2011 NFL sideline caps

slats7

And maize isn't true yellow either.

FWIW, yellow is PMS 108. Athletic gold is PMS 123. They are technically two distinct colors.

I'm with you. To my eyes, maize is closer to yellow than athletic gold is to yellow. I'm not sure what Pantones Michigan's maize is, but I understand that Minnesota uses 136C or 116U for print. It's clear that the schools use differing textile colors as well.

01.jpg

4140085220_38d0965946.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the general public, or has anyone ever in the history of time and space, referred to the color of a school bus as "Athletic gold"? Why the heck not, if it's so clearly apparent?

Because "athletic gold" is an industry term. I wouldn't expect anyone to call it "or", either, even though that's the name used in heraldry. Dr. Cyr called his color "yellow", and that became the school bus industry standard.

Context matters, as in most walks of life.

Because "athletic gold" is an industry term. I wouldn't expect anyone to call it "or", either, even though that's the name used in heraldry. Dr. Cyr called his color "yellow", and that became the school bus industry standard.

Context matters, as in most walks of life.

My point stands. A color is a color regardless of its context. The yellow on a school bus doesn't suddenly take on an entirely new definition when applied to a football helmet.

Unless, of course, the fans of the team represented by said helmet are irrational. This is also quite common. Objectivity gets tossed out the window often when one's personal sports affiliations are under perceived attack.

I don't take it personally.

And yet you keep with the personal attacks. Very classy, that.

Look, if you want to tilt at gold-colored windmills, then by all means go for it. I just ask that you kindly refrain from yelling insults as you ride by on your donkey.

Objective observation. Classify it as what you will. Goodness knows you like to assign new definitions to things.

Archived