Carolina Hurricanes Alternate Concept

Colossal Caniac

So I decided to create a "fauxback" of sorts for the Carolina Hurricanes. Technically the franchise is 40 years old, so I don't think it's too ridiculous. I darkened the shade of red and made the shoulder patch and hurricane flags off-white (they are both black in the current alternate).

Hope you guys like it, and feedback is appreciated.

CanesAlternateConcept-1.jpg

I can appreciate the creative approach to this but, no offense, I hope they never wear something like this. You were out to create a fauxback and achieved it. How about instead of the wordmark, you just use a bigger version of the "C" in Canes? Nice effort and welcome aboard.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Really not feeling this... not "Faux" enough...

Enough with the nicknames on shirts, Bolts, Sens, ??? NO!!!

Go for a Coyotes' like look, or Dallas Stars... Use a script Carolina... but Modern font with "old school" or vintage colour doesn't o it for me...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

What I see: yes it's faux-retro.

What I like: You started from scratch and tried to think of a new look for them.

What I don't like: 1) Vintage white. 2) Wordmark. 3) It's not an improvement over any 3 of their current jersey. 4) The squares at the bottom [and nowhere else] never really worked for them in the first place; and it doesn't work on your version either.

Archived