Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Americans jerseys are gorgeous.

Found this on Lethbridge's website. Not sure if it's been covered or not.

WhiteJerseys4526.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Lewiston being bought up by the league makes me very sad, I don't know all the reasons just yet but most likely has to do with travel issues seeing as how they are the only QMJHL team in the US. The owner also has been trying to get the team out of Lewiston for the last 3 years

I know. It sucks. I already miss the Maineiacs. Perhaps an expansion team in another minor league?

spacer.png

But, again I ask... What is up with the TBirds' crest? It's not an anniversary, is it? It's their 34th? Or 35th?

Not an anniversary, no.

So, here is a description of the crest. The usual bird head and then the banner across it reads "Thunderbirds". Beneath that are two crossed hockey sticks, H on one side and C on the other (hockey club) and then 4 tail feathers at the bottom logo. Each feather holds a letter spelling "KENT". I'm guessing this in the logo as the only place Kent is mentioned on the home and away jerseys is the patch on the shoulder which doesn't exist on these jerseys.

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/kentreporter/6180251778/sizes/z/in/photostream/

Better picture of the Royals jersey:

And a bit better image of the Thunderbirds jersey:

And apparently the Americans have a 3rd, but it's not an Edge jersey:

SPO_TC_Sept_24_11_5_JA4521.jpg

That one is new to me. It could be a once off jersey if it isn't an EDGE cut. We'll have to wait and see if the red alt shows up soon.

a9fb1267.jpg

Yup, that's Drummondville's template alright. Different font, but that's the first I can recall a custon template being copied by another team.

WhiteJerseys4526.jpg

I found and posted the new logo, we just haven't seen the jerseys yet. A few pages back it was reported that the 'Canes would be using the red jersey at home and dropping the blue. Last year they were running a contest to design a new alternate jersey (It was thought that because the Victoria team might be called the Capitals they would have to redesign, now we see that is false.)

I found and posted the new logo, we just haven't seen the jerseys yet. A few pages back it was reported that the 'Canes would be using the red jersey at home and dropping the blue. Last year they were running a contest to design a new alternate jersey (It was thought that because the Victoria team might be called the Capitals they would have to redesign, now we see that is false.)

I thought we knew that Leth's white jerseys were just going to be the same Caps jerseys as the red ones? Anyway, here's a photo:

c7a5293b.jpg

Any game pics of new 67s barberpole or attack jerseys?

Actually, for Ottawa, I found this story: http://www.bellevillebulls.com/article/bulls-edged-2-1-in-season-opener

The 67's are still in black, meaing it's either a photo from last year, or the barbpole uniforms are alternates this season,a nd they'll stick with the black jerseys for home/road.

here's some video of the new Owen SOund jerseys in action: http://www.attackhockey.com/video/index/id/a20a0932113c512bcc7c8f1d19a6dc91

Also, on opening night, Guelph broke out the Madhatters uniforms for another season.

I thought we knew that Leth's white jerseys were just going to be the same Caps jerseys as the red ones? Anyway, here's a photo:

You never know though, we didn't know if they would have any stars like the last set, or if they would change teh colour patterns(see Chillwacks EDGE jerseys versus Pittsburghs. Same cut and colour, but they swapped teh colour panels.) The font is also completely different and inverted from what Washington wears. With the photo provided, I can mock up their new set.

Something that you guys might be able to help me with:

It's a rare pre-EDGE gatineau jersey, wearing orange before they made it their home colour for two years. I found these photos, but can't tell for the life of me what template it is, or if it's a custom template. Any ideas?

gatidp20.jpg

06-07GatineauLimitedEdition.jpg

Here's all I can help with

gatineau_olympiques_2007-08_front.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived