Best defunct team logo

Chawls

Who owns the XFL logos now?

The trademark protection for the Birmingham Bolts logo that featured a stylized depiction of the "Birmingham Bolts" word-mark surrounded by six radiating lightning bolts is currently owned by Richard Shea III. He is listed as using it in connection with the promotion of "entertainment in the nature of softball games". He had previously held the trademark rights to the Bolts logo that featured a stylized "B" surrounded by six radiating lightning bolts, doing so from June of 2007 until January of 2008.

As for the remaining XFL team logos, trademark protection for all of them was abandoned on various dates between May 13, 2001 and November 8, 2001. They are all listed as DEAD in the USPTO on-line database.

Interestingly enough, the trademark rights to the wordmark XFL are listed as LIVE at the USPTO on-line database. Said trademark was filed on February 2, 2009 and published for opposition on June 9, 2009. The owner? XFL, LLC, with a listed address at 1241 East Main Street in Stamford, Connecticut... the same address as World Wrestling Entertainment.

So (hypothetically) I can use that demon logo for whatever I want without risk of getting sued?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who owns the XFL logos now?

The trademark protection for the Birmingham Bolts logo that featured a stylized depiction of the "Birmingham Bolts" word-mark surrounded by six radiating lightning bolts is currently owned by Richard Shea III. He is listed as using it in connection with the promotion of "entertainment in the nature of softball games". He had previously held the trademark rights to the Bolts logo that featured a stylized "B" surrounded by six radiating lightning bolts, doing so from June of 2007 until January of 2008.

As for the remaining XFL team logos, trademark protection for all of them was abandoned on various dates between May 13, 2001 and November 8, 2001. They are all listed as DEAD in the USPTO on-line database.

Interestingly enough, the trademark rights to the wordmark XFL are listed as LIVE at the USPTO on-line database. Said trademark was filed on February 2, 2009 and published for opposition on June 9, 2009. The owner? XFL, LLC, with a listed address at 1241 East Main Street in Stamford, Connecticut... the same address as World Wrestling Entertainment.

So (hypothetically) I can use that demon logo for whatever I want without risk of getting sued?

.... it would seem.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'm extremely partial to the Minnesota North Stars' logo, and I also loved the NHL Colorado Rockies' logo. Both were very good.

Too bad that jerk Norm Greene kept the name Stars when he moved the North Stars to Dallas. He could have renamed them the Lone Stars and then Minnesota could have had the North Stars instead of Wild when the NHL returned to the North Star State.

I'm extremely partial to the Minnesota North Stars' logo, and I also loved the NHL Colorado Rockies' logo. Both were very good.

Too bad that jerk Norm Greene kept the name Stars when he moved the North Stars to Dallas. He could have renamed them the Lone Stars and then Minnesota could have had the North Stars instead of Wild when the NHL returned to the North Star State.

Teams with similar names worked in the era of black and white tv and segregation because branding wasn't all that important. No way was it going to fly in the late 20th/early 21st century. The North Stars are now the Stars and all the North Stars history and logos belong to Dallas. The name Wild does suck, but at least the logo is ten kinds of awesome, so quit complaining.

I've always liked this one:

clash.png

Sharif don't like it.

Haha!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

1453.gif

Most of the RHI logos were hideous. But I thought the Rockin Rollers were creative. Could just be that I remember going to a Rockin Rollers game when I was a kid.

It's Jon Stewart with Silvio Dante's hair!

70389454.png

Gotta admit .. this one that 'DC' posted for the old Washington Senators is brilliant!!

1380.gif

WTF is going on with his face?

I think they're Ben Frankiln-type specs.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

IMG_3060.JPG

Omaha Knights of the AHL, affiliate of the Flames from 2005-07.

(Thanks for the pic, Bmac)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived