Best defunct team logo

Chawls

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta admit .. this one that 'DC' posted for the old Washington Senators is brilliant!!

1380.gif

WTF is going on with his face?

I think they're Ben Frankiln-type specs.

I get that they're Ben Franklin specs. But why do they seem to be poking him in the eye? And why does the bridge of the glasses go under the Senator's nose? And why does that nose seem to be on the Senator's forehead? And why is his eyebrow vertical? Is it to make up for his ears, which seem to be horizontal? And not even remotely ear-shaped? And why is his head in the shape of an inverted triangle?

This is a cool concept that could be cleaned up and made into a great logo, but it currently just leaves me feeling creeped out.

9zt534ipbfprlfs2vsqfugw41.gif

That's got to be my favorite not-in-use logo. So much better than the overly-busy revised version.

clzty1tgf8glzas62fq6fyphr.gif

Didn't need any of that. Didn't need the dark outline, and the silver muddies up a fantastic use of negative space. I think negative space works best in a simple design (think the FedEx arrow).

A simple white outline is all the original needs to look good against a dark background.

800px-HartfordWhalersBanners.jpg

I don't care about arena issues, market size, overlap with at least three other hockey teams' territories, corporate support, any of that. I want the Hartford Whalers back just so this logo can be brought back to the ice.

HartfordWhalersMask.jpg

lrg_Orlando_Thunder.gif

C'MON anybody agree with me here? Orlando Thunder---SO DOPE!! :-)

Yes! LOVED the lime green jerseys too. Great uniforms.

bell.jpg

AMEN!!!! WE CAN'T BE THE ONLY TWO WHO LIKE EM?!?

You're not. Go back to the last page and look at post #96.

gYH2mW9.png

The Mighty Ducks

1.gif

Classic Bullets

emb4en3mu4f9hr0hhhkfkapxc.gif

My beloved Mysticks. The Owners wanted to have a theme that was regional, used Mystics from our Mardi Gras celebrations but made it a dragon..

mobile_mystics_1998.gif

Though they aren't defunct, I loved this logo before they let Beckham run the team and change everything about the club.

1555.gif

Archived