The Road to Omaha

Seadragon76

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone cares...

Game 1 of the College Softball World Series Finals starts tonight. Florida vs Arizona State

I would care if Arizona was in it. This is the first time since 1986 that neither UA nor UCLA have been in the WCWS.

Oh well. We'll be back next year to chase title #9. Go Gators!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Matt Chaffee got called for four balks in the top of the ninth and balked in two runs, but Arizona held on to win 7-4. Whew.

For everyone's sake, I really hope the Aggies win. Can't take anymore blatant Arizona homerism for now.

I'm paying close attention to the Fort Worth region actually. Know people who played for both ORU and DBU. Should be a fun one tonight.

How has anything I've posted in this thread been homerism?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

To be honest vicfurth, Kevin's homerism has been on the down low for the entire topic so there isn't much of an issue in my mind.

If Arizona wins tonight, though... I fully expect Kevin to come in and just toot that little blue and red Mildcat horn all over the place. :P

To be honest vicfurth, Kevin's homerism has been on the down low for the entire topic so there isn't much of an issue in my mind.

If Arizona wins tonight, though... I fully expect Kevin to come in and just toot that little blue and red Mildcat horn all over the place. :P

Nope, not gonna happen. If we win it all, maybe, but a win tonight would just be a regional win. Still lots of work left to do, especially with one of our starters done for the rest of the tournament after taking a line drive off the elbow yesterday.

If anyone cares...

Game 1 of the College Softball World Series Finals starts tonight. Florida vs Arizona State

I care! Good to see ASU and the PAC-10/12 conference represented...and the game is underway!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

If anyone cares...

I care! Good to see ASU and the PAC-10/12 conference represented...and the game is underway!

And the game is probably already over :lol:

ASU gets a 3-run homer in th 2nd and it's already 7-0 and Florida is probably bringing in their next pitcher next inning.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Weather has postponed Arizona-A&M to tomorrow morning.

Those two play today to see who goes to Tallahassee to face Florida State.

Congrats to everyone who made the Super Regionals. Now, for the dates.

Series begins on Friday:

-Mississippi State at (2)Florida

-Stanford at (3)North Carolina

-Arizona State at (7)Texas

-Oregon State at (6)Vanderbilt

Series begins on Saturday:

-UC Irvine at (1)Virginia

-Dallas Baptist vs. California (at Santa Clara)

-Texas A&M/Arizona winner at (5)Florida State

-UConn at (4)South Carolina

Arizona and Texas A&M are scoreless in the 6th. Good game so far.

Also the Cal-Dallas Baptist Super Regional will be played at Schott Stadium on the campus of Santa Clara University because Cal's Evans Diamond doesn't have lights. The first two games are night games to accommodate the ESPNU schedule.

Well, it looks like Arizona's done. Best of luck to the Aggies.

3-0 final. Damn. It sure was a good run.

Well it took a little longer to get the Super Regionals set, but they finally have been determined.

Remaining National Seeds:

1. Virginia

2. Florida

3. North Carolina

4. South Carolina

5. Florida State

6. Vanderbilt

7. Texas

Friday/Sat/Sun Games

Gainesville Regional:

Mississippi State @ Florida

Austin Regional:

Arizona State @ Texas

Nashville Regional:

Oregon St. @ Vanderbilt

Chapel Hill Regional:

Stanford @ North Carolina

Sat/Sun/Mon Games:

Charlottesville Regional:

UC Irvine @ Virginia

Santa Clara Regional:

Dallas Baptist @ California

Tallahassee Regional:

Texas A&M @ Florida St.

Columbia Regional:

Connecticut @ South Carolina

So, which 8 teams do you have making it to the College World Series in Omaha?

I've got:

Florida - Mississippi State poses a challenge if the Gators pitching isn't up to par. But it should be.

Texas - This should be a good series. Texas edges it out.

Vandy - Too much Commodores. I just hope the ESPNU guy don't keep using the 'dores nickname - I keep thinking he's talking about the doors, band.

Stanford - This seems like a complete toss up to me. I pick Stanford.

UVA - Irvine will be a challange, but the Cavs are just too good.

DBU - Dallas Baptist looks really good. Might be a high scoring series.

FSU - Florida State should take this one.

SCAR - Gamecocks at home and are fairly strong. Might be a little disappointed in not getting to play their rival Clemson, so game one could be a loss, but they should be able to take 2 of 3.

Time for my two cents...

Mississippi State at Florida (IMHO, there is no better team at this moment then Florida. Yes, Virginia is the top overall seed, but the Gators manhandled their way through the regional with some big time firepower. The Bulldogs better run for cover 'cause this is going to be ugly)

Arizona State at Texas (On the flipside, the weakest team IMHO is Texas. They had to beat Kent State twice after the Golden Flashes shocked them on Saturday. Arizona State is a far better team then Kent State, and if Texas had issues with Kent State.... You get the general idea)

Oregon State at Vanderbilt (Vandy has been good all season and I don't see why it doesn't stop here)

Stanford at North Carolina (It's a nice break for the Cardinal to get out of Fullerton, but the bad thing is that North Carolina is a much better team)

UC Irvine at Virginia (There's a reason why the Cavs are the top overall seed and they will prove that with their signature dominating pitching against the Anteaters)

Dallas Baptist vs. California at Santa Clara (This one has me torn. On one side is Dallas Baptist, an indy program who is only in their 2nd NCAA tourny. You have to go back to the glory days of Miami of Florida to see an Independent program be successful in baseball. Cal, on the other hand, is dropping baseball after this season and what a scene it would be for Cal fans to see their baseball team take their last hurrahs at TD Ameritrade Park? Won't be a dry eye in that house for sure... But, I see DBU's offense taking the series and ending Cal's program in the process)

Texas A&M at Florida State (Blame the weather for making these two teams wait to see who is better... Hint: That team has a spear for a logo)

UConn at South Carolina (UConn may have the worst luck of any of the remaining teams. They come back and knock out Clemson and keep hopes alive for the Northeast (Hell, for college baseball fans above the Mason-Dixon line)... only to run headlong into the defending champs. Nice knowing you, Huskies)

And the Arizona State Sun Devils are your 2011 College Softball World Series Champions!

While I will admit that ASU was clearly the better team than us this year, I'm trying hard not to puke right now.

Whatever, we'll be back next year. Title #9 will be in Tucson sooner than #3 in Tempe.

Archived