2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeVier Posey, Dan Herron, and possibly more players suspended for the Ohio State -vs- Nebraska game this Saturday.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

That's nothing. I was playing summer ball my Sophomore year, and our center fielder just went out to the fence and took a piss... and then a fly ball came his way. He panicked, and tried to put his, er "thing" away, but not he only partially succeeded. He still managed to catch the ball, and fortunately, their (it was an away game) center field was deep enough to where most of the spectators and other players couldn't see. I was playing left, and I could however. The rest of the team was really confused as to why me and the right fielder were laughing so much. We still tease him about that to this day.

No offense, but I don't believe a word of that.

BB52Big.jpg

That's nothing. I was playing summer ball my Sophomore year, and our center fielder just went out to the fence and took a piss... and then a fly ball came his way. He panicked, and tried to put his, er "thing" away, but not he only partially succeeded. He still managed to catch the ball, and fortunately, their (it was an away game) center field was deep enough to where most of the spectators and other players couldn't see. I was playing left, and I could however. The rest of the team was really confused as to why me and the right fielder were laughing so much. We still tease him about that to this day.

I'm not surprised. It's a bit of a shocking story, but a true one. We were playing @ Glide High School in Oregon, and it was freaking hot, and we lost, and that's about all I can remember. I don't know if that proves anything or not, but I swear this really happened.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Glad to see LSU get the W yesterday as well. I guess Jefferson got a pretty negative response from the crowd at Tiger Stadium which I love. Keep him off the field and keep Lee in as much as possible, if anyone else comes under center, it should be Mettenberger.

Yes, well then I'll say it to you the same way I yelled to the handful of people booing in the general vicinity of my season tickets at Tiger Stadium. You are CLASSLESS.

You don't boo college players on your own team-- at home, for any reason.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You LOVE that some yahoos like yourself BOOED when a player on "your own" team came in the game. You don't even have the decency (as some of these booing crawfishers do) to say later, "I wasn't booing Jefferson, I was booing the coach's decision to bring him in at that point in time". No, you state that you LOVE that JEFFERSON got a pretty negative response, and "keep him off the field and keep Lee in as much as possible, if anyone else come under center it should be Mettenberger."

Well, "Bayou Jim" (he of the dubious sources) thankfully smarter people than you run the team: namely Les Miles (your avatar), who stated in regards to the booing, "I didn't anticipate that...I can't imagine anybody that could take the field for the Tigers and give it everything they've got and be treated poorly." Miles further stated he was disappointed in the booing, and that he didn't need to console Jefferson on the sideline: "One thing about it, he has taken defensive ends on and he has taken linebackers on, and I suspect that he can handle 2,500 fans that aren't just a little disposed to bemoan a guy busting his tail to do everything he can for LSU."

And thankfully better people than you are the teammates of Jordan Jefferson. People like Jarrett Lee, who cheered his teammate on and was the first one to congratulate him AFTER he scored on that play. And guard T-Bob Hebert, whose Twittered words I will use to end this post:

"Anybody who booed No. 9 today needs to stop watching LSU games and stop cheering for the Tigers. We don't need you and don't want you"

It is what it is.

Michigan #12? Oh god yes.

House of cards? House of cards.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Glad to see LSU get the W yesterday as well. I guess Jefferson got a pretty negative response from the crowd at Tiger Stadium which I love. Keep him off the field and keep Lee in as much as possible, if anyone else comes under center, it should be Mettenberger.

Yes, well then I'll say it to you the same way I yelled to the handful of people booing in the general vicinity of my season tickets at Tiger Stadium. You are CLASSLESS.

You don't boo college players on your own team-- at home, for any reason.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You LOVE that some yahoos like yourself BOOED when a player on "your own" team came in the game. You don't even have the decency (as some of these booing crawfishers do) to say later, "I wasn't booing Jefferson, I was booing the coach's decision to bring him in at that point in time". No, you state that you LOVE that JEFFERSON got a pretty negative response, and "keep him off the field and keep Lee in as much as possible, if anyone else come under center it should be Mettenberger."

