Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm related to Bob Boughner, part owner of the Windsor Spitfires and apparently there's been alot of talk in the past year or so of adding an OHL franchise in Chatham, ON. I would assume they would take the Maroons name. Also talk of a team in Thunder Bay. Whether both are expansion or relocation I'm not sure. Wouldn't happen until atleast next year though.

sig.png

That Tigres jersey is awesome. I don't care if it is copied from the Boston jersey (like Kingston in the O) it's still beautiful.I would also by that Foreurs jersey in a heartbeat. I wish more CHL teams sold blank authentics. Some of the replies I have received make it seem like I am the first person to ask about purchasing one.

The Foreurs may be changing to green fulltime. The Q media guide has their old logo seen on that jersey listed as the primary. I had thought it was a mistake, but seeing the jersey I'm pretty certain.

A few anniversaries for this upcoming season:

Oshawa is having it's 75th season, kicking things off against the Soo: http://www.oshawagenerals.com/article/generals-75th-anniversary-schedule-released

The logo has the old Generals logo in it, perhaps a hint the Gens will be bringing out some older uniforms for the season.

Saginaw will be celebrating their 10th year in Saginaw (They could also do the franchise 35th if they chose) http://www.saginawspirit.com/article/celebrate-ten-years-of-saginaw-spirit-hockey

?We want to invite our fans and the entire region to continue to Catch the Spirit with our new year ten logo. The year ten logo features the Spirit eagle backed by ?wings? forming a the roman numeral ?X? to signify ten years of Spirit hockey, and will be featured in a full color version and a commemorative black and silver version?, stated Goslin, ?The year ten logo is consistent with the Spirit brand while at the same time it provides a powerful connection to the excitement and passion that our region has experienced during our first nine years of Spirit hockey.

?The new logo is the fifth incarnation of the Spirit brand in addition to the three primary logos that we have used?, Goslin said. The Spirit will have tenth year logo merchandise and jersey?s ready to sell at the State Street Spirit Store by the middle of August."

I only know if two logos they use, the Saginaw Eagle and the Spirit Eagle, I've seen a shoulder patch with a half leaf half star, but only rarely. I'm interested to see what the jerseys will look like and the silver commemorative logo

A few anniversaries for this upcoming season:

Oshawa is having it's 75th season, kicking things off against the Soo: http://www.oshawagenerals.com/article/generals-75th-anniversary-schedule-released

The logo has the old Generals logo in it, perhaps a hint the Gens will be bringing out some older uniforms for the season.

Saginaw will be celebrating their 10th year in Saginaw (They could also do the franchise 35th if they chose) http://www.saginawspirit.com/article/celebrate-ten-years-of-saginaw-spirit-hockey

?We want to invite our fans and the entire region to continue to Catch the Spirit with our new year ten logo. The year ten logo features the Spirit eagle backed by ?wings? forming a the roman numeral ?X? to signify ten years of Spirit hockey, and will be featured in a full color version and a commemorative black and silver version?, stated Goslin, ?The year ten logo is consistent with the Spirit brand while at the same time it provides a powerful connection to the excitement and passion that our region has experienced during our first nine years of Spirit hockey.

?The new logo is the fifth incarnation of the Spirit brand in addition to the three primary logos that we have used?, Goslin said. The Spirit will have tenth year logo merchandise and jersey?s ready to sell at the State Street Spirit Store by the middle of August."

I only know if two logos they use, the Saginaw Eagle and the Spirit Eagle, I've seen a shoulder patch with a half leaf half star, but only rarely. I'm interested to see what the jerseys will look like and the silver commemorative logo

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles also celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2011-2012

news-15th4105.jpg

I don't know how other Victoria, BC WHL fans are on here but is anyone else getting rather pissed at the new team and their lack of name? It's been well over 4 weeks now and all we hear from the team is "in the coming weeks". That's been going on for 3 weeks now. I know the rumors are Royals but it would be nice to have a name and logo already. Is this something normal in the CHL or any other leagues for that matter? I am personally losing interest in the team because of this.

I don't know how other Victoria, BC WHL fans are on here but is anyone else getting rather pissed at the new team and their lack of name? It's been well over 4 weeks now and all we hear from the team is "in the coming weeks". That's been going on for 3 weeks now. I know the rumors are Royals but it would be nice to have a name and logo already. Is this something normal in the CHL or any other leagues for that matter? I am personally losing interest in the team because of this.

It's not like they don't have a month or two to sort all this out. Relax. Go outside, it's gorgeous out there.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's not like they don't have a month or two to sort all this out. Relax. Go outside, it's gorgeous out there.

lol Oh I have...I'm just reading the team's Facebook page and there are a lot of people on there who are just as frustrated.

lol Oh I have...I'm just reading the team's Facebook page and there are a lot of people on there who are just as frustrated.

yea im a bit annoyed but more out of interest then frustration. im more excited for the season to start so i can go watch a game at save-on. its going to be a great arena for the whl

usually the draft day photos reveal a bunch of new alternates coming down the pipes. Last season, Sarnia was the first team to reveal their alternate at the draft.

Some updates once I get access the the uploader:

Fixed the Red Deer Rebels uniforms and mocked up some older ones

Billings Bighorns

Almost complete set for the Prince Albert Raiders, and finally found sources for their Canada jerseys from the 2010 Torch Run.

St. Jean Lynx

Granby Bisons

yea im a bit annoyed but more out of interest then frustration. im more excited for the season to start so i can go watch a game at save-on. its going to be a great arena for the whl

Victoria Royals -- see the logo and my investigation here: http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/06/08/is-this-the-new-victoria-whl-team-name-and-logo/

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I'm not too keen on the logo but I will hold judgement until I see the colours. Great find though.

Victoria Royals -- see the logo and my investigation here: http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/06/08/is-this-the-new-victoria-whl-team-name-and-logo/

Not too keen on the logo but I will reserve judgement until we see the colours. Great find though and I'm glad the team is called the Royals (even though I voted for Capitals)...I'm not sure how Marty the Marmot feels about all of this if the are using a lion as a logo.

HUGE update to the site tonight while I enjoy the lightning storm. Check the update list here:http://www.sportslogos.net/updates.php

There were some issues with my files that prevented some of the other ones from being uploaded, but they'll come in time.

Thanks to CC for getting the uploader working again and for the detective work on the Victoria name. We'll have to wait and see what the colours are. CC also uncovered two new logos: a new alt logo for owen Sound, it's the roaring bear head under the Owen Sound block script.

Drummondville is apparently getting an alt logo as well. A stylized sword with a D on it. It doesn't really fit with their theme, they've been more of a colonial soldier theme with cannons, but this logo is more of a viking style sword, seems more like something that Baie Comeau would wear.

EDIT: saw the tweet on the front page about the WHL taking down a facebook post about the Royals name, looks like we hit it!

Archived