2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I see one Bama TD in the 4th, 2 Bama TDs in the 3rd and they won 49-7, I wouldn't say that was exactly "running it up" and I also still don't see Bama putting up 100 on an opponent. I only see a 49-7 win.

That's what will said that LSU & Bama would put 100 up against Indiana.

3 TDs in the 2nd half compared to 4 in the first. And Michigan State has a much better defense. That's why it stayed under a 100-not some considerations about honor or player safety.

/Seriously, you think Nick Saban would take his foot off the gas pedal? You really don't follow college football, do you.

I follow lots of college football, I follow every team to a degree. Im saying in this day and age no one would think about putting up 100 on a team. Even Saban would stop before 100.

When was the last 100+ win? The closest was 1968 Houston over SMU by 96. Georgia Tech won 222-0 in what 1916? 100+ win probably won't happen in this generation of football.

Besides last year's Wisky/Indiana game was 63 point difference which wasn't as bad. Ok State could've put up 100+ probably on Kansas last week but they didn't, no team would think about putting 100+ points on ANY team in this generation of football. The amount of backlash and disrespect people would talk about would black eye that coach and it's staff, no team wants that.

Trust me I'm in favor of playing till the final second goes and if a team wants to not get best horribly they should stop the offense but I'm just saying no team would think about it now a days.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus Lattimore is out for the season with a knee injury. Here's hoping him a full and speedy recovery.

Very unfortunate. He is a standup guy on and off the field and works hard to earn what he does.

As a Gamecock fan, I just feel like this is natural in a way...this season was supposed to be "it" for us. We had a 5th year QB (dismissed), dropped a game to a weak-er Auburn team we should have beat, and then we lose our constant in Marcus Lattimore. Not to mention, but 3 of our backup runningbacks are also injured...including our big RB recruit Shon Carson. Fortunately, our playable backup RB Brandon Wilds has shown signs of brightness when he has come in.

It just really sucks. Doesn't help that your rival, who we thought would have a weak year, is having a great one. Who knew Taj Boyd could be consistent and Watkins would be a freshman phenom?

Signed,

Hurting In Gamecock Land

I hadn't seen it posted, so just in case, here are the BCS standings:

1. LSU (7-0)
  2. Alabama (7-0)
  3. Oklahoma (6-0)
  4. Oklahoma State (6-0)
  5. Boise State (6-0)
  6. Wisconsin (6-0)
  7. Clemson (7-0)
  8. Stanford (6-0)
  9. Arkansas (5-1)
  10. Oregon (5-1)
  11. Kansas State (6-0)
  12. Virginia Tech (6-1)
  13. Nebraska (5-1)
  14. South Carolina (6-1)
  15. West Virginia (5-1)
  16. Michigan State (5-1)
  17. Texas A&M (4-2)
  18. Michigan (6-1)
  19. Houston (6-0)
  20. Auburn (5-2)
  21. Penn State (6-1)
  22. Georgia Tech (6-1)
  23. Illinois (6-1)
  24. Texas (4-2)
  25. Washington (5-1)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What I had preseason (What it's looking like right now)

FIESTA BOWL

Texas A&M v. Boise St. (Oklahoma St./Arkansas)

ORANGE BOWL

Florida St. v. West Virginia (Clemson/West Virginia)

ROSE BOWL

Oregon v. Wisconsin (Stanford/Wisconsin)

SUGAR BOWL

LSU v. Virginia Tech (Alabama/Boise St.)

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Alabama v. Oklahoma (LSU/Oklahoma)

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

FIESTA BOWL

ORANGE BOWL

ROSE BOWL

SUGAR BOWL

I'm not going to fault you for splitting Alabama and LSU, figuring they're not going to end up in the BCS title game together. But if both LSU and Alabama make BCS bowls, Arkansas cannot.

LvZYtbZ.png

FIESTA BOWL

ORANGE BOWL

ROSE BOWL

SUGAR BOWL

I'm not going to fault you for splitting Alabama and LSU, figuring they're not going to end up in the BCS title game together. But if both LSU and Alabama make BCS bowls, Arkansas cannot.

See I wasn't sure about that...

FIESTA BOWL

Texas A&M v. Boise St. (Oklahoma St./Oregon)

ORANGE BOWL

ROSE BOWL

SUGAR BOWL

Amended version ^

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Oklahoma State vs. Boise State would be a massive disappointment for both teams. I think Boise really wants a shot at a SEC team, either Bama or LSU.

Okie State vs. Oregon would be fun to watch. First to 70 wins.

Congratulations. You can use google image search and come up with a photo that's several years old.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope Boise gets a shot at LSU or Bama, they would get rolled on

Yeah, LSU or Bama would get rolled on. :P

In reality, I really do hope Boise gets to play either team come bowl season. It'd be a close and exciting game for sure. Knowing the BCS, though, they'll be playing West Virginia in the Fiesta or something.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Congratulations. You can use google image search and come up with a photo that's several years old.

Does the role of the arrogant, pompous bastard ever get old? Just wondering.

---------------

It'll be interesting to see how many times an unbeaten Boise State gets "jumped" in the BCS. Over/under: 3.5 :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived