to be a defensive battle, but obviously I was proved wrong.

Glad to see LSU get the W yesterday as well. I guess Jefferson got a pretty negative response from the crowd at Tiger Stadium which I love. Keep him off the field and keep Lee in as much as possible, if anyone else comes under center, it should be Mettenberger.

That's nothing. I was playing summer ball my Sophomore year, and our center fielder just went out to the fence and took a piss... and then a fly ball came his way. He panicked, and tried to put his, er "thing" away, but not he only partially succeeded. He still managed to catch the ball, and fortunately, their (it was an away game) center field was deep enough to where most of the spectators and other players couldn't see. I was playing left, and I could however. The rest of the team was really confused as to why me and the right fielder were laughing so much. We still tease him about that to this day.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I get what you're trying to say here, the problem is that the argument is so shaky that not even the four letter could get it to stand up to scrutiny. If Boise keeps winning -and everyone around them loses- they'll have a shot.

Archived