2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Sorry, but I can't put a team from a second-rate conference like the Big 12 or Big Ten at the same level as an SEC team. That's like saying an NL team should be put on the same level as the much-superior AL. Just doesn't work that way.

*checks*

Yep, the Giants play in the NL.

I also guess by your logic that Kentucky would mop the floor with Oklahoma or Ole Miss would murder Stanford because they're from the SEC and OU and Stanford are not.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the good times Garcia, Connor Shaw will be handling things from now on.

I am, however, upset that at all costs- Spurrier will force the passing game. Lattimore, pending Carolina's success as a team, could have really contented for the Heisman trophy. Can't do that with 15 carries per game. Fortunately, he did get 100+ today.

I do realize Kentucky is really bad...really, really bad.

In order for Stephen Garcia to not play in a game, it took stinkin' instead of drinkin'. Who said Spurrier isn't the same guy he was at Florida?

It was 3rd and 59 was it not? Ehhh...I'll give Richt a pass. Aside from that ONE posession, Georgia was disciplined and won IN Knoxville. I'm a happy Dawg tonight.

It was 3rd-and-57. I took a picture of that, too.

It was nice to see Richt finally growing a pair and going for it on 4th-and-short and making some other ballsy decisions.

Hey, Infrared? You think the OSU fans are going to sue Terrelle Pryor and Jim Tressel for devaluing their season tickets?

Well Will, I honestly don't know. (or care) Since I don't follow Ohio State football that closely, I had no idea it was even being considered. To answer your question, I'd guess that there are probably some idiots out there who would take a shot at it.

Is that what you were looking for?

Yeah he doesn't follow them closely now since they suck, but before that he had OSU in his sig and avatar. Guess it's fun being a bandwagon?

OK, let's address this. It was my belief that Will's post was trying to bait me into an argument. He has a history of doing that with me over Ohio State football. My point was that I don't follow the Buckeyes so closely that I'm paying attention to whether or not our fans have a "cause of action" to file a lawsuit against Ohio State or Jim Tressell and Terelle Pryor. It's precisely why I put "that" in italics. I was being sarcastic.

I find it amusing that you think I've bailed on the Buckeyes "because they suck." Let me address that as well. I changed my avatar to Toledo because I was pissed off over the Bucks losing to Michigan State. (For the record, I am also an alumnus of The University of Toledo.) Believe me, if I had bailed on them "because they suck", I wouldn't have wasted my time watching them blow a 27-6 lead against Nebraska tonight. But I sat there and watched every second of it. All I can say is Joe Bauserman really sucks and I'm surprised they played as well as they did.

I can assure you that I'm every bit the Ohio State fan today that I was before the season started, or last year, or in 2002, or since the late 60's when I began to understand sports and first became a fan. It hasn't changed one bit. I am as proud and arrogant an alumnus of THE Ohio State University as you'll find around here. That said, if you're looking for a Buckeyes fan that is a typical "my team can do no wrong" and "it's always someone else's fault" Cleveland inspired homer, then you'll need to look elsewhere. I don't gloat when they win and I don't make excuses when they lose. I call it like I see it. If you can't handle that, well, I don't know what to tell you.

With regard to my signature: The reason the Buckeyes currently don't appear in my sig is because Ohio State is not in that particular sig series. I like my sig to match and I really like that sig series. The teams that appear there are the ones I'm hoping do well in the playoffs. It's a very common practice around here come playoff time in every sport. At no point have I ever stated that I am an "official fan" of those teams. Because I'm not. Should any of those teams win the World Series, I'll be happy for their fans but I will not at any point claim any kind of "fan ownership" in those teams.

While we're on the subject of my signature, a while back I had nothing but old logos that I like. Does that make me a frontrunner too? The truth is, I like changing my sig around. Sue me. This is a sports logos forum after all.

Finally, you are the living breathing example of why I'm no longer and Indians fan. You are also the living breathing example of why I am embarrassed to tell people I'm a Browns fan. There was a time when Cleveland sports fans were respected. We didn't whine, we knew our stuff, we were honest about our teams, and people actually liked us because we handled ourselves with class. Then the Browns left, the Indians got good, LeBron James happened, and fans like you crawled out of the woodwork. Now we're a :censored:-ing punchline and "real" fans like myself spend more time apologizing for the "Cleve-jackers" than we do actually talking about our teams. If being a "true Cleveland sports fan" means I have to behave like a "Cleve-jacker" then I guess I'm not a "true Cleveland sports fan" and thank God.

Hope that clears it up for you. B)

Oh yeah, GO BUCKS!

BB52Big.jpg

He's rooting for them come playoff time?

Realize that not everyone from the general Cleveland area is as much as an insufferable homer as you.

Yeah you say I'm a homer, but I openly say that the Browns and Cavs are terrible. Since you stalk every post I make, I'm surprised you haven't noticed that!

But the 4-0 Lions are worse than the "terrible Browns" right?

Finally, you are the living breathing example of why I'm no longer and Indians fan. You are also the living breathing example of why I am embarrassed to tell people I'm a Browns fan. There was a time when Cleveland sports fans were respected. We didn't whine, we knew our stuff, we were honest about our teams, and people actually liked us because we handled ourselves with class. Then the Browns left, the Indians got good, LeBron James happened, and fans like you crawled out of the woodwork. Now we're a :censored:-ing punchline and "real" fans like myself spend more time apologizing for the "Cleve-jackers" than we do actually talking about our teams. If being a "true Cleveland sports fan" means I have to behave like a "Cleve-jacker" then I guess I'm not a "true Cleveland sports fan" and thank God.

Couldn't have said it any better, 'red.

6fQjS3M.png

Couldn't have said it any better, 'red.

Thanks. And thanks to everyone else who chimed in for me over this nonsense. It's most appreciated.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't get the hate here...I like infrared, but he was representing the Buckeyes. The good thing about him, however, is that he provides an honest view of the team- unlike most Ohio State fans I have come across.

I agree OSU fans are the most annoying you'll find, but right now he's proving to be just like the rest of them which is why I called him out. He was a buckeye fan, but now that someone has called him out on that he doe's the whole "oh I really don't care about them" excuse. That is why I dislike him, he's a front runner.

Dude, really? I'm a Browns fan for God's sake. Have been since 1969. And as I stated earlier, I'm still the most annoying and arrogant Ohio State alum on these boards. I promise you that I still "care about" the Buckeyes. In fact, I will never, ever stop being a Buckeyes fan. You'd have an easier time getting me to torture my cat or something. You're really letting your imagination run wild over a couple of pictures in an avatar and signature. I assure you that I am not a frontrunner. Just to make you happy, I changed my signature and avatar back to the old stuff. (Sorry, I still left the Cards and Tigers in there because I enjoy watching them, they are who I'm rooting for in the playoffs only, and I like their uniforms. Doesn't make me a "fan" of either team.)

Oh, and I don't like you much either. I'm sure we'll both survive. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Dude, really? I'm a Browns fan for God's sake. Have been since 1969. And as I stated earlier, I'm still the most annoying and arrogant Ohio State alum on these boards. I promise you that I still "care about" the Buckeyes. In fact, I will never, ever stop being a Buckeyes fan. You'd have an easier time getting me to torture my cat or something. You're really letting your imagination run wild over a couple of pictures in an avatar and signature. I assure you that I am not a frontrunner. Just to make you happy, I changed my signature and avatar back to the old stuff. (Sorry, I still left the Cards and Tigers in there because I enjoy watching them, they are who I'm rooting for in the playoffs only, and I like their uniforms. Doesn't make me a "fan" of either team.)

Oh, and I don't like you much either. I'm sure we'll both survive. B)

Dude no need to go through this whole thread and comment about every post I made. That was from a lot earlier today, and am not really in the mood to argue with you. This is supposed to be a thread about college football, and all this arguing is going to ruin it.

Getting back on track from being cleve-jacked AGAIN. Looks like Utah is 0-3 in Pac-12 play. ASU could very well be in the PAC-12 Championship

And a hole has been punched in my wall :P okay not really, but I feel like doing so. The team that mauled BYU by 44 just isn't showing up to games right now.

If I weren't stuck with my iPod all weekend, my Mission: Pasadena sig would've been changed at halftime yesterday. There isn't any way in this green earth that the Utes are sniffing roses this year. :(

And I'm suprised at how well ASU is playing this year. That's a good team.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Getting back on track from being cleve-jacked AGAIN. Looks like Utah is 0-3 in Pac-12 play. ASU could very well be in the PAC-12 Championship

Looking at their schedule there is no reason they shouldn't finish the regular season 10-2. I think it will be ASU-Oregon in the inaugural Pac-12 Championship Game.

Archived