Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

Montreal Junior was sold and will move to the North Shore of Montreal in Boisbriand. I don't know if they will change the name, logos and jerseys.

If they are still within the Montreal suburban area I doubt they will. I don't know how far that area extends, if Laval considers itself part of Montreal's area or not. The team already had one move after only 3 years, another major move doesn't bode well for them if it's a far move.

Kind of funny, they blocked Lewiston moving two seasons ago to the area, and now themselves are moving after Lewiston is folded.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of funny, they blocked Lewiston moving two seasons ago to the area, and now themselves are moving after Lewiston is folded.

And on the same day that the franchise's previous home, St. John's, officially rejoined the AHL with the Moose moving there from Winnipeg.

With the Memorial Cup just ending, teams are starting to announce changes for the 2011-2012 season. So far we have:

The List:

Victoria TBD jerseys and logo

Ottawa 67's new home jersey (no word if the black with barberpole sleeves will stick)

Victoriaville new black alternate

Val D'or new green uniform, possible uniform set change

Lewiston folds (unused jerseys leaked)

Oshawa 75th logo (possible special event uniforms)

Saginaw 10th logo (special event uniforms TBR)

Cape Breton 15th logo

Possible replacement of the Reebok vector logo on all CHL jerseys.

http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/67-s-new-barber-pole-jersey-to-be-unveiled-friday

"The Ottawa 67?s will return to their roots next season by wearing the barber pole jersey/socks as their ?dark? uniform. The team was forced to temporarily switch from the barber pole to a solid colour prior to the start of the 2009-10 season when the OHL adopted the new Reebok EDGE jersey. At the time, 67?s Owner and Governor Jeff Hunt pledged that his team would return to the barber pole design as soon as it was technologically possible, and that time has now arrived."

Commissioner, V League

http://vleague.vetsson.net

With the Memorial Cup just ending, teams are starting to announce changes for the 2011-2012 season. So far we have:

The List:

Victoria TBD jerseys and logo

Ottawa 67's new home jersey (no word if the black with barberpole sleeves will stick)

Victoriaville new black alternate

Val D'or new green uniform, possible uniform set change

Lewiston folds (unused jerseys leaked)

Oshawa 75th logo (possible special event uniforms)

Saginaw 10th logo (special event uniforms TBR)

Cape Breton 15th logo

Possible replacement of the Reebok vector logo on all CHL jerseys.

http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/67-s-new-barber-pole-jersey-to-be-unveiled-friday

"The Ottawa 67?s will return to their roots next season by wearing the barber pole jersey/socks as their ?dark? uniform. The team was forced to temporarily switch from the barber pole to a solid colour prior to the start of the 2009-10 season when the OHL adopted the new Reebok EDGE jersey. At the time, 67?s Owner and Governor Jeff Hunt pledged that his team would return to the barber pole design as soon as it was technologically possible, and that time has now arrived."

That isn't on the list, but has been on the site for a month.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

If we can get them. I'm personally focused on uniforms since all my programs and such are Oshawa related. If members were to find materials to add to the site complete with dates they would be added for sure!

Montreal Junior was sold and will move to the North Shore of Montreal in Boisbriand. I don't know if they will change the name, logos and jerseys.

If they are still within the Montreal suburban area I doubt they will. I don't know how far that area extends, if Laval considers itself part of Montreal's area or not. The team already had one move after only 3 years, another major move doesn't bode well for them if it's a far move.

Laval is definitely not in Montreal. The metropolitan area of Montreal covers parts of the north shore, Jesus Island (Laval), the Montreal island and the south shore, but I can guarantee you that there's no way a team playing in Boisbriand, or even Laval, would use Montreal for the team name.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Laval is definitely not in Montreal. The metropolitan area of Montreal covers parts of the north shore, Jesus Island (Laval), the Montreal island and the south shore, but I can guarantee you that there's no way a team playing in Boisbriand, or even Laval, would use Montreal for the team name.

Is it any different than the Seattle Thunderbirds playing in Kent? I know the league wanted them to keep the Seattle name because of the recognition and also makes the market seem large. So Kent had to settle for a patch on shoulder of the jersey.

Is it any different than the Seattle Thunderbirds playing in Kent? I know the league wanted them to keep the Seattle name because of the recognition and also makes the market seem large. So Kent had to settle for a patch on shoulder of the jersey.

There has been teams in both Laval and Montreal at the same time in the Q, so I doubt the league would force a team to keep the Montreal moniker, especially if they played in Laval. Since Boisbriand is further up north, I don't see why the team would be called Montreal something.

I don't know the situation in Seattle, though. Is Kent far from Seattle? Boisbriand is probably 25km north of Montreal, but if you take in account that the Junior plays in Verdun, then it would be closer to 50-55km.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

There has been teams in both Laval and Montreal at the same time in the Q, so I doubt the league would force a team to keep the Montreal moniker, especially if they played in Laval. Since Boisbriand is further up north, I don't see why the team would be called Montreal something.

I don't know the situation in Seattle, though. Is Kent far from Seattle? Boisbriand is probably 25km north of Montreal, but if you take in account that the Junior plays in Verdun, then it would be closer to 50-55km.

It's about a 30 minute drive and that is with no traffic. I forgot that there were co-existing teams in the area, one with the Montreal name and one without. It just seems like that if a league can have a large city in the name of one of it's teams, it will, no matter how silly.

I guess it depends on the region. Mississauga and Brampton are large enough to be stand on their own without the need to put Toronto.

Same with Laval, or Longueuil on the south shore.

I'm surprised that the arena they will play in needs to be renovated to accommodate a Junior team. It's brand new, and Joel Bouchard actually has participated in the financing. You'd think that, since he made it clear he wanted a Junior team, the arena would fit the bill from the get go.

That being said, it's an awesome arena. It currently has 3200 seats for the main ice (there are 4 in the complex) and the ice quality is very good.

It's official! First the Maineiacs folding and now this? A lot of surprises in the Q at the very last minute...

Boisbriand Officially Welcomes Montreal Juniors

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565966

The Commissioner of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Gilles Courteau, today announced that a group of local businessmen led by former National Hockey League and QMJHL player as well as on-air personality Joel Bouchard has acquired the Montreal-based franchise.

Archived