Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

The pre-Edge London Knights identity was almost good enough to be an NHL team.

Not really about uniforms, but I don't see a general major-junior talk thread: why was the Lewiston-to-Sherbrooke move bungled the way it was? Why wasn't Sherbrooke ready to take on a team in time for this season? It's just kind of clunky to fold the Maineiacs (ugh), wait a year, and make an expansion team for Sherbrooke, especially when the Maineiacs (ugh) were the Castors in a previous life anyway. You'd think they could've whipped something up. I mean, CHL teams move like every year.

The move to Sherbrooke had to do with the arena. They need to do some renovations and there was already a team in the senior league playing at the Palais des Sports. With two teams playing over 60 games at the arena, the time to work on it was restricted. In a strange turn of events, the Sherbrooke senior team moved to a nearby town and the arena will be empty for the whole winter.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oshawa will be wearing TWO sweaters this year to commemorate their 75th. The first will feature this logo, on a full red jersey with white only stripes. (Vector logo on the front) The photo I have was only released to the local newspaper, and not published on the team webpage.

generalsretro-fied.gif

The other uniform will also be inspired by past Generals uniforms.

EDIT: http://www.oshawaexpress.ca/viewposting.php?view=1717

The second uniform will be a black and gold uniform

The Winterhawks had player portraits taken on Wednesday, and it appears they have their delivery of new "Reebok" wordmark jerseys... Or at least one generic for all the players to share!

308773_262153343809598_131186920239575_967621_3851339_n.jpg

I can't link the image right now but the Peterborough Petes' are displaying images on their facebook page showing a few players in "REEBOK" branded jerseys handing out season ticket packages to a few lucky subscribers.

From what I've been told only Authentic jerseys are going to be re-branded while all replica's will remain with the old vector (and over time be phased out). Keep in mind that I was told this in relation to the NHL, CHL could be a little different.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think more teams than not are wearing the Reebok wording this year. In the OHL, I know I have seen Sudbury, Windsor and Kitchener with the wording. I don't know for sure if anybody else is, but I'm sure there are more.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

To add to the 'they're still wearing the old jerseys in pre-season play', Saint John are wearing the sweaters they had on during the Memorial Cup, with the Cup patches on them

http://www.saintjohnseadogs.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/2564

Is it worth updating all the uniforms on the webpage just for the vector change? Or should we just change it when a new uniform comes along?

To add to the 'they're still wearing the old jerseys in pre-season play', Saint John are wearing the sweaters they had on during the Memorial Cup, with the Cup patches on them

http://www.saintjohn...gallery/id/2564

Is it worth updating all the uniforms on the webpage just for the vector change? Or should we just change it when a new uniform comes along?

Makes more sense that way.

Rumor going around is that Seattle will be getting an alternate jersey this season. Here's hoping for a green one.

Probably not. If your going to update because of the vector script, you might as well make changes for the old CCM, Bauer and Nike. So theirs no point.

Probably not. If your going to update because of the vector script, you might as well make changes for the old CCM, Bauer and Nike. So theirs no point.

I disagree with that logic. If the point is to be ACCURATE, then YES, each change should be documented. As a game worn jersey collector, I use multiple sources for information and sportslogos.net is one that I will use. But if the information is intentionally left incomplete and inaccurate, then there's no point to use it as a reference.

Just my 2 cents...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

London just unveiled a new alternate. It looks Stunning. http://www.icethetics.info/storage/blog11/0901-lon-knights3rd.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1314945786759

Surprisingly enough it has the vector logo not the wordmark.

0901-lon-knights3rd.jpg

I'm not sure how much I like the gold in the logo, but the fact that it is the old logo makes up for that. Could use a bit more gold in the rest of the jersey. Great look overall.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Rumor going around is that Seattle will be getting an alternate jersey this season. Here's hoping for a green one.

Heh, it might be the old Plymouth Whalers' alt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I disagree with that logic. If the point is to be ACCURATE, then YES, each change should be documented. As a game worn jersey collector, I use multiple sources for information and sportslogos.net is one that I will use. But if the information is intentionally left incomplete and inaccurate, then there's no point to use it as a reference.

Just my 2 cents...

My thoughts exactly. I want to be as accurate as possible with the resources I/we have. To change that patch shouldn't be an issue, just ensuring proper colour and placement will be a pain.

Speaking of that, there is one other patch related change I have to look into. In the pre-EDGE era, at one point, the teams began wearing their league logo and manufacturer vector on the front of their uniforms, but I've never been able to nail down if this was CHL wide in a single season, or if each team made this change individually at different times. Does anyone have any information on that?

Just my 2 cents...

My thoughts exactly. I want to be as accurate as possible with the resources I/we have. To change that patch shouldn't be an issue, just ensuring proper colour and placement will be a pain.

Speaking of that, there is one other patch related change I have to look into. In the pre-EDGE era, at one point, the teams began wearing their league logo and manufacturer vector on the front of their uniforms, but I've never been able to nail down if this was CHL wide in a single season, or if each team made this change individually at different times. Does anyone have any information on that?

I don't know 100%, but here is what I confirm...

2011/12-Present- Reebok edge script

2009/10-2010/11- Rbk edge vector

2004/05-2008/09- Reebok vector

2003/04- CCM

Thats as much as I can confirm. This is more of an estimation but it is tougher to tell because I think it depended on the team because they change just about every year.

2001/02-2002/03- Nike

Late 1990's- 2000/01- Bauer

Hope most of this can help.

Heh, it might be the old Plymouth Whalers' alt.

I own that jersey and would love if Seattle used that as the basis for their alternate.

Archived