Canadian Hockey League 2011-2012

zer0dotcom

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a hot streak for finding logos/jerseys that are not on the site. I found a really interesting Halifax Mooseheads alternate jersey on ebay (that isn't on the site. Here is a link with photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halifax-Mooseheads-30-Game-Worn-Jersey-RARE-3rd-QMJHL-/270795768856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f0caf8418#ht_783wt_883

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

On a hot streak for finding logos/jerseys that are not on the site. I found a really interesting Halifax Mooseheads alternate jersey on ebay (that isn't on the site. Here is a link with photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halifax-Mooseheads-30-Game-Worn-Jersey-RARE-3rd-QMJHL-/270795768856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f0caf8418#ht_783wt_883

Oh my god I've been looking for that forever ROFL

They wore them for a couple years after dumping them completely. The Moose had terrible luck in them. It came to the point where even an anti-superstionalist or rationalist would start wondering if the jerseys were indeed cursed. When you went to a game and they were wearing black you knew they were going to lose. I remember them debuting them in Moncton (which is weird - debuting a new jersey on the road). They won that game but I'm not sure if they won a single game afterwards wearing those jerseys. It's a shame because they were beautiful.

Almost missed the Q updates from a few days ago - nice to see the old Cape Breton jerseys get sorted out...

Don't forget the 15th anniversary logo coming next season! Hopefully a better resolution version is coming soon, this one is from the Screaming Eagles's site.

And the return of those beautiful third jerseys...

news-15th4105.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/kids-custom-sublimated-drifit-hockey-jerseys/r-ff8080812cf97120012cf9cd67c722bf.html

Most pre-seasons, the teams will wear last years uniforms and unveil new ones on opening night.It happened with the EDGE change over, and with a few OHL teams I've seen. They may very well keep the colours, we'll just need to see what opening night brings

The Winterhawks had player portraits taken on Wednesday, and it appears they have their delivery of new "Reebok" wordmark jerseys... Or at least one generic for all the players to share!

So I have to buy a new TBirds jersey this season? Consider arm twisted.

Yay! Looks like the Olympiques are keeping the colours, and only the logo at center ice is going the back to the 'ol B&W

http://www.olympiquesdegatineau.ca/article/un-manque-de-finition

Maybe but I wouldn't put too much stock into what they're wearing in the pre-season. Blainville are wearing practice jerseys and the Olympique are wearing the jerseys from last year. For all we know come opening week both Blainville and Gatineau will be debuting their new jerseys (Blainville for sure of course).

The Winterhawks had player portraits taken on Wednesday, and it appears they have their delivery of new "Reebok" wordmark jerseys... Or at least one generic for all the players to share!

308773_262153343809598_131186920239575_967621_3851339_n.jpg

The Sudbury Wolves have the same on their webpage, a player with a jersey that has the reebok wordmark instead of the vector. It would be nice if it is a full change over for all 59 teams, a few on the new uniforms for this year have the vector, while many old ones show the wordmark. (PEI had theirs at the draft!) It'll be a pain in the butt to change all 118 uniforms just for that wordmark

London needs to make up its mind. Are they going with the olde timey knight or the (superior, in my opinion) modernized knight? They should have just kept their pre-Edge set.

That aside, I do like the modernized knight in gold.

The pre-Edge London Knights identity was almost good enough to be an NHL team.

Not really about uniforms, but I don't see a general major-junior talk thread: why was the Lewiston-to-Sherbrooke move bungled the way it was? Why wasn't Sherbrooke ready to take on a team in time for this season? It's just kind of clunky to fold the Maineiacs (ugh), wait a year, and make an expansion team for Sherbrooke, especially when the Maineiacs (ugh) were the Castors in a previous life anyway. You'd think they could've whipped something up. I mean, CHL teams move like every year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived