NBA Finals 2011

JoseJames

So glad they didn't put the Trophy behind the center court logo. That was beyond cheesy.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't why the heck they don't put trophy logo behind center logo anymore. that was ill.

second year without that I think...

Allegedly, too many players complained about how the big trophy logo creates a blight bewteen the headlights and their eyes, especially during fastbreaks. Not to mention some players couldn't see where the halfway line was, running the risk of a backcourt violation. So the NBA took off the logo for last year's title series.

Besides, to me, it was just too loud. Just the Finals cursive logo is fine with me.

I found some Finals logos from 1999 and 2001:

1999 Primary Mark - gradient version:

NBAFinals1999_PML1a_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

1999 Primary Mark - metallic alternate version:

NBAFinals1999_PML2a_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

1999 Secondary Mark:

NBAFinals1999_SEL1a_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

2001 Primary Mark:

NBAFinals2001_PML1a_2001_SOL_SRGB.png

2001 Partial Mark:

NBAFinals2001_PAR1a_2001_SOL_SRGB.png

Do you have any generic logos of the two versions? These are freaking SWEET!!! Reminds me of the Bulls' 3-peat II and the Lakers' 3-peat.

Btw, just a hunch, but I bet Miami doesn't wear their black uni's at all this series.

Just basing that off the pic of Wade and Haslem and the fact they only wore the red's last time they were in the Finals

considering they alternate road uniforms only after losses, i'm hoping your hunch is on point.

and miami did wear their black uniforms in 2006 - game 2

aahd164_8x10-2006finals-game2du_crop_340x234.jpg

hollywoodp.jpg

does somebody have a little bigger picture of that golden ball logo? i never had a good picture of that but from far away it looks very ugly.

this is my favourite finals jersey patch..

g_c91d_1.JPG

spacer.png

Btw, just a hunch, but I bet Miami doesn't wear their black uni's at all this series.

Just basing that off the pic of Wade and Haslem and the fact they only wore the red's last time they were in the Finals

considering they alternate road uniforms only after losses, i'm hoping your hunch is on point.

and miami did wear their black uniforms in 2006 - game 2

aahd164_8x10-2006finals-game2du_crop_340x234.jpg

Ah, I stand corrected.

90758391980.gif

I may be the only one, but I still think that the NBA champ should wear the trophy patch the following season. Not all of the players will have played on the previous season's championship team, but I like the idea of the "come and get us" patch.

I may be the only one, but I still think that the NBA champ should wear the trophy patch the following season. Not all of the players will have played on the previous season's championship team, but I like the idea of the "come and get us" patch.

I wouldn't mind that. I also like what the Giants are doin by wearing a patch all season. I seem to remember many on here don't like that, but like u said I like the idea of saying "come and get us" to the rest of the league. If I'm ever alive for a DC championship I want them to milk that s*** for as long as they can.

90758391980.gif

I don't have any pics, but it looks like the numbers and wordmarks on the players' warmup shirts are outlined in and colored gold, respectively (for both teams). I think the names-on-back on those warmups might have some gold, too. I'm assuming this is specifically for the Finals. This is new to me... has this been done before?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I don't have any pics, but it looks like the numbers and wordmarks on the players' warmup shirts are outlined in and colored gold, respectively (for both teams). I think the names-on-back on those warmups might have some gold, too. I'm assuming this is specifically for the Finals. This is new to me... has this been done before?

This ones?

p10433651dt.jpg

p10433656dt.jpg

I don't why the heck they don't put trophy logo behind center logo anymore. that was ill.

second year without that I think...

LeBron James just tweeted this:

Watching Finals game from 08' Loved the trophy on the jersey's and under the logo at half court

Archived