Well, "Bayou Jim" (he of the dubious sources) thankfully smarter people than you run the team: namely Les Miles (your avatar), who stated in regards to the booing, "I didn't anticipate that...I can't imagine anybody that could take the field for the Tigers and give it everything they've got and be treated poorly." Miles further stated he was disappointed in the booing, and that he didn't need to console Jefferson on the sideline: "One thing about it, he has taken defensive ends on and he has taken linebackers on, and I suspect that he can handle 2,500 fans that aren't just a little disposed to bemoan a guy busting his tail to do everything he can for LSU."

And thankfully better people than you are the teammates of Jordan Jefferson. People like Jarrett Lee, who cheered his teammate on and was the first one to congratulate him AFTER he scored on that play. And guard T-Bob Hebert, whose Twittered words I will use to end this post:

"Anybody who booed No. 9 today needs to stop watching LSU games and stop cheering for the Tigers. We don't need you and don't want you"

This is exactly why I hate the NFL. It's full of over reactive fans who thinks their team and player suck, yet root for them anyway, and call for their to coach to be fired every time they have to punt. It's pathetic quite honestly.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm not surprised. It's a bit of a shocking story, but a true one. We were playing @ Glide High School in Oregon, and it was freaking hot, and we lost, and that's about all I can remember. I don't know if that proves anything or not, but I swear this really happened.

What kind of ball player decides to take a piss right in the middle of an inning? Honestly, I might have bought it if you had left out the "oh my God! Fly ball and I've literally got my d**k in my hands" silliness. All that, and then he still manages to make the catch? OK, so if he was "predisposed", then how did he know where the ball was headed? Seems to me that if he was "aimed" towards the fence, he'd have no idea where the ball was headed. Then there's this, how did he remove his "thing" from his pants while still wearing his glove? Never mind. Let's allow for the possibility that he removed his "thing" to piss while still wearing his glove.

So let's play this out. We've got an outfielder who's back is turned to the plate because he's taking a piss. While this is going on, the pitcher throws a pitch. The batter hits the pitch. Our pissing outfielder hears the crack of the bat, turns around, spots the ball, now he's running into position to play the ball, while at the same time he's trying to put his "thing" back in his pants with one hand (remember, he's wearing his glove this entire time.) While all this is happening, he's partially successful at putting his "thing" away and he makes the catch? Sure. Happens all the time.

C'mon dude. Next time try "while we were changing pitchers" or something a little more believable. Again, no offense, but your entire story just reeks of bull- :censored:.

BB52Big.jpg

What kind of ball player decides to take a piss right in the middle of an inning? Honestly, I might have bought it if you had left out the "oh my God! Fly ball and I've literally got my d**k in my hands" silliness. All that, and then he still manages to make the catch? OK, so if he was "predisposed", then how did he know where the ball was headed? Seems to me that if he was "aimed" towards the fence, he'd have no idea where the ball was headed. Then there's this, how did he remove his "thing" from his pants while still wearing his glove? Never mind. Let's allow for the possibility that he removed his "thing" to piss while still wearing his glove.

So let's play this out. We've got an outfielder who's back is turned to the plate because he's taking a piss. While this is going on, the pitcher throws a pitch. The batter hits the pitch. Our pissing outfielder hears the crack of the bat, turns around, spots the ball, now he's running into position to play the ball, while at the same time he's trying to put his "thing" back in his pants with one hand (remember, he's wearing his glove this entire time.) While all this is happening, he's partially successful at putting his "thing" away and he makes the catch? Sure. Happens all the time.

C'mon dude. Next time try "while we were changing pitchers" or something a little more believable. Again, no offense, but your entire story just reeks of bull- :censored:.

First of all, it was a summer league game, so really, nobody cared. Also, this kid was/is the kid who always gets drunk at parties and does really stupid :censored:. If you knew him, this is a very believable story. Second of all, the ball was hit almost right to him. We told him to look up, he moved a few feet forward, and caught it. Like I said, he didn't get it all the way in. He just kind of took one thrust in and went after the ball.

