Best defunct team logo

Chawls

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reminds me of this:

soccer_pic1.jpg

one of my fav soccer logo around.

Interesting that the logo has the sword in the left hand, and the statue actually has the sword in his right hand.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5255.gif

100% agree. This was a sick-looking logo.

Easily the BEST XFL logo.

Who owns the XFL logos now?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Who owns the XFL logos now?

The trademark protection for the Birmingham Bolts logo that featured a stylized depiction of the "Birmingham Bolts" word-mark surrounded by six radiating lightning bolts is currently owned by Richard Shea III. He is listed as using it in connection with the promotion of "entertainment in the nature of softball games". He had previously held the trademark rights to the Bolts logo that featured a stylized "B" surrounded by six radiating lightning bolts, doing so from June of 2007 until January of 2008.

As for the remaining XFL team logos, trademark protection for all of them was abandoned on various dates between May 13, 2001 and November 8, 2001. They are all listed as DEAD in the USPTO on-line database.

Interestingly enough, the trademark rights to the wordmark XFL are listed as LIVE at the USPTO on-line database. Said trademark was filed on February 2, 2009 and published for opposition on June 9, 2009. The owner? XFL, LLC, with a listed address at 1241 East Main Street in Stamford, Connecticut... the same address as World Wrestling Entertainment.

While the best "defunct" logo is the Whalers, another favorite of mine is the Michigan Stags.

It is certainly very 1970s, but I think it is quite clever in its simplicity.

66le4b7hfai4kuee2zmt6fu3d.gif

Hiding the "M" in the legs is kinda clever, but leaves it one leg short.

reminds me of this:

soccer_pic1.jpg

Interesting that the logo has the sword in the left hand, and the statue actually has the sword in his right hand.

Where is this logo from?

reminds me of this:

soccer_pic1.jpg

Where is this logo from?

It was the logo for Jeff Coooper's ultimately failed St. Louis MLS bid in 2009. On that note, Jeff Cooper's subsequent failed D2 side AC St. Louis had a pretty sharp logo IMO:

ACSTL.png

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is HSBC Arena now a Coca-cola venue?

Unfortunately. I hate coca-cola. Pepsi is way better.

However, so long as the arena has a Tim Horton's stand for me to get coffee on my break during games, then I'm set.

bufg.png

Gotta admit .. this one that 'DC' posted for the old Washington Senators is brilliant!!

1380.gif

WTF is going on with his face?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. What's up with his eyebrow area?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived