Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

Simple, classy. Super huge crest aside, the Armada jerseys look really great.

The one thing I don't like is how the crest interrupts the black stripe on the white jersey. It should just be the inverse of the black jersey, like this:

Armada_mod.jpg

Not too often that you see a scheme that's just black first, white second, little-to-no usage of another color. It's a risky move but I think they pulled it off well here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like the new Attack jerseys. I like the design and I liked how they brought back the red jerseys (they used red when they were the Platers). Here are both of them.

http://www.attackhockey.com/article/big-news-day-for-attack

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Am I the only one that preferred their previous jerseys?

jx8rhyp38aiafrnoqeqiffzfo.gif

If it weren't for the stupid piping, it'd be great.

The design at the bottom seemed disconnected from everything else. If they are meant to represent the claws from the logo, they don't match up in any way possible. If they were meant to be scratch marks, Moncton does that way better, not that that is a good look either. I just never saw what it added to the jerseys. New design is much cleaner and, I think, works a lot better.

OHL version of Hornets-Jazz-Bobcats:

The Guelph Storm should give their name to Owen Sound, because "Owen Sound Storm" is alliterative and it is plausible that a storm would develop on a body of water.

The Owen Sound Attack, who moved from Guelph, should give their old nickname, the Platers, back to Guelph, so they can have their old name back and honor Guelph's...rich history of...electroplating.

No one should be called the "Attack" because it's a horrid name.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Both the old and new Attack jerseys are okay. Their newer stuff feels like a refreshing change, however. Besides, they've been using that flaming pattern on their jerseys for 10 years. That's long enough.

Am I the only one that preferred their previous jerseys?

jx8rhyp38aiafrnoqeqiffzfo.gif

If it weren't for the stupid piping, it'd be great.

Agreed 100%

I do prefer the bear head only logo though

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Kamloops celebrating their 30th with anniversary logo and retro jerseys:

To celebrate 30 years, the Blazers have introduced a new logo that will be placed at centre ice for the entire 2011-12 season. The Blazers will also be wearing vintage jerseys to commemorate the anniversary this season.

7e0c08c7.jpg

Looking up some of the Blazers historical stuff, I found a bunch of sources for uniforms to add to the site, thanks to their game worn jersey auction page: http://store.blazerhockey.com/home.php?cat=263&page=1

Most puzzling was the 2004-2005 page. I had seen both of those uniforms before, but didn't know they were the home and road sets for that single year. I had a source somewhere indicating they kept the gradient jersey after this year, but can't find it again. Very odd to have the two uniforms be so dramatically different: http://store.blazerhockey.com/home.php?cat=280

And of course, the super ugly Superhero jersey V2. This one has different name colouring than the previous year's, which matched the numbers:http://store.blazerhockey.com/home.php?cat=287

I'm working on the Owen Sound update. I had the greyscale version of the logo, the shoulder logos were used last year as a script logo.

I found an old VHS tape of a game between Sarnia and Toronto St. Mikes Majors from 2006/07. Noticed that Toronto had their 10th anniversary patch on those jersey's at the back on the stripes. Here is a pic of it that I found on the internet (of the patch on the shoulder of their alternates from that season).

Toronto St. Michael's Majors -  Bench

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived