2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

Camp opens up today and the Preseason is just a short two weeks away (All games broadcast on either TSN or TSN2)

So who ya got?

Can the rest of the East put a stop to Montreal's reign of terror? Will Saskatchewan find themselves in the big game once again only to have their plans get crushed by another cruel mistake? All of this will be answered over the next six months. Also could be the only Pro ball played in North American this year as well so we got that going for us.

Didn't want to dig up serial killer horses' thread

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a 2011 issue, but at the announcement of the 2012 Grey Cup (number 100) in Toronto the other day, Rob Ford's idiot brother (a bigger waste of space than Rob Ford himself if you can believe it) spent the entire time talking about how we wants to bring an NFL franchise to Toronto.

Really at the annoucement of the biggest event in Canadian football you spend your time talking about the NFL!?!? What a slap in the face of all the proud CFL fans, players and coaches. This idiot needs to be thrown over Niagara Falls.

1zqy8ok.gif

Not really a 2011 issue, but at the announcement of the 2012 Grey Cup (number 100) in Toronto the other day, Rob Ford's idiot brother (a bigger waste of space than Rob Ford himself if you can believe it) spent the entire time talking about how we wants to bring an NFL franchise to Toronto.

Really at the annoucement of the biggest event in Canadian football you spend your time talking about the NFL!?!? What a slap in the face of all the proud CFL fans, players and coaches. This idiot needs to be thrown over Niagara Falls.

Ah yes, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, the guys who think in order to be a "world-class" city, you have to have a NFL team?

I saw, I came, I left.

Riders have acquired the negotiation rights to Terrelle Pryor.

Link.

I don't think he's cut out for the CFL game. He'll probably end up at 3rd string like Chris Leak in Montreal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I have to confess I don't have a favorite CFL team really, but I *am* curious to see what the Ti-Cats are going to do this year. Since Mr. Lulu (forget his name, Bob something or other) bought them, I've heard he's taking a slow, deliberate approach to building them back into a perennial powerhouse... or has what I heard BS?

nav-logo.png

I have to confess I don't have a favorite CFL team really, but I *am* curious to see what the Ti-Cats are going to do this year. Since Mr. Lulu (forget his name, Bob something or other) bought them, I've heard he's taking a slow, deliberate approach to building them back into a perennial powerhouse... or has what I heard BS?

Bob Young. It's been a slow crawl back to respectability, but they're getting better.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Link.

I don't think he's cut out for the CFL game. He'll probably end up at 3rd string like Chris Leak in Montreal.

Well I guess he doesn't feel cut out for the CFL either, says his eyes are still on the NFL.

He's a tremendous talent but one year in the CFL couldn't hurt his chances. UFL probably helps more because it's the exact same game style as the NFL.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Bob Young. It's been a slow crawl back to respectability, but they're getting better.

With an emphasis on SLOW.... :P

I saw, I came, I left.

With an emphasis on SLOW.... :P

They've come a long way from 1-17 in 03.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Oh, THAT'S what he was doing! It looked to me more like somebody who had no clue what he was doing, making random hirings for the front office, and keeping his fingers crossed...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Link.

Well I guess he doesn't feel cut out for the CFL either, says his eyes are still on the NFL.

He's a tremendous talent but one year in the CFL couldn't hurt his chances. UFL probably helps more because it's the exact same game style as the NFL.

Terrelle Pryor strikes me as a complete immature idiot much like Maurice Clarett and Pacman Jones, who believed that they were too good for anything that wasn't the "NFL" and him turning down the Roughriders to go pursue a job in the NFL where he won't even sniff a starting role for quite some time is more proof of this. Not to mention multiple NFL GM's have expressed a lot of questions if he's even got the head to be a productive NFL player, much less a starting quarterback in the league.

Since there might not be an NFL season and I want to get into the CFL, which team do you guys think I sould cheer for.(not Montreal or Toronto)

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Archived