There are many stories out there that seem unbelievable, but that's what makes them great.

I have a hard time believing that story as well.

The field was deep enough that players and spectators couldn't see? Really?!?

I don't even imagine a person, summer league or not (it is organized with spectators- not a pickup game), walking away from position and pissing on the fence...ALL THE WHILE, managing to finish that job and find a fly ball to make an "outstanding play".

From the moment a ball is hit, we are talking 3-4 seconds MAYBE before it lands in the field. Your friend was standing in the absolute deepest portion of the field. Pissing. Back turned. Finishes and makes the catch.

Sorry, not buying it.

I don't even imagine a person, summer league or not (it is organized with spectators- not a pickup game), walking away from position and pissing on the fence...ALL THE WHILE, managing to finish that job and find a fly ball to make an "outstanding play".

From the moment a ball is hit, we are talking 3-4 seconds MAYBE before it lands in the field. Your friend was standing in the absolute deepest portion of the field. Pissing. Back turned. Finishes and makes the catch.

Sorry, not buying it.

That wasn't the only reason they couldn't see if you catch my drift.

He didn't make an outstanding play. I never said he did. He was almost done anyway, which was why he could immediately turn around. He got really lucky, and that's about it. He wouldn't have been able to make the play had the ball not been hit right too him.

Sorry, not buying it.

That wasn't the only reason they couldn't see if you catch my drift.

He didn't make an outstanding play. I never said he did. He was almost done anyway, which was why he could immediately turn around. He got really lucky, and that's about it. He wouldn't have been able to make the play had the ball not been hit right too him.

So he immediately turned around, tried to put away his "thing", picked up the path of the ball, and made the catch all in one motion? Sorry, but with every "adjustment" you make to the story, it gets that much harder to believe. If the ball was hit right at him, the amount of time he had to pull this off diminishes greatly. It's much easier to adjust on a fly ball that isn't hit straight at you. So not only are you telling us that center field was so deep at this park that no one could see what was going on, you're also trying to convince us that a high school kid hit a fly ball all the way to the fence at a ballpark where CF was so deep that no one could see what was going on. Then you're telling is that the aforementioned fly ball was hit high enough and far enough that the CF had time to pick up the flight of a ball hit right at him while his back was turned, partially put away his "thing", and make the catch. Does that about sum it up?

Sorry, still not buying it.

On topic: Michigan all the way up to #12? I think I'm more willing to believe spleen's fly ball story than I am to believe there are only 11 teams better than Michigan. I'll be the first to admit that the Wolverines look a lot better this season, but let's get real here. They aren't #12 good.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, and did he put on his glove during the 1/2 second of tucking his "thing" and turning around to make the catch? Or was he so awesome that he used one hand to unzip, pull out, and let it flow while still wearing his glove?

Or wait, let me guess...he caught it barehanded.

Yeah, and did he put on his glove during the 1/2 second of tucking his "thing" and turning around to make the catch? Or was he so awesome that he used one hand to unzip, pull out, and let it flow while still wearing his glove?

Or wait, let me guess...he caught it barehanded.

He left out the most important the kid's name was Nick and he was from Denver.

spacer.png

On topic: Michigan all the way up to #12? I think I'm more willing to believe spleen's fly ball story than I am to believe there are only 11 teams better than Michigan. I'll be the first to admit that the Wolverines look a lot better this season, but let's get real here. They aren't #12 good.

They're #12 good until they meet some real competition. They've basically been awarded the spot by going 5 weeks undefeated.

They beat Notre Dame, who beat Michigan State, who beat Ohio State, all of whom were previously ranked this season, so at least they have something going for them.

Is a 58-0 win over a 3rd grade Golden Gophers team really worthy of pushing the Wolverines up 7 spots?

And why are we fussing over spleen's story? It may be far-fetched, but it certainly does not warrant this many replies. Maybe in a 2011 NCAA football thread, we can focus on 2011 NCAA football?

Archived