If you could bring back one uniform set from each league...

Lights Out

Kelly Green Eagles is a great choice.

To be different, I'll take:

Bring back the Oilers!

oilers.jpgWarrenMoon_display_image.jpg?1291312436

Put the blue back in the Blue Jays...solid logo.

Jorge-Bell-was-great-and-so-were-these-fantastic-Toronto-uniforms.jpg

Simple but looked great.

jason-kidd.jpgdal_uni_02.jpgdal_uni_03.jpg

Again, simple and effective. No black.

image9pw1.jpg

87Redskins.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly Green Eagles is a great choice.

To be different, I'll take:

Bring back the Oilers!

oilers.jpgWarrenMoon_display_image.jpg?1291312436

Put the blue back in the Blue Jays...solid logo.

Jorge-Bell-was-great-and-so-were-these-fantastic-Toronto-uniforms.jpg

these are good choices

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

NBA: I can't pick one out of these 4. But since I'm only doing two leagues, I'll list all the ones I'd most like to see brought back.

wcbjhrh27bmuqrbvube80g7s1.gifhkn2jfkohhghebegierjs4xzb.gif

vhph3ejlgdv9js7xfdgtupb3u.gifzzhcyru4hzagdj8q5zphhn3g2.gif

rcnn6fekdmm7gmekf5f29i39b.gifeju3cuhfy78ppxthi1n8vqjfs.gif

9tmogw1a492a0k8o1fxophvge.gifed09hee1zcguhpjbzykg3hfwi.gif

This surprises me. Those NBA jerseys you picked are, imo, some of the worst ever. There is not a single bit of "design" in any of them, with perhaps the exception of the Nuggets wordmark and color scheme. For the most part you've chose a plain white home jersey and shorts with a logo on the thigh/knee. Then a plain blue away jersey and shorts with a logo on the thigh/knee. At least the Warriors have a yellow stripe down the side, but that is countered by the most boring wordmark of the group. Granted these all date back to a great era of basketball, and are the last thing we all remember before the horrid gradients and logos of the late 90's, but still? These are the designs you want to resurrect? I don't get it.

Sorry to pick on you, but I just don't understand the appreciation for this type of aesthetic.

If I were thinking of NBA jerseys I missed, these would make the cut:

9xwhs1zpsrieo36sdhgfzud1b.gifsggamcmmy2gpa32jw2fttwfi1.gif

Honestly, looking through this thread... I'm not really a fan of anything. Not that I'm anti retro, it's just teams changed for a reason, and I think a lot look good. Take the Bucs' creamcicle. Theyre soooo good, but the current pewter set is also very good. Designs should move foreward, not backwards.

If I was to change something, it would be this.

ymfa0u0ii9fsy1c1wo613ics5.gif

NBA: I can't pick one out of these 4. But since I'm only doing two leagues, I'll list all the ones I'd most like to see brought back.

wcbjhrh27bmuqrbvube80g7s1.gifhkn2jfkohhghebegierjs4xzb.gif

vhph3ejlgdv9js7xfdgtupb3u.gifzzhcyru4hzagdj8q5zphhn3g2.gif

rcnn6fekdmm7gmekf5f29i39b.gifeju3cuhfy78ppxthi1n8vqjfs.gif

9tmogw1a492a0k8o1fxophvge.gifed09hee1zcguhpjbzykg3hfwi.gif

This surprises me. Those NBA jerseys you picked are, imo, some of the worst ever. There is not a single bit of "design" in any of them, with perhaps the exception of the Nuggets wordmark and color scheme. For the most part you've chose a plain white home jersey and shorts with a logo on the thigh/knee. Then a plain blue away jersey and shorts with a logo on the thigh/knee. At least the Warriors have a yellow stripe down the side, but that is countered by the most boring wordmark of the group. Granted these all date back to a great era of basketball, and are the last thing we all remember before the horrid gradients and logos of the late 90's, but still? These are the designs you want to resurrect? I don't get it.

Sorry to pick on you, but I just don't understand the appreciation for this type of aesthetic.

If I were thinking of NBA jerseys I missed, these would make the cut:

9xwhs1zpsrieo36sdhgfzud1b.gifsggamcmmy2gpa32jw2fttwfi1.gif

Agree to disagree. I think a lot of the jerseys shown in this thread are ugly, and there's no way that I would want them revived. But different people have different opinions... this is about as subjective of a topic as it gets.

The Mavs current set is hideous and is light-blue-and-dark-blue for light-blue-and-dark-blue's sake. It's a boring color scheme. The green trim from their previous set gave it some pop. I also liked their old font, which I consider a "design" aspect.

The Wolves set right now is just a mess. I don't think I need to explain why. Their original set was simple and classy. Their original logo was nice too.

The Nuggets had an awesome unique color scheme with Navy, Dark Red, and Gold. I think it just fit them so well. Again, I'm not a big fan of light-blue/dark-blue. It looks boring and soft to me. Especially when too many teams do it.

The Warriors current set is hideous. Way too much going on, and the font sucks. Their early 90's set was way better.

The Pacers pinstripes were fine, but I also think their current set looks fine. So I wouldn't include them.

Sometimes, simpler is better. Not for every team, but I think it was for the teams I chose.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm going to take a serious approach to these... These I'd actually want to see back.

NBA:

bob-lanier2.jpg

NHL:

(only because the Stars were already posted multiple times)

t_37103.jpg

NFL:

(I can't say the Falcons, because we do see the throwbacks, as well as the Bills...)

Carter_Cris6_Vikings.jpg

MLB:

Molitor11.jpg

Sorry for the excess Milwaukee.

(EDIT: bonus points for anyone who can draw the connection among these four sets.)

Well all four sets involve some shade of green, which the teams have since downplayed, if not removed entirely.

As long as we're on the subject of College uniforms, how about these?

1846474_orig.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived