2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

This head referee has the prototypical Canadian accent....

I love that ref. His accent is hilarious and he always seems insecure about whatever he's saying. Half the time he stumbles overs his words and ends up taking 30 seconds to make a call that should have taken 5.

Well his first language is French. He's announcing everything in his second language in front of the whole country. I'd say it's understandable if he's a bit uncomfortable while speaking. Good think the game doesnt include Saskatchewan.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Useless stat of the day: Pro football teams called the Lions are now 1-1 at home on US Thanksgiving weekend with Nickelback performing at halftime.

+1. Best post all day.

Good think the game doesnt include Saskatchewan.

I'm from Alabama, I watched the game on espn3. I've only seen a couple of CFL games before, so this last comment confused me a little bit. Care to fill me in? Are Roughrider fans particularly mean or something?

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Useless stat of the day: Pro football teams called the Lions are now 1-1 at home on US Thanksgiving weekend with Nickelback performing at halftime.

+1. Best post all day.

I'm from Alabama, I watched the game on espn3. I've only seen a couple of CFL games before, so this last comment confused me a little bit. Care to fill me in? Are Roughrider fans particularly mean or something?

Well, some fans are quite unpleasant :P but it's mostly how he pronounces Saskatchewan, which is no fault of his own due to his French accent.

Well I must say, second best championship game held in Vancouver this weekend...

Definitely! That Vanier Cup will be go down as THE best. Anything to end Laval's reign of terror.

Also I am very impressed with the officiating. One Personal Foul, and the rest were Offside calls. This game was the definition of "Let them play".

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well for one thing, Saskatchewan vs Montreal was what we got in the two previous Grey Cups--so it does make for a change (And Montreal was actually in 3 in row--losing to the Stamps the first of those three years...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived