Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still baffles me that the CHL didn't just use the neck fabric for the league logo a la the NHL. It would've freed up alot of clutter on the front of the jersey. So that the captian's "C" or "A" isn't basically on their shoulders

The WHL league logo (or the OHL and QMJHL, for that matter) are a little too detailed to be shrunk down that small. The shield works perfectly for the NHL on the collar fabric.

Also, Seattle's whites still have the vector meaning that both of their regular jerseys are still the old jerseys. Wonder why that is. My guess is financial.

It still baffles me that the CHL didn't just use the neck fabric for the league logo a la the NHL. It would've freed up alot of clutter on the front of the jersey. So that the captian's "C" or "A" isn't basically on their shoulders

The WHL league logo (or the OHL and QMJHL, for that matter) are a little too detailed to be shrunk down that small. The shield works perfectly for the NHL on the collar fabric.

Also, Seattle's whites still have the vector meaning that both of their regular jerseys are still the old jerseys. Wonder why that is. My guess is financial.

That would be my guess as well. Junior hockey clubs don't always have extra cash to spend on new jersey sets each season. They'd have to get as much life as possible out of the old ones before switching.

Here's a photo I found of Swift Current that highlights this issue. Their captain is on the right with the old style jersey, alternate captain on the left with the new style jersey. New placement for the "C", Reebok script and new collar.

http://whl.uploads.mrx.ca/swift-current/images/en/gallery/2011/10/Cougars%20Oct%2012th%201292931.JPG

Blainville Boisbriand Armada Pink in the Rink jerseys

139041401.yBME61Nt.VE1110210394.jpg

Credit to Vincent Ethier Photography

It's... BEAUTIFUL! :shocked:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Knights warmup jerseys:

14728i7_20.jpeg55377nc_20.jpeg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Calgary's outdoor game jerseys make transition to alternate? From last night's game versus Swift:

<picture of Calgary jersey>

Guess they're doing what Pittsburgh did with theirs? Must have been a lot of demand for that jersey... it is a nice one!

Apparently, those were their "pink" jerseys for breast cancer as they were auctioned off after being worn.

Something cool I noticed today while searching for a picture of the 67's barberpole jersey.

http://ottawa67sauction.com/products/?category=5

See that in the top right? I rendered that jersey :)

Isn't it weird how so many teams just suddenly started using the #97 in promo materials featuring a uniform graphic? Strange coincidence

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I love the Blades jerseys except for the pants. The black/navy/whatever it is doesn't work with the royal blue.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Olympiques jerseys look bad. Something of note is that it lacks the hem stripe that that Kings have.

296778_196571110416190_100001899064320_502540_1905326858_n.jpg

In contrast, the Armada's jerseys look stunning.

303817_196577530415548_100001899064320_502581_1913344964_n.jpg

Comparison:

308007_196577047082263_100001899064320_502578_212379776_n.jpg

PHOTO CREDIT: DENNIS SWANN

I agree, the Armada jerseys are great while the Olympiques jerseys are just horrble, a major fail by Gatineau with that.

Archived