Miami Heat Rebrand

AAO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you're trying to do here. But:

- Not sure if I like the colors for Miami.

- I like what you're doing with the ball logo, but I think it needs something more. I don't know if a 'M' or 'H' would be cheesy or not

- Not sure if I like the font for the wordmark

- I really like the ball-palm tree logo, but I think both outlines should have the same thickness as each other.

I know it looks like I think there's a lot to work on, but I think you've got a great start on this.

The logos are absolutely fantastic - very thoughtful modern updates of the current set. That being said, there's a number of areas where this concept falls short for me. For one, I can't say I'm a fan of that olive green color. It clashes badly with the shade of red you used, and it doesn't really go with the team name. Maybe yellow would work better? I also don't really like the wordmark. It seems a little too thin and wispy compared to the current one, and it definitely needs to retain the "flame T." Finally, the uniforms are good but a bit boring. I've always wanted to see a flame-based design for the Heat, and your logo would go really well with that. All in all, though, it's a solid concept with excellent presentation. Well done.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's not necessarily a bad concept, but no part of it is better than what they have now. Their current logo is not good (the previous version with the gradient was much better) but this one just isn't as refined in the forms. The text is soulless compared to their current jersey lettering. I like the colors you chose and I think they go well together, but they are probably better suited for the Bucks than the Heat (it looks like red and olive green). Red and charcoal grey might work, if you're looking for something new. The uniform design looks like a recycled Nike college template. It's a clean, simple (albeit maybe a little bit arbitrary) design, but again, I think there's something better for the Heat.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I have to agree with everything Andrew said here. Its definitely not your most inspired work, and even the final product shows that you weren't 100% behind this one. The ball with the flame behind it is much more suited for baseball as it would represent a heater being thrown by the pitcher, in basketball this would resemble a pass. The previous logo had the ball going through the hoop, so they were scoring on a trey. Get back to the drawing board on this one. You know you can do better.

Change the Olive Green to gray and this is perfect.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Thicken up the lines inside the ball (or reduce the outside line thickness) and make the curves more consistent on the update and you're laughin. Not sure if I like the update or the original better...

Nice to see some AAO stuff again.

It's ok, but I like how in the real Heat logo, the ball seems to be falling at an angle like a real shot would. In yours it seems to be flying horizontally, which Im sure was intentional, but it seems more like a baseball would move than a basketball.

In the real Heat logo, I love the A's. It's what makes the wordmark and jerseys good to me. I wish you would use the same A and maybe thicker letters.

The Palm Tree logo is good. I like it.

The logo is good but I agree that there should be some yellow on the uniform too, and not just turning the ball yellow on the little palm tree logo on the back. I also don't get why the logo has yellow in it but on the shorts it doesn't.

I think you should use yellow somewhere, it feel really "Raptors" to me with only red/black/white.

I really like the palm tree logo.

Archived