Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

With the Memorial Cup just ending, teams are starting to announce changes for the 2011-2012 season. So far we have:

The List:

Victoria Royals jerseys and logo

Blansville-Boisbriand Armada logo and uniforms

Ottawa 67's new home jersey (no word if the black with barberpole sleeves will stay as alternates or be dropped)

Victoriaville new black alternate

Val D'or new green uniform, possible uniform set change

Gatineau changing their colours back to black/grey/white. No word on changes to the uniform design yet

Shawinigan new alternate jersey (Retro uniform, white version of the 2008 alternate with Dynamos and Bruins logos)

Owen Sound Attack Logo and Uniform makeover (Mercury;s jersey dropped, tribute uniforms to be worn this season)

Possible Drummondville make-over

Lewiston folds (unused jerseys leaked)

Oshawa 75th logo (possible special event uniforms)

Saginaw 10th logo (special event uniforms TBR)

Cape Breton 15th logo

Victoriaville 25th logo

Kamloops 30th logo (special event uniforms possible)

Possible replacement of the Reebok vector logo on all CHL jerseys.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewiston being bought up by the league makes me very sad, I don't know all the reasons just yet but most likely has to do with travel issues seeing as how they are the only QMJHL team in the US. The owner also has been trying to get the team out of Lewiston for the last 3 years

Lewiston being bought up by the league makes me very sad, I don't know all the reasons just yet but most likely has to do with travel issues seeing as how they are the only QMJHL team in the US. The owner also has been trying to get the team out of Lewiston for the last 3 years

They had an agreement to move the two last season or the season before, but Montreal nixed the move due to territory issues...truely sad. If they're granting a team to Sherbrooke, I don't understand why they wouldn't just move the team instead of dissolving it.

They had an agreement to move the two last season or the season before, but Montreal nixed the move due to territory issues...truely sad. If they're granting a team to Sherbrooke, I don't understand why they wouldn't just move the team instead of dissolving it.

From what I've read in the French papers, the arena in Sherbrooke isn't ready yet, but Mark Just and the Maineiacs couldn't afford playing another season in Maine while they wait to move to Sherbrooke, so the franchise dissolved. I don't know why the Q didn't just pull a Gary Bettman and buy the team, run it for a final year, and then move it BACK to Sherbrooke.

I know a few people in the organization though, I'm going to try to get pics of what would have been the new uniforms...

I'll definately miss that team, been following them for years and they were a good club, but they were doomed from the get-go with their original ownership and piss-poor marketing in Maine...

From what I've read in the French papers, the arena in Sherbrooke isn't ready yet, but Mark Just and the Maineiacs couldn't afford playing another season in Maine while they wait to move to Sherbrooke, so the franchise dissolved. I don't know why the Q didn't just pull a Gary Bettman and buy the team, run it for a final year, and then move it BACK to Sherbrooke.

I know a few people in the organization though, I'm going to try to get pics of what would have been the new uniforms...

I'll definately miss that team, been following them for years and they were a good club, but they were doomed from the get-go with their original ownership and piss-poor marketing in Maine...

After checking their stats, they were a very good club, (heck, they won a title) and their identity was oe of the most unique in all of sports. It's a shame that it's all just going to be dissolved instead of carried on in a new market.

With Sherbrooke coming back, who thinks they'll re-activate the Castors mantle? Seeing as Lewiston relocated from Sherbrooke, I don't see why they couldn't take the name back. It's a shame they wouldn't do as you said, run the team one year in Lewiston (or even suspend operations and move the club to presevere it's history) and then re-relocate to Sherbrooke for 2012-2013.

If you're able to get any pics of their un-used uniforms that would be incredible.

The reason why the QMJHL didn't pull a Bettman and buy the team and run it for a year was two-fold.

1) The cost of operating a lame duck team would have been high.

2) Mostly because the Maineiacs were built to win this year (2011-12), so when the team was moved back to Sherbrooke, all that would have been left were castoffs, fringe players and little in the way of young talent and draft picks. Sherbrooke is better off starting up as an expansion team where they will have all their draft picks and will be picking first in the draft, something a relocated Maineiacs team wouldn't have. Better shot at getting young talent to build a team (and fanbase) around.

Sad to see the team go though, always enjoyed watching them play against the Mooseheads.

If you're able to get any pics of their un-used uniforms that would be incredible.

Incredible is what I do...

Big thanks to user "BBManiacs" at the Lewiston fan boards for the pics.

Not my favourite jerseys, but I do like that road-white one... I have higher resolution ones if Zer0 needs them... Photobucket shrinks the images when I host them...

HOME:

Maineiacs_home_2011-2012.jpg

ROAD:

Maineiacs_road_2011-2012.jpg

THIRD:

Maineiacs_third_2011-2012.jpg

Incredible is what I do...

Big thanks to user "BBManiacs" at the Lewiston fan boards for the pics.

Not my favourite jerseys, but I do like that road-white one... I have higher resolution ones if Zer0 needs them... Photobucket shrinks the images when I host them...

HOME:

ROAD:

THIRD:

And they made just enough for all of us to be able to buy one, right? Right?

once my password is up, I have a ton of updates including:

The maineiacs unused white (still working on making the other two logos look good.)

Baie Comeau's complete history

Beauport

Saint John Fog Devils

St. Hyacynthe Laser

montreal rocket

older acadie bathurst titan, plus other Titans stuff

nanaimo islanders

kelowna red wings

winnipeg warriors

winnipeg monarchs

new westminster bruins

fixed up owen sound uniforms

hamilton steelhawks

Kingston raiders

and the Saint john Seadog's uniforms with the Memorial Cup patch for their victory

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles draft picks are wearing the grey alternates from last season, but the Reebok logos on the front right chest and in the back below the collar are also the "Reebok" script logo and not the standard vector logo. It looks weird. There are pictures of it the Eagles official Facebook page.

EDIT: Someone just posted it as I was typing this. Oh well.